on 21 October 2013
I don't read many short stories, and this is the first I have read by this author.

The story starts with the reader being thrown into the action. The main character is on the run, being chased by unknown hunters. It is only a matter of time until he is caught and I was pulled along wanting to know why he was being hunted and where it would all end. The difficulty with short stories is the writer is limited to a finite number of words to tell the tale. That was no issue here. I was drawn straight into the story, the language used enabling me to imagine the terrain and the fear felt by the unnamed protagonist.

As I have come to find with short stories the ending was abrupt and left me wanting to find out more - which is not always a bad thing!
on 15 October 2013
A great little read. The book moves along at a fast pace taking you in many unexpected directions. The author has caught the raw emotion of a man whose mind has become consumed by that of a fragile boy. A clever book with few words, but tells a big story.
on 26 November 2013
I was drawn in from the first sentence, it was well paced to keep reading. I loved the descriptive style and could imagine the setting and circumstance of the character. Great short read, would recommend and will look for more by this author.