5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little personal blender!
It doesn't leak, its strong little machine blends everything even veggies! very strong motor, Love it! Highly recommend this model
Published 7 months ago by Stephanie Burton

3.0 out of 5 stars broke quickly
Product looks great and is very handy. It was great as long it was working. After just 2 months the actual metal mixer inside broke and is not usable anymore. I have no contact details to get a replacement.
Published 4 months ago by Anna

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little personal blender!, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender - 300 Watt (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 2 Jan 2014
this was a gift for my son who is into his health drinks - he loves the fact that he can make the drink in the bottle and not have to transfer it or wash anything extra. He has used frozen fruit and says it works brilliantly.

great buy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blend Away!!!, 25 Aug 2014
Brilliant!! I only do reviews if something is really good or really bad.
I wasn't sure on this when I ordered it as other products like Nutribullet are a lot more expensive,but for 20.00 it does the job.I've used it every day,sometimes twice a day.I've even made a frappe.One important tip,stop half way give a good shake then blend again :)

3.0 out of 5 stars broke quickly, 10 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant blender for gym goers!, 25 July 2014
This blender is brilliant. One downfall is that it says it can crush ice, which it kinda can but if you put frozen fruit in there, like the frozen fruit you can buy in supermarkets then the blades wont even move. That is the only downfall for this. I use it all the time and is a brilliant contraption!!! Most of my family and friends have them now after me showing off mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dieters Dream!, 5 Mar 2014
I am doing a shake diet, but don't have time to faff around with blending! Such a great product for on the go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to use and very convenient, but pulse ice first, 2 Sep 2014
I am in the very early stages of using this blender, so am unable to comment on how long it will last but so far so good. I love the shape of the bottles as they are much easier to hold and take to the gym. The flap on the sports top does need a strong push to secure it but seems firm and hasn't leaked. I have just ordered two more 600 ml bottles as all my family are using it and we need the extra.

I also got the blade stuck in the base the second time I used it. It was totally my fault - I thought the machine wasn't working so pushed it in too hard - it turned out the socket wasn't switched on - as a result I had jammed it in and had to tip the machine upside down to remove the container and its contents without spilling everything everywhere. My husband used a small screwdriver in the holes around the plastic holder of the blade to gently push it free. I was understandably nervous using it after that, but it has been fine since. So be warned, it only needs a small push in.

I actually have a Thermomix which is truly amazing, but we all use it every day and I thought if I bought a smaller blender it would reduce any potential wear and tear. Although the Thermomix is easy to clean, it is much bulkier. However, I have learned that even with such a powerful model as the Thermomix, you should just 'pulse' ice to begin with (ie short bursts) and not just stick it straight onto blend, otherwise the ice, being very hard and frozen, can jam solid under the blades causing them to stick or break. I must admit the Breville is much quicker to use and clean. It is a much cheaper build quality to the Thermomix, obviously, but I hope if we treat it with care it will last a long while. It is guaranteed for 1 year anyway and customer service were great when I phoned to order the extra bottles so I am also hoping that any problems I might encounter will be quickly sorted out.

Cleaning tip (again from using the Thermomix) - just add a small dot of washing up liquid with water to the bottle and blend it for a few seconds to clean any hard to remove food. Then just rinse. I haven't actually needed to do this yet as I find it washes out quite easily with a quick shake and swirl in the washing up bowl but I noticed that other reviewers commented on cleaning.

I add spinach to my drinks and found they didnt mix that well, but I read on a blog somewhere that if you blend spinach first with water before adding the other ingredients it apparently does a better job. I also add frozen fruit such as bananas or grapes and protein powder and it all blends well. It is so easy to put back on the base if you feel it needs any extra ingredients or needs a longer blend.
I normally do 3 or 4 short bursts, followed by a 10 second blend and it is perfect.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. This blender, like some of the alternative makes, are built for blending smoothies. I was tempted to buy the Nutribullet but that had lots of bad reviews too - with very similar problems so I went for a cheaper option, thinking if it did need replacing after a year (hopefully not!) it wouldn't be such a major cost. The Vitamix and Thermomix are better quality, but they also cost a small fortune. Plus you then need to pour the ingredients into a glass or bottle, so additional washing up! You can use them for lots more things, but they are bulkier and heavier to use on a daily basis and when you are in a rush. The Breville is a lot more convenient as you only have to run the blade under the tap and go! I have also had some of the alternative smoothie makers which have also broken after a year or so. They were fine and I would buy them again, but the shape of the bottle in the Blend Active model was the deciding factor for me.

In conclusion, we all love using it. It is fun and quick to use and clean and the bottles are a good size and easy to hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product!, 11 Feb 2014
Brilliant product. Very easy to use and simple to clean. Everything you need in a blender! Perfect sized beakers. Very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 Jan 2014
Mr. Andrew Malcolm (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Hi read a few of the reviews and would like to point out a couple of things with regard to some of the other negative factors that were stated. One person stated that it was a bit noisy - I have used several blenders and think it's probably quieter than most. One person stated that the lid didn't stay closed very well and wouldn't put the bottle in their bag - it's almost childproof. I will agree that the opening could be a little bigger but it's by no means too small. And, finally, I have used mine several times and it hasn't broken and I have put lots of ice etc in it so I wouldn't worry about that one either. The big bonuses for me are that you get two bottles and you can judge exactly how much of your ingredients to put in. And, being a man, just having to wash the bottle and not the bottle and the blender jug is a massive bonus. You also get a small smoothie/protein shake guide. I cannot see any reason why it doesn't deserve 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars I love this product but it has flaws., 29 April 2014
Reviews Guy (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I love what this does. I love the design. It's such a brilliant product, but it broke after my 3rd use. I was making lemon juice, I peeled the lemon completely, cut into quarters and dropped inside the container with three teaspoons of white sugar, added 4 cubes of ice, a piece of melon and topped up with cold water, fitted the blade unit, attached to the base, pressed blend and it made a horrible noise. I removed the bottle from the base and could see melted plastic. Oh snap.

Why do good ideas get badly executed? I really love this thing but I can't afford to keep replacing it every 3 uses. Yes, it's the first time that it happened to me but by reading the other 1-star reviews I can only assume that it's a design flaw.

Breville, if you guys are reading I would gladly pay 99 for this if you made it sturdy and durable, and by that I mean a GOOD motor that will last 10 or more years and a GOOD blade that is all metallic and won't break with light fruit and a few ice cubes even though it states on the box that it crushes ice. Why did I say 99 and not less? Because the Nutribullet costs 99 but the container is not as nice. What makes your product wonderful is the long bottle and the lid makes it perfect to put on the side of my backpack or the car's cup holder, plus I'm able to close it off so it doesn't spill. The bottle's plastic is great, the main problem is the motor unit and the blade unit which are crap (sorry but it's the truth).

Please Breville make a v2 with premium materials, people (including me) will buy in a heartbeat if it lasts for many years. We're tired of crappy products that go in the bin and pollute the environment, just make something that lasts even if it costs extra.

Just an addition, I bought mine at my local Tesco Extra, the Breville website does not mention them as a reseller but they carry this item too.