on 10 September 2014
Quite simply does not work. I have tried with different apps to make sure that it wasn't a compatibility issue.
Bought to replace a WAHOO sensor. It links to the apps such as Strava etc... when in pairing mode. However when you go to actually perform a ride it just says connecting..... and NO data ever comes up on screen or after the ride.
Would not buy again as it simply doesn't work straight out of the box. I have a 4s for reference.
on 12 December 2013
great piece of kit to convert Iphone5 to bike computer. V easy to install with wahoo software. low batter usage and much cheaper than GPS / mapping computers
on 10 June 2015
This product is, as noted by others, unreliable. Prior to attaching this to my bike is linked it to my iPhone to ensure that the process both worked and was straight forward. On the kitchen table this worked ok not great but ok. However, once it was attached to the bike it refuses to link at all. Same phone same 60 beat unit. My Strava app cant see it nor can Cyclemeter or the Bluetooth sensor within the phone itself. As the magnets pass by the sensor there is a faint clicking sound as they register. however, it would appear that the auto on function doesn't work. In addition there is a rattling sound coming from the unit even though it hasn't been dropped or damaged. To add insult to injury I have missed my return date. This is made more annoying by the fact that I am currently serving overseas so am reliant on a slower mail service than if I was in the UK. Avoid this product there is a reason that it is cheap and it isn't because it is a bargain
on 22 March 2014
I bought this sensor for a charity event to count the cadence and speed. Absolutely no response from the sensor what so ever. I had to upgrade the app (cyclometer) by paying £2.99 as an additional cost in order to get device send data to my iPad. We even tried pairing this device with 3 other apps but it did not work as before.

I have spent a total a £50 on this product and all it did is added extra work for 5 members of staff in our company to pair it with many iOS devices. I reckon this cheap product has nothing inside it!!!

No customer care number to contact for any assistance and the address of the company says it's somewhere in USA which makes it even more difficult to reach.

I urge, if the retailer or manufacturer has some concern towards the consumer then please get take this useless device back. And my fellow buyers PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!!
Not very (or at all) reliable. It paired quickly with my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4), no problems there. The trick is to turn OFF any headsets / speakers and let the Heart Rate Monitor and Cadence sensor pair with the software (strava in my case) before turning on the headset. That explains why sometimes the HRM wouldn't work!
However in use, it periodically and completely randomly started doubling the cadence speed, then occasionally it would give 1.5x the cadence. what is the point of that?
Returning for a refund,, going to buy a better one.
on 4 December 2013
Product arrived on time it was as described and worked with my 5s effortless and flawless the magnet for the cadence sensor is very strong. No need to worry
on 31 March 2014
Fitted it to the bike and though it was very easy to fit, does not work. The speed sensor works, but only intermittently and cadence sensor does not work at all.
Removed from bike, repacked and returned.
Don't bother buying as it seems I'm not alone. The 60beat website is next to useless and has NO CONTACT details for the producer of this product. Clearly they are not confident in their products so I was dubious.
All that said the other 60beat product I have works fine. Let's see how long it lasts.
on 14 January 2015
Good unit - worked well and good value for the price.
I managed to wreck mine however as the small trailing sensor arm got caught up in my spokes when I rode over some twigs/ small broken branches on the cyclepathway, which bent the arm into my wheel spokes, which broke it.
I subsequently bought a Topeak Panobike Speed and Cadence Sensor which doesn't have a trailing arm and has been on my bike ever since.
on 31 May 2014
Easy to fit and works well with my iPhone 5 and the map my ride app.

Would have got 5 stars but a couple of the cable ties used to attach the sensor were so flimsy they snapped. Fortunately the sensor came with a couple of spares.
on 18 January 2014
I purchased this sensor to use with my Spinning bike. It was fairly easy to install - not as easy for on an ordinary bike, but not complicated.
Works perfectly but I'm still trying to find a good app to use with it.