2,378 Reviews
 (1,971)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 100% recommended
What an absolute bargain for a top notch smoothie maker. It can cope with very solid balls of frozen spinach no problem when making lunch smoothies in the morning to take to work with me. I also use mine to make flourless banana pancakes: throw 2x eggs and a ripe chopped up banana in and blitz for a few seconds, then fry in a pan for a few mins per side.
Published 1 month ago by Nicole

1.0 out of 5 stars Really bad quality
At first this blender worked fine. I have only used it for smoothies which is a really basic thing that this blender should do. Unfortunately only after using it a few times it stopped working. The engine decided just not to work.

I don't recommend this product.
Published 13 months ago by Cristina Clopatofsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 100% recommended, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender - 300 Watt - White/Green (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars This Blender is absolutely BRILLIANT, I've been using mine since the beginning of ..., 2 Feb. 2015
This Blender is absolutely BRILLIANT, I've been using mine since the beginning of January and I've been recommending it to anyone who will listen!! It is fantastic value for money, and so easy to use, clean and store. I've been making smoothies in the evening to take to school with me the next day, and it's so easy to transport in my bag, it doesn't leak and it makes a decent sized smoothie. My favourite thing about it is that you can just experiment and make your own recipes. I feel so much better drinking these smoothies because they really kick start my day and fill me up which means that I don't spend all my money buying crisps and sweets and that makes me feel better about myself for being healthy.

***Tips, Ideas & Useful Websites***
- Buy frozen fruit chunks (I've used mango) for a better flavour, a thicker consistency, and a colder drink. (Also saves you from trying to cut open a mango)
- Put Porridge Oats in your smoothie, it makes the smoothie thicker and more filling (This is great because it stops me from snacking between meals) I followed this oatmeal smoothie recipe here http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/233
- My favourite experimental recipe
~ Handful of frozen mango chunks
~ 1-2 Kiwi(s)
~ 1 Nectarine
~ Apple Juice
- This website has loads of smoothie ideas http://www.nursingdegree.net/blog/38/100-delicious-easy-to-make-smoothies-that-work-wonders-for-your-health/
- Don't be afraid to put vegetables in (Spinach, Kale, cumcumber, etc) You won't be able to taste it and it adds extra nutrition.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, perfect, no issues at all!, 14 Jan. 2015
I really like it, very handy, just change the blender to a drink top and that's it done. easy to clean just rinse. I put the yoghurt in last and it means everything blends in seconds. you do have to hold the blend button down but its so fast is doesn't matter. would buy again and would recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing, 9 April 2014
Quick easy to use, easy to clean, robust and convenient. A must for the food, smoothie and bullet proof coffee enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than a jug blender if you're making smoothies everyday!, 30 Dec. 2014
I am loving this blender! I've been big on making my own smoothies for a while and these are great for minimum fuss and minimum mess. The bottles are a great size and easy to clean, so much easier than a jug blender if you're making smoothies!

So far, the blades have withstood everything I've thrown at them, including frozen fruit and ice cubes. As long as there is some liquid to get things moving then it seems to have no problems slicing through fruit and veg and leaves you with no icky lumpy bits. I do think there is a bit of a trick to how you fill the bottle though. For example, if I'm making something with frozen fruits, I will put these near the top of the bottle so they come into contact with the blades first. Softer stuff like bananas and avocados I would put near the bottom of the bottle when I'm filling it up as those blend very easily. Definitely good to put liquid in for a smoother drink and generally you will require a bit of experimenting (or looking at recipes) to find the best combinations of fruit and veg.

The machine itself seems very sturdy. Other reviews have noted that it takes a bit of force to screw the blade on and getting the bottle onto the base can be a bit challenging, but I have had little in the way of problems with this. The trick with the bottle onto the base seems to be gently pressing and turning so that the mechanisms are connected properly before locking in place. As someone who struggles to open jars and bottles, its been going well and I've had no leaks. The bottles are good quality plastic and I have put them through the dishwasher (top shelf) with no problems. The tops also seem to contain the liquids very well. I usually take my smoothies to work and so far there have been no spillages in my handbag. Delighted with this product and would recommend to anyone!

I will leave this review with one of my faves: Green peanut butter and banana smoothie.

Ingredients:
2 small bananas
2-3 tablespoons of greek yoghurt
Milk (for a smooth blend)
2 handfuls of spinach
1 large teaspoon of peanut butter
1 small avocado, or half a large one.

Directions:
Load it all up and blend until smooooooth. Don't be afraid of the spinach! You won't taste it.
I usually use frozen spinach, this in combo with the yoghurt and milk usually means the smoothie is nicely chilled :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little personal blender!, 12 Jan. 2014
It doesn't leak, its strong little machine blends everything even veggies! very strong motor, Love it! Highly recommend this model

5.0 out of 5 stars Minimal effort for maximum healthy rewards, 11 Mar. 2015
Excellent product. Not too large to keep on the worktop. So easy to use, making a smoothie is so little trouble and cleaning afterwards is minimal. It's no effort to try different fruit and veg, what a good way to consume all that healthy stuff. My only comment is that in my enthusiasm I over filled it which caused a small amount to leak out at the bottom, the bottle wouldn't come out without turning it upside down, unscrewing it and leaving the blades in and waiting for it to dry out. Working perfectly though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bit of Kit, 16 Mar. 2015
forget nutribullet - this Breville blender is brilliant, comes with a few recipes but just make what you want or you can buy a recipe book for a few pounds. The smoothies i have made so far have been tasty and filling. How about a simple one - half an apple, half a pear, half a small banana, a kiwi fruit, half an orange and some cranberry juice - no need to peel the fruit either apart from the orange and banana. If you want to make a healthy drink / snack would reccommend this blender

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 23 Sept. 2014
Amazing product! I was expecting a functional product (obviously), but i was NOT expecting such a potent device!

It's extremely user-friendly! Put the produces inside, put the blade on top, attach it to the machine and press the button!
And VOILA! It's done!

When it comes to cleaning, it's as easy as rinsing in water (both the bottles and the blade) and it's done!
In fact, if you use it properly you won't even need to wash the main base device, as it won't get dirty!

It's extremely potent considering its compact size and mixes everything together without a problem.

I'll leave here a recipe that i created myself. It's a light, tasty and Healthy shake that anyone can make in 1 minute, with everyday produces:

1 natural yoghurt
1 table spoon of Flaxseeds
3 pieces of canned/fresh Peach OR pineapple (or both!)
1 handfull of rocket (don't be afradi to use it! it gives an amazing fresh taste to the shake)
Fill the bottle up to the 500ml mark with water.

Mix and enjoy a tasty, cool and healthy drink.

PS: My gf usually mixes the ingredients with soy milk instead of water and it tastes amazing as well! It even gets a creamier feel to it.

I hope this review/suggestion was useful!

Kind Regards!

5.0 out of 5 stars this thing from a mans perspective is the best appliance in the house, 19 Aug. 2014
this thing from a mans perspective is the best appliance in the house. the bottle is insanely easy to clean. buy this and you wont regret it. trust me. the people that broke the blades were probably trying to blend their faces or something...