on 12 October 2013
I bought this for my 4 year old grandson and he loves it being able to take pictures by himself. Really well made and simple to use. Very pleased.
on 7 June 2014
My 3 year old son loves this and it spares our camera from his little hands. He likes that he can take selfies by turning the lens to him. It's fairly easy for him to navigate around and although he isn't quite able to navigate and play the games he gets a lot out of the camera. It's easy to download the photos and the customer service from VTech is excellent. My daughters camera broke and was replaced very quickly. My 6 year old still uses her camera and still enjoys it so it has lasting power as a gift.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 April 2015
I really recommend this camera for any younger child who is still too young to use a ‘grown up’ digital camera. It provides a really good simple introduction to the world of photography. It is specially designed to appeal to younger children. It is big and bright with bold colours and big handgrips that are ideal for little fingers. The camera is encased in a kind of plastic armour that protects it from liquids and knocks. It is typical V-Tech; carefully thought out, beautifully designed and very well made.
The back side of the camera has a number of buttons for functions such as home screen, menu, take picture, up down left and right etc. These are big and colourful and, again, designed for ease of child use. The menu screen is pretty straightforward but of course the child needs to be able to read to use it fully.
The camera itself is 2 megapixel with a 4 x zoom. It has forward and backward facing lenses and these provide reasonable clarity and definition for child use. It can take single shots or movies and it comes with 25MB of memory. This isn’t very much once you start taking pictures so you really need to buy a micro SD memory card as well so you don’t have to keep deleting things.
The camera also contains a number of interesting and ‘fun’ extras. It has a limited photo editing facility where you can change the colour balance and visual arrangement of the images. It also contains five games that a child can play with when he or she gets fed up of taking pictures.
Images can be downloaded to a laptop or other device via a simple micro USB cable that comes with the camera. You can also access the V-tech navigator via your laptop internet connection and download all kinds of other stuff from extra games to apps.
I bought this camera for my great grandson nearly a year ago now and he has had hours of great fun with it. He is now just over four years old and becoming more and more proficient at taking photographs and videos. He can use most of the functions on the camera and he shows no sign of losing interest in it. It seems to have real staying power and will hold a child’s interest for a long time. Overall I thoroughly recommend it.
on 3 June 2014
this has been used more than any other toy in the house....bought it at fantastic price...they were selling for much more in the toyshops and super markets. it has lots of great features and my 4 year old can work it with no trouble. it gives me piece of mind knowing how well made and robust it is! the instuctions were not clear about the ways in which you can charge the batteries. i bought rechargable AA bateries, the camera can be charged via the lead and connected to you computer or you can charge the batteries in their own charger.
on 22 September 2013
My grandson loves it - he got clicking straight away. Only 3 years old but the technology is kidiproof. Would recommend this great little toy.
on 4 November 2013
Great 4 my 3year old loves it and has fun taking pictures and editing them. Its very durable and easily connects up 2 the computer
on 26 December 2013
I bought one of these cameras for my 4 year old grandson's Christmas and it has hardly been out of his hands since. It is an excellent product with great features. However, when buying it I also bought a Sandisk 2GB Secure Digital Card from the "Frequently Bought Together" list. When the wee lad opened his parcel we discovered that the aforementioned digital card would not fit the camera. Although this hasn't caused the end of the world, it seems somewhat misleading for this card to be listed along with this camera especially when the two items are incompatible. Most of the "previous purchasers" must surely be of the same opinion as me, in that in these circumstances, this digital card is a waste of money and that specific mention should be made that it is a Micro card that is required!
11 comment|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2014
This was the perfect present from Father Christmas!
My little girl, as with most children in our society nowadays, loves all things techy, particularly my phone and iPad. She particularly loves taking photos on my phone...I however don't, as I end up with hundred's of blurry pictures of bunny, teddy and various other items around the house, which I then have to go through and delete. I also don't allow her to have access to my phone when I am not with her.
Father Christmas then suggested a toy camera could be the perfect present. After a little browsing online I soon came across this which ticks so many boxes!
- Child friendly, easy to use, navigate
- Solid robust design with reinforced rubber protection
- Zoom
- Different frames
- Different colour options, b&w, sepia etc
- Eyepiece turns 180 so you can take a pic of yourself and see yourself on screen
- Children can learn basic camera skills and functions
- Basically it does everything a modern digital camera does and my Samsung S3 phone camera does, but it is child friendly and my daughter can't accidentally call 999

Plus quite a few other things I've probably missed! Pleased I bought it reduced to £33 over Christmas, but would have happily paid full price as a very well designed, top quality children's product AND you can't say that about many children's toys nowadays now can you?!
on 2 June 2014
I bought this toy as a distraction for my 2 year old grandson because he wanted to play with my brand new digital camera, and he loved it from the moment it came out of the box. The design of this little camera makes it very easy for a child to hold and the rubbery casing protects the camera should the child decide to see how far it will fly. The two megapixel resolution is perfect as it means lots of pictures can be taken on the internal memory and the pictures are of an ideal size to send by email or upload if required. I have not found it necessary to buy a separate memory card. I did buy some rechargeable AA batteries and a battery charger though, as my grandson uses the camera quite a lot. He loves taking pictures of his toys, himself and his family and anything else that catches his eye. He's also discovered some of the funny effects available on his camera and this is always accompanied by hoots of laughter. The camera does everything you would expect from a digital camera and more, with filters, funny photo effects and games. The camera is aimed at 3 years and over but my grandson has just turned 2 and he has hours of fun with it. He hasn't used the games yet but that's something else for him to discover when he's a bit older. I think this camera is one of the best toys ever and would recommend it for any little budding photoghrapher.
on 1 October 2014
This has to be the best childrens purchase in a long while. I got it for a 3 year old and he love it, he foundit easy to use and hold and learnt quickly how to frame pictures too. Its great as at the end of each day you can just go through and delete all the out of focus ones and download the ones you want to keep.