5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this Cookware!
Prestige, a cookware name that has been around all of my life and one that signifies quality, durability and longevity of use. This lovely 4 piece Pan Set would appear to be carrying on these qualities.

Published 15 months ago by Chris in Hampshire

Published 2 months ago by MISS

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this Cookware!, 16 Dec. 2013
Chris in Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Prestige 75 Year Stainless Steel Cookware Set, 4-Piece - Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This cookware set is very well presented in an attractive and sturdy box. Just right when giving as a gift in any circumstances, but particularly as an Engagement or Wedding Gift or for a young person starting out on their own.

These pans are solidly built and made to last by a well known, trusted, reliable and long standing manufacturer. Prestige is a household name.

The set comprises of a Milk Pan, 2 different sized Saucepans with vented glass lids and a Frying Pan with a non-stick inner coating. There is also a leaflet about the use and care of this cookware and which I would advise even the most experienced of persons to read. Every product that is manufactured has guidelines for care and best use of the product and this little leaflet is very comprehensive and explains the reasons why the instructions should be followed. I found it very useful because the saucepans that I have been using prior to these were aluminium ones purchased in the mid 1960's when I got married!

This cookware set is easy on the eye with a plain and simple design that would fit well into any kitchen setting. Not only that, the pans can be used on all conventional types of cooker.

The glass vision lids on the 2 saucepans are well fitting with nice high handles that are easy to grasp hold of, with next to no risk of burning yourself on top of the lid. There is a plastic/nylon opaque washer between the base of the handle and the glass of the lid which I believe is there to prevent not only heat induction but to prevent cracking the glass lid when the metal each sides gets hot. The manufacturer would not put them there is there was no good reason. The lids fit very well and unlike my old saucepans the lids sit in to the top of the pan rather than over it.

There are pouring lips on both sides of the smallest saucepan making it suitable for left or right handed users when pouring out liquids, sauces etc.

The handles on the pans are sturdy, slightly curved and of a nice long length making them easy to hold, and to balance well on the cooker top (we have gas). If with the contents in they are a little too heavy, then the length of the handle enables 2 hands to be used for lifting. The handles on the pans and lids are all riveted on to ensure longevity and the quality plastic is of an orange peel type finish which makes for a better and safer grip should your hands be wet or damp. They are also of a matte finish which has a smarter look than shiny plastic. At the end of the pan handles are holes so that they can be hung on hooks for storage if you prefer.

The bases are extremely sturdy and their construction means good heat distribution all over the base thus eliminating any 'hot spots'. On a gas cooker do not have the flame too high and going up the sides or you will discolour your lovely saucepans. The bases hold the heat well meaning that fuel can be saved by using a low heat. On each of the pan bases is engraved the size/liquid capacity of each pan.

For anyone for whom weight is a consideration, the empty weights of the pans are as follows:

Milk / Little Saucepan - 500 grams approx
Smaller Saucepan - 650 grams approx without lid and 950 grams approx with lid
Larger Saucepan - 1 kilo approx without lid and 1 kilo 400 grams with lid
Frying Pan - 1 kilo approx

There is a chance that some food may cause a blueing or rainbow effect inside the pan but this can be removed with stainless steel cleaner. It did happen when I heated up beans or soup in the little milk pan, but cleaner removed it. After that I just wiped a little oil round the inside of the saucepans and this was effective - no blueing or any marking after cooking spaghetti in the large saucepan or any other foods for that matter.

The cookware all washes well and I have found that food has not stuck. When the pan is removed from the heat, DO NOT immediately plunge into cold water to soak as this will be detrimental to the base and long term use. The pan must be placed on a heat resistant surface and allowed to cool down naturally. The pans have all washed well by hand (we do not have a dishwasher) and I believe that is the way to keep them looking good.

This is an excellent offer price and even more so for a product that has a Manufacturer's 10 Year Guarantee.

I can thoroughly recommend this product and am really enjoying using them (and I do not like cooking!!)

2.0 out of 5 stars For the price, you would expect quality - oozes brown gunk from the seams., 29 Dec. 2014
I purchased these pans back in May and only moved into my place and starting using these pans 6 months later. As such, they are now outside the timeframe for returns. I am very disappointed with these pans and wonder if anyone else has experienced the same issue as me or whether, as a one-off, my pans are defective, based on all the other positive feedback here (albeit that the majority of these reviews seem to be Vine Customer Reviews of a Free Product). Basically, upon first use and subsequent uses thereafter, a thick brown substance exudes from the outer rim of the saucepans, running down the sides and causing flecks of the same all over the hob surface and also on the cast iron hob frame. The substances dries hard on the surfaces. Using hot water and a good deal of elbow grease, I am able to scrub the unsightly gunk off the sides of the pan and also on the hob surface (which is stainless steel); however, I have not been able to remove the flecks from the cast iron without scouring, which would cause damage to the surface. I have given the product two stars as the inner surface of the pans is not affected. It is, however, a great nuisance to have to scrub the pans and hob surface to rid them of the marks. Given that I have probably received a defective product, I will try contacting Meyer Group to see if a replacement can be offered. I will post further comments on how this matter is handled, for your information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set of Pans for All Stoves including Induction Hobs, 27 Nov. 2013
pufferfish (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a set of stainless steel pans with aluminium cores (for their thermal transfer properties) which can be used on all cooking hobs including induction. This set consists of a milk pan, two saucepans, a 'French Skillet'. There are glass lids for the two sauce pans. Only the skillet is non-stick. The instruction manual does say that you can wash the pans in the dishwasher (though they recommend hand washing as over time dishwashers can dull the pans). The pans are quite heavy, but feel quite balanced, though on a gas hob, the smallest pans might be a little unstable when empty as the handles weigh a bit. The pans work fine on an induction cooker too. Being stainless steel, these pans are quite good for higher temperature cooking, such as deep frying or making sugar syrups and (small portions) of jams. The pans are oven safe to Gas Mark 4 according to the instructions too. The pan sizes are a good starter range for cooking equipment requirements. The smallest pan is great for sauces or for heating up smaller quantities of food. The saucepans are adequate size for most day to day cooking. The skillet is fairly deep, which means that you can use it as a frying pan or making a stir fry. This set of pans would be good for a smaller sized family / couple / student. The pans look impressive, feel hefty, with thick walls and bases and have a nice quality feel to them and should last.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice set of pans, 2 Jan. 2014
Neil Goodacre - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third set of pans I've tried since having my induction hob fitted a couple of years ago. The first set cost about seventy quid and disintegrated within a couple of months, although this could partly be down to my ignorance as the what exactly the button marked 'power' on my hob does. It's not the on-off switch, it turns out...

The second lot came from Ikea and were accordingly dirt cheap as you'd expect. They're still going strong but I took the opportunity to review this set from Prestige when the opportunity arose. Let me tell you, this is a good quality set of pans. They have thick, heavy bases, I guess to make them induction-friendly and curvy, ergonomic handles which are securely riveted on and they feel like good quality products.

Included in this set you get a little milk pan which you'll probably never heat milk in if you have a microwave but that does a good turn heating up beans and two other larger saucepans with lids. In my opinion the best piece is the little frying pan which is great for doing an omelette for one or a couple of fried eggs and this has been used more than any of the other pans, probably every other day on average since I've had it and it shows no signs of wear.

So there you go, they're good pans. Now, I've had comments on previous reviews complaining when I've mentioned the cost of items. If money is no object to you then skip this paragraph and buy the things but it is worth saying that the rrp on this set, considering you only get four pans, is high. Like I said, I've got a bunch of pans from Ikea and, while there is an obvious difference in quality, the Prestige pans having something of an artisanal feel to them, there is an even more obvious difference in price and I'm not sure it's completely justified.

But, these are nice all the same and would make a nice wedding or moving-in present for someone and, as well as being fine for traditional cookers, they are induction-friendly so their owners can freely choose the hob they want going forward, without the worry of replacing their cookware.

Quality, but priced accordingly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality pans that should last many years, 16 Dec. 2013
Bernardette Lugner (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These stainless steel Meyer pans are branded Prestige, and even have a huge Prestige logo moulded into their undersides. This is a heavyweight set and good value for under £60: you get a large saucepan, a medium one, and a milk-pan. There is also a large, weighty frying pan, which seems to have a very tough non-stick interior. Few people boil milk these days, but that small pan is ideal for boiling eggs and warming small quantities of food. All the utensils feature long, strong handles with plastic grips, very securely welded or riveted to the pan bodies, so they are not going to work loose. The plastic grips make hot pans easier to lift with bare hands, but I can't believe they will last as well as all-stainless steel handles. Accidentally letting them get over a lit gas burner is going to damage them. The two saucepans have glass lids. Again, I am suspicious of their life expectancy. What if I drop one on to my very hard kitchen floor?

All the utensils have aluminium cores embedded in their bases -- this is vital for stainless steel pans -- and these really spread the heat very well. Where the bases join the pan bodies there is a fine groove all around and this makes the pans a bit harder to clean. I own other makes of pan where the base-to-body join is completely smooth.

Even with my minor criticisms, I feel these pans are a good addition to my kitchen and they're on the job on the hob every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT PANS AT A BRILLIANT PRICE, 15 Dec. 2013
Mrs. C. Swarfield - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are aluminium heavy weight pans with steel bases that spread the heat evenly.
Very well priced for the set with the PRESTIGE logo imprinted underneath making a
classy set of kit. A milkpan, two saucepans, a skillet with two lids for the
saucepans comprising the set.

These saucepans are perfect for day to day living and I can comfortably cook for
four with them. They look and feel impressive and are dishwaasher safe although
I am still washing mine by hand to maintain the 'newness' for a little while longer.

The set comes with a ten year warranty but my guess is they wuill last much much
longer than ten years - I cannot recommend highly enough - a sound investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars High-quality cookware set, 7 Dec. 2013
Mr. N. Daws (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am very impressed with this high-quality cookware set. All four pans are constructed to a high standard, with heavy bases that ensure stability as well as good heat transmission. They also have long, comfortable handles with excellent insulation.

The two saucepans have glass lids with high flanges, which mean they fit neatly and firmly on top of the pans while letting you see what is going on inside. The non-stick frying pan (or skillet if you prefer) is particularly good for making omelettes!

This set would make a great "starter pack" for a student or young person/couple, though as a middle-aged male now living alone after a bereavement I have found it suits my needs very well too.

3.0 out of 5 stars decent pans, shame about the handles, 16 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I believe these pans are actually manufactured by Meyer who made my previous set. This means that the pans themselves are of really good quality. The heat distribution is great, the stainless steel is of high quality and they are durable and tough. The problem with this set for me are the plastic handles on both the pans and the lids. They look and feel cheap. The handles are oven safe up to about 180c but I think it's a great shame that these are not made of the same stainless steel as the pans themselves. My previous set had metal handles and they look much classier. I also miss the strainer lids from previous set but I can't keep harping on about them. Suffice to say that this is an ok set, at the reduced price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 27 Dec. 2013
K. D. Squire (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love prestige cookware, it's always tough durable stylish and easy to wash,. This pan set doesn't let the brand down, it's quick to heat up on a gas hob and is incredibly easy to clean. Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better if the pans were non stick, 24 Dec. 2013
M. Bray "Mia" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On opening this is an a fairly good looking set, with a stainless steel finish and glass lids. The black plastic handles let it down a little but otherwise robust. Set consists of 14 inch milk pan, 16 and 20 inch pans with lids and a 24 inch frying pan.

The care guide is a little sparse as although suited to my electric hob it doesn't make it particularly clear on dish washers.

So far I've cooked mushrooms, eggs, curry, spaghetti bol and no problems. The heat distributed easily and cooked evenly, the only issue I had at all was with rice sticking to the bottom of the pan when I didn't put the lid on early enough. Just takes a bit of getting used to not having non stick