on 30 August 2015
This book has some lovely patterns most of them easy to knit BUT nobody has proof readied the book before printing. There are small and larger flats in the measurements, the inches seem to be more correct and more worrying in the yarn requirements. The actual patterns themselves seem to be correct just measurements sometimes a bit wrong. This yarn is not the easiest to get so not having the correct number of balls can make it very difficult. There are only 2 shops that I know of that do the yarns both do mail order and I think that a full weight 4ply would probably give a similar tension if not quite the same look Shetland 2ply jumper weight is closest as the original yarn is also a 2ply construction. If you can get a cheap copy or borrow it it has lots of simple and innovative classic tops with a twist. I shall certainly use the patterns again and adapt them for other things so for me not a waste of the money. Just be careful to check the amount of yarn needed.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 January 2010
As with all Marianne's work I find this book variable - there are some good designs, others so-so, some I would want to wear, others I would definitely not, some of the colourways are wonderful, yet on others I think she is colour-blind. A good mix of patterns, but I'm not sure that I would recommend this.
on 27 April 2016
Any book by this designer is always a winner
on 27 February 2015
Good book, interesting detail and shaping.
on 13 February 2015
Excellent book, a lot to learn
on 4 March 2015