5.0 out of 5 stars Great blender on first impressions
Published 19 months ago by Eddy Grabczewski

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth buying...
"So far so good, seems to work well, it takes a bit of time though don't expect to get thing blitzed in few seconds, more like 90 seconds and you will have nice smoothie or soup or what ever you are at. Good product for the price!"

Published 8 months ago by Helena

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth buying..., 22 Aug. 2014

That's what I wrote in first few days after having it. Now I need to say that is broke, after blending banana with some milk and porridge, not hard stuff at all, glass jug broke at the fitting and crack went al the way up to sides. Luckily no one was injured or close to it when it happened, dangerous item, not very well made at all. Just look nice, but not worth a penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blender on first impressions, 6 Sept. 2013
My first impression of this blender is that it seems to be a solid product with a nice heavy glass jug, however the Speed Control is a bit flimsy but with all the standard options. The Speed Control is perfectly smooth, making it difficult to grip when you're using the crushed ice setting. I'm not sure why this setting is necessary anyway as there's a more convenient Pulse Button which has the same effect anyway. There are two speed settings when you turn the Speed Control to the right.

This blender is rated at 600 Watts (1 horsepower is 746 Watts), making it a typical domestic blender. My guess at blender theory is that the more powerful the blender, the faster it rotates the blades, creating a vortex that sucks the contents down towards the blades, which then shred the fruit of vegetable contents into pieces, making the final result smoother.

After one minute of blending (which is the maximum that Breville recommends before giving the machine a two minute break) I find I can still see small bits of fruit suspended in the mixture. This is okay for most purposes and, personally, I prefer it. But if you're trying to blend something to perfection then I guess you'll want a faster and more powerful blender, rated maybe at 1500 Watts (2 horsepower) or even 2240 Watts (3 horsepower).

The instructions fail to point out that the plastic ring at the base of the glass jug does actually unscrew from the base - although there is no need to do so unless you really want to clean everything more thoroughly than usual or, perhaps, to inspect the blades themselves. Make sure you screw it back on properly and that the jug sits firmly on the base after doing this.

I note the previous reviewers comments and will post any faults if and when I find them. For now, everything seems fine and I'm very happy. I do hope Breville sort out the spare parts problem though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't actually blend...., 1 Feb. 2014
I bought this for making baby food and smoothies and it was awful. Bad design, doesn't actually blend any food and smelt of burning. Sent it back

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be deceived by pretty looks!, 14 Sept. 2013
I was so excited by my new purchase. It looks so pretty and the glass jug is nice and solid, however when it comes to blending ANYTHING, it is completely useless! I tried my favourite; fresh ginger, with apple juice and grapefruit juice, it simply didn't blend the ginger at all. I tried the red pepper soup recipe, but the garlic and red pepper failed to blend. The machine makes so much more noise than my old blender (which had a plastic jug, but blended everything perfectly), it appears more powerful due to the noise it makes but achieved nothing. Even super soft cream cheese and ready cooked butternut squash failed to blend.
I am going to return mine. It is pretty but useless!

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed, 5 Sept. 2013
Arrived from Amazon as you would expect at the beginning of August 2013, looks the part very sturdy glass jug, takes a bit of doing to get frozen or even semi frozen fruit to blend once you turn it on and that's with either milk or yogurt thrown I to the mix to assist it, bought this only for smoothies and soups. Less than a month in and its leaking, a small pin sized hole has appeared in the housing underneath the blades, called Breville they said send it back to Amazon, not wanting to wait I tried to get the relevant part and the response was 'they don't stock parts for this model yet', in or out of warranty I cant be bothered straight in the bin, hope you have better luck.

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment, 11 Jan. 2015
Hugely disappointing. Doesn't crush ice. Many items it won't blend properly- even bananas in a smoothie still come out lumpy. I was using it fairly successfully for mixing up smoothies when it inexplicably got a huge crack and is now useless. Nothing hot in there and not dropped. Total waste of money

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money., 13 Jan. 2015
I was given this as a Christmas present. I love the colour. However, on it's first use, blending a warm, (not hot) red pepper soup, it started leaking. I then realised that the glass jug has cracked from top to bottom. From reading reviews, it seems this is a common problem. Don't be deceived by it's pretty face!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 15 July 2014
I love my blender! It looks fantastic and blends effectively and without too much noise. Never had any problems so far with blending harder fruits or veg - perfect smoothies every time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for makeing cocktails, 27 April 2014
My wife loves this machine she loves the colour and the design and it works 10 pounds cheaper than the big store you would find on a retail park , Great value for money .

5.0 out of 5 stars Good blender, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Breville Pick and Mix Blender, 600 Watt - Strawberry Cream (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this to replace my blender that my boyfriend broke after reading the reviews I was unsure but it's really proved itself. I use it a couple of times a week to make my morning fruit smoothies and I don't have to cut the fruit up really small.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›