Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 3 July 2013
I have to admit, this story had me blubbing on at least half a dozen different occasions (and I never blub at chick lit!!). I'd loved Nicola Yeager's previous novellas (and this is much longer than a novella. Does that make it a novel?) but I wasn't expecting to be so moved by this, her latest. At first, you can feel little sympathy for the heroine, Saskia Lucas, who lives a spoilt life of pampered luxury at the expense of a much older man (she's late twenties, he's almost seventy!). We find her on holiday with him in Portugal and at first might be a little envious of her lifestyle. But as soon as we get to know her better and learn about her past, we realise that she has, for want of a better phrase, sold her soul, and is dying inside. This is made all the more poignant by the flashbacks to the time she spent in Cornwall as a nineteen year old, and by the details of how she met the love of her life, a local surfer called Kirstan, and how they parted ways (God - my eyes are filling with tears as I'm typing this! Damn you, Yeager!). I won't spoil the story for you, but you really, really have to read this. It's written with Yeager's usual witty, punchy, sparkling style and has loads of great characters, from the repellent, creepy Estelle, to the lovely, sexy Australian surfing instructress Janica. I wish I'd saved this for my holiday in three weeks time, but I guess I'll have to read it all over again. Can't wait!
on 3 July 2013
I was just packing for my holiday when this was recommended to me by Amazon- a perfect summer read. I have to admit I found Saskia a bit annoying and shallow at the start and didn't really feel that sorry for her- despite all her whinging about how terrible Franklin treated her. But once you met Kirstan it all became clear. With some really funny moments, this is a sweet and sexy read- I loved it in the end.
on 1 July 2013
I've read all of Nicola Yeager's books and I have to say the only thing that let them down in the past a bit was the length. Whilst I'm growing to love the novella, a great train read- I was pleased this was a bit longer. You really got to know Saskia and all her troubles. Tybalt was hilarious as well - I'm surprised Saskia didn't chuck her champers at him!
This is the second Nicola Yeager book that I have read and I enjoyed both.
At the outset it seems that Saskia has everything she could want in life. The pampered mistress of a wealthy older man. She wants for nothing...or so it would seem. Designer clothes, luxury holidays, anything that money could buy. She has even managed to come to terms with losing the love of her life, by not dwelling on the past. That is until a holiday in Portugal with her lover Franklin. Then the past comes back to knock her for six.
One wonders what decisions we would make under the same circumstances.
This would make an ideal holiday read.
on 14 July 2013
Saskia is young, beautiful and stuck in a loveless arrangement with a man more than twice her age. While on holiday in Portugal a blast from the past reopens a door she once thought closed forever, and amongst the sun, sea and sand of the Algarve Saskia begins to realise what truly matters in life.

This charming romcom is perfect for an afternoon read and leaves you wishing you could jet off on your own holiday romance.
on 12 July 2013
I got this book for free during the initial offer period so it would be churlish to complain but I honestly did enjoy it. The main character is hard to like at first but she grows on you as more of the back story is revealed. The hero, hunky surfer Kristan, is appealing. For me, though, the best character was Aussie surfer girl Janica. Over all Summer Loving was a light, fun easy read.
on 11 July 2013
I really enjoyed this, it's a great book to read on holiday. It's a feel good romance that isn't too cheesy
on 20 July 2013
I so enjoyed this story, and found it perfect for a holiday or summer read. Once I started reading I read it all in the same day, I could imagine it being made as a film.
I'd recommend it to friends, and would look out for this authors books again. 5 stars!!
on 14 July 2013
A really enjoyable read for the sunshine. Longer than Nicola's previous works, which I thought was a good thing.
Pure chicklit through and through - with lots of giggles too.
A great read :)
on 1 August 2013
I really enjoyed reading this story. It's a lighthearted read with a strong message within it - money doesn't buy love or happiness. Well worth a read.