on 21 October 2013
Physically it is very robust, survives falls, trips and drops perfectly. Very easy to transfer pics to PC for storage and review. Quite simple to use BUT the twist dial on the front is very annoying and can't be turned off. It only adds a colour to the picture but it has no markings and can't be locked off so "ruins" many photos. If the child is peering through the eyepiece instead of looking at the screen (the only way my 3 year old daughter will use this camera) they won't see that the bezel has been turned and a perfectly good picture will be an odd colour.
The camera does need to be as still as possible for no blurring. Takes a bit of explaining to a 3 year old but not a problem really.
The website has nothing to add to the camera except a few simple games, new backgrounds and a firmware update (that erases all your media so be careful). Same as all other VTech products really.
The menu is needed for video. It works well if the camera is panned slowly and not too close to pick up takers breathing. Kids love this feature and takes a bit of learning, no problems here.

If you simply want a tough easy to use camera that takes reasonable pictures n vids and you have the patience to explain to the child about taking clear pics n vids taken then this is a very good camera.

I put Digimax 2800 rechargeable AA in it as they last forever and never had that brand fail on me.

My daughter absolutely loves this camera and at the end of the day that's what matters the most.
11 comment|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2013
Camera is just as described. My 6 yr old daughter absolutely loves it. Real success as birthday present. Puchased with matching pink bag.
on 2 January 2014
Xmas present for my 4 year old daughter & she was delighted with it. She started snapping photos immediately & particularly likes the way you can flip it round to take pictures of yourself. Great sized screen & lovely quality pictures. She loves all the different frames & effects. Good value for money
on 13 January 2014
My four year old loves it. My only reason for not giving 5 stars is that it might be a little to advanced for a 4 year old.
on 24 August 2013
My granddaughter found this camera easy to use. She also loves the games. Robust, so far. This camera appears excellent value for money
on 9 January 2014
bought for my grandaughter for christmas,she loved, it and still does,so much than just a camera,she is happy so we are happy.
on 19 September 2013
Daughter was so thrilled to receive her camera. She is 4 years old and has worked out all the games and how to play and put artwork to photo's she spent all day every day since playing with it. Excellent purchase thank-you.....
on 3 February 2014
This camera is Amazing I'm very sceptical and read loads of reviews on different sites before I buy. I took a risk as I was going on holiday and wanted this for my lil girl instead of a disposable. The camera quality was perfect not the best but not the worst either... Let's say its worth the price. My daughter is 6 & loves all the games definitely kept her entertained I would say the games are suitAble for 3 years up... Overall would recommend to everyone battery life is also very good with Duracell used 4 in two weeks and it's also comes with four that lasted a week :)
on 8 January 2014
Possibly the best Christmas present we bought (bought 2 for Christmas 2013) the kids take them everywhere. Seem very sturdy. the only mishap was when my wife dropped it from a higher high and the case opened slightly, but it just popped back in. To be fair, it was virtually thrown at the ground on to hard tiled floor, so I was impressed it didn't smash to bits. I imagine these will last a good time.

Lots for the kids to do. Our 5 year old instantly producing all the different effects so it is easy to use. Our 4 year old a few days behind but is working it all out now.

only downsides;
- the image quality is OK, didn't expect SLR type images of course, but it is very subject to image blur. But there are few interesting shots coming back. Particularly funny everything being at "kids height". We went for a Boxing Day walk and there are loads of dog level pictures of dogs on the walk - quite surreal.
- i think the import could be easier. Normally plugging in a camera to windows it is recognised and you are offered to import the pictures, with Windows automatically placing the shots in the My Pictures folder suitably dated and tagged. Not so here, it is a bit of a manual cut and paste operation. Given the kids fill the cameras up about once a day at the moment this could be easier.
on 9 January 2014
My daughter absolutely loves this. And hasnt stopped playing with it since christmas. Games are quite easy to play. Very happy with it. And so is my daughter.