5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use
this was a gift for my son who is into his health drinks - he loves the fact that he can make the drink in the bottle and not have to transfer it or wash anything extra. He has used frozen fruit and says it works brilliantly.

great buy :)
Published 6 months ago by A Cox

2.0 out of 5 stars Blends well so far but badly designed
Have only used a couple of times and has blended frozen fruit fine. However, I agree with what another reviewer in that the screw-in function is badly designed.

Published 3 months ago by N. Morley

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender - 300 Watt (Kitchen & Home)

great buy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dieters Dream!, 5 Mar 2014
I am doing a shake diet, but don't have time to faff around with blending! Such a great product for on the go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little personal blender!, 12 Jan 2014
It doesn't leak, its strong little machine blends everything even veggies! very strong motor, Love it! Highly recommend this model

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal Blender, 4 April 2014
G. A. Smith - See all my reviews
This is a great product shakes on the go I can make them up and place in the fridge great for making most shakes and smoothies

5.0 out of 5 stars I would really recommend., 14 Feb 2014
It's quick smooth and really handy bottle to take with you anywhere, the children can use it aswell with no problems.
Jo cook

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product!, 11 Feb 2014
Brilliant product. Very easy to use and simple to clean. Everything you need in a blender! Perfect sized beakers. Very impressed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Blends well so far but badly designed, 23 April 2014
N. Morley - See all my reviews

In order to operate, you screw the blade mechanism into the bottle, then screw the bottle-attached-to-blade into the base. The problem is is that the screw motion for the bottle top is in the same direction as the screw motion into the base so when I tried to unscrew the bottle out of the base on the second time I used it, I only managed to unscrew the bottle (having to turn the whole thing upside down to avoid smoothie going everywhere), leaving the blade mechanism stuck in the base - very difficult to remove! This is very annoying and would have been easily avoided if Breville had designed the screw motions to operate in opposite directions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks!, 18 Jan 2014
Great little mixer, quite powerful, crushes ice with no problem at all, very easy & simple to use just mix & take the bottle with you. Has 2 bottles which comes with mixer. Design quite trendy, quite compact, doesn't take up too much space at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE my easy to use smoothie maker., 16 Sep 2013
This is so practical. I couldn't live without it now! Very easy to assemble and to clean too. Great value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars I love this product but it has flaws., 29 April 2014
Reviews Guy (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I love what this does. I love the design. It's such a brilliant product, but it broke after my 3rd use. I was making lemon juice, I peeled the lemon completely, cut into quarters and dropped inside the container with three teaspoons of white sugar, added 4 cubes of ice, a piece of melon and topped up with cold water, fitted the blade unit, attached to the base, pressed blend and it made a horrible noise. I removed the bottle from the base and could see melted plastic. Oh snap.

Why do good ideas get badly executed? I really love this thing but I can't afford to keep replacing it every 3 uses. Yes, it's the first time that it happened to me but by reading the other 1-star reviews I can only assume that it's a design flaw.

Breville, if you guys are reading I would gladly pay 99 for this if you made it sturdy and durable, and by that I mean a GOOD motor that will last 10 or more years and a GOOD blade that is all metallic and won't break with light fruit and a few ice cubes even though it states on the box that it crushes ice. Why did I say 99 and not less? Because the Nutribullet costs 99 but the container is not as nice. What makes your product wonderful is the long bottle and the lid makes it perfect to put on the side of my backpack or the car's cup holder, plus I'm able to close it off so it doesn't spill. The bottle's plastic is great, the main problem is the motor unit and the blade unit which are crap (sorry but it's the truth).

Please Breville make a v2 with premium materials, people (including me) will buy in a heartbeat if it lasts for many years. We're tired of crappy products that go in the bin and pollute the environment, just make something that lasts even if it costs extra.

Just an addition, I bought mine at my local Tesco Extra, the Breville website does not mention them as a reseller but they carry this item too.