5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use
this was a gift for my son who is into his health drinks - he loves the fact that he can make the drink in the bottle and not have to transfer it or wash anything extra. He has used frozen fruit and says it works brilliantly.

great buy :)
Published 7 months ago by A Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars broke quickly
Product looks great and is very handy. It was great as long it was working. After just 2 months the actual metal mixer inside broke and is not usable anymore. I have no contact details to get a replacement.
Published 4 months ago by Anna

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender - 300 Watt (Kitchen & Home)

great buy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little personal blender!, 12 Jan 2014
It doesn't leak, its strong little machine blends everything even veggies! very strong motor, Love it! Highly recommend this model

5.0 out of 5 stars Dieters Dream!, 5 Mar 2014
I am doing a shake diet, but don't have time to faff around with blending! Such a great product for on the go!

3.0 out of 5 stars broke quickly, 10 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant blender for gym goers!, 25 July 2014
This blender is brilliant. One downfall is that it says it can crush ice, which it kinda can but if you put frozen fruit in there, like the frozen fruit you can buy in supermarkets then the blades wont even move. That is the only downfall for this. I use it all the time and is a brilliant contraption!!! Most of my family and friends have them now after me showing off mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product!, 11 Feb 2014
Brilliant product. Very easy to use and simple to clean. Everything you need in a blender! Perfect sized beakers. Very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 Jan 2014
Mr. Andrew Malcolm (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Hi read a few of the reviews and would like to point out a couple of things with regard to some of the other negative factors that were stated. One person stated that it was a bit noisy - I have used several blenders and think it's probably quieter than most. One person stated that the lid didn't stay closed very well and wouldn't put the bottle in their bag - it's almost childproof. I will agree that the opening could be a little bigger but it's by no means too small. And, finally, I have used mine several times and it hasn't broken and I have put lots of ice etc in it so I wouldn't worry about that one either. The big bonuses for me are that you get two bottles and you can judge exactly how much of your ingredients to put in. And, being a man, just having to wash the bottle and not the bottle and the blender jug is a massive bonus. You also get a small smoothie/protein shake guide. I cannot see any reason why it doesn't deserve 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars I love this product but it has flaws., 29 April 2014
Reviews Guy (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I love what this does. I love the design. It's such a brilliant product, but it broke after my 3rd use. I was making lemon juice, I peeled the lemon completely, cut into quarters and dropped inside the container with three teaspoons of white sugar, added 4 cubes of ice, a piece of melon and topped up with cold water, fitted the blade unit, attached to the base, pressed blend and it made a horrible noise. I removed the bottle from the base and could see melted plastic. Oh snap.

Why do good ideas get badly executed? I really love this thing but I can't afford to keep replacing it every 3 uses. Yes, it's the first time that it happened to me but by reading the other 1-star reviews I can only assume that it's a design flaw.

Breville, if you guys are reading I would gladly pay 99 for this if you made it sturdy and durable, and by that I mean a GOOD motor that will last 10 or more years and a GOOD blade that is all metallic and won't break with light fruit and a few ice cubes even though it states on the box that it crushes ice. Why did I say 99 and not less? Because the Nutribullet costs 99 but the container is not as nice. What makes your product wonderful is the long bottle and the lid makes it perfect to put on the side of my backpack or the car's cup holder, plus I'm able to close it off so it doesn't spill. The bottle's plastic is great, the main problem is the motor unit and the blade unit which are crap (sorry but it's the truth).

Please Breville make a v2 with premium materials, people (including me) will buy in a heartbeat if it lasts for many years. We're tired of crappy products that go in the bin and pollute the environment, just make something that lasts even if it costs extra.

Just an addition, I bought mine at my local Tesco Extra, the Breville website does not mention them as a reseller but they carry this item too.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money!, 21 Aug 2014
My 16 year bought herself one of these and I have to say it's impressive so much so I bought one too. Small,compact,looks good and works extremely well for 20. Drinks bottles are of food size. Easy to use. Fill the bottle with fruit and liquid of your choice put the bottom on , turn upside down,place on blender and A
Wizz for no more than 30 seconds. Come with a few recipes and I downloaded a free smoothie making book off amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 5 uses, 18 Nov 2013
I was really looking forward to this being released and raved about it after three days of use. But now, after using it just 5 times a small piece of frozen fruit destroyed the spinning action of the blade. It's supposed to cut ice - even so I left the frozen fruit in liquid for a few minutes before blending them. This didn't work. The blade spins when the underneath plastic 'circle' attaches to the plastic circle on the motor part. In this case the flimsy plastic circle broke free from the blade and the machine span very fast without turning the blade. Smoke started leaking from the friction and the plastic melted a little. This machine seems good in every other way but the blade could surely have been attached to something other than plastic. It is not at all robust.

Oh, and the lid doesn't stay closed. It twists on but the flip up cap doesn't click into place it's very easy to tap it off in a bag.

The same thing has happened to the replacement. Strange how people say my review is unhelpful I wonder why... This is what has happened, twice, and I'm writing a review in order to help people make informed decisions. I wonder who these review haters work for :D