5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite film!
This is my new favourite movie, it has a great storyline, a brilliant performance by all actors and lovely sentiment- I loved it!
Published 5 months ago by DebbieG

3.0 out of 5 stars Stuck Somewhere
This film had such promise, but then sunk in it's formulaic fashion. The film was so long, and got stuck in places, I had to fast forward at times. A great premise, as I said, but then...

Published 7 months ago by prisrob

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite film!, 2 Mar 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Stuck Somewhere, 12 Jan 2014
prisrob "pris," (New England USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Stuck In Love [DVD] (DVD)

Greg Kinnear plays a novelist, divorced but waiting for his ex-wife, played by Jennifeir Connolly to return. He has two children, Samantha, played by Lily Collins, a college student,who probably has the best bit of acting in this film, and Rusty, played by Nat Wolff, a high school student. Nat Wolff has a promising career ahead of him, fresh faced and winsome. Both children have been schooled to be writers as their dear old dad. Dad is very successful, and has the scraggly beard, sloppy look of a writer. Samantha is promiscuous and Nat is not. Dad is still waiting after three years for his ex-wife who has remarried to return.

The scenery is beautiful, the acting leaves much to be desired, and the ending clenched the dislike of this film. I could have written this script, but I would be a little more clever.

Not Recommended For Me. prisrob 01-11-14

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVD, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Stuck In Love [DVD] (DVD)
My daughter really enjoyed this DVD and she has watched it several time since we bought it about 2 months ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as `edgy' as it tries to be, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Stuck In Love [DVD] (DVD)
`Stick in Love' is a romantic comedy which desperately tries not to be. And, it succeeds to a degree. For a start... it's not that funny, so maybe we should refer to it as a `romantic drama.' However, what it really wants to be is `different' and `unconventional.'

The film-makers (probably like many viewers) have obviously had enough of the tired old `boy meets girl etc.' cliché and set about trying to make something different. I say again... they succeeded (to a degree).

They create a deliberately dysfunctional family, all of which have very jaded and bitter takes on `love.' The situations we meet them in all start off as refreshing as the film-makers probably hope they will be. It's not just the situations that are different, but it's the characters themselves that make it that way - and that's no bad thing.

However (and it's a big however), throughout the course of the story, all `different' aspects are ironed out in favour of turning it into the same old clichéd rom-com still without the `com' aspect though). So, what starts out as edgy and different, ends up feeling as generic as any other `boy meets girl' story.

Don't get me wrong... it's certainly not a bad film. All the actors play their parts well, so, if you like rom-coms (minus the `com') you'll probably love this. I enjoyed it; I was just enjoying it more when I thought it would be really different ALL the way though.

I'd like to give it a 3.5 out of 5, but I'm not allowed here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching for the fabulous cast alone., 23 April 2014
This review is from: Stuck In Love [DVD] (DVD)
As a fan of Jennifer Connellys since labyrinth I had to see her in a Jennifer Aniston free rom com. Also Greg Kinnear impresses as he always has. Logan Lerman is HOT and does a good job here. Nat Wolff is also extremely watchable and I'm a fan already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greg Kinnear and Lily Collins Star!, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Stuck In Love [DVD] (DVD)
This is a brilliant film with a great cast. Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connolley and Lily Collins et. al. It is a more of a drama than Crazy, Stupid, Love (starring Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore, Steve Carell), but the story is along the same lines but updated.

It is great to see Greg Kinnear again in another fantastic role. Remember him from As Good As It Gets. He plays a writer with two children who aspire and are pushed into the same field. Lily Collins, his daughter has one of her books published whilst his son is still at School seeking fame for his writings.

Greg is separated from his wife Jennifer Connolley although he still loves her. The film revolves around their relationship and that of his son and daughter (who is promiscuous).

It's a great film with great acting and a good reliable story. Recommend this as a keeper.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long and boring, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Stuck In Love [DVD] (DVD)
I am usually a fan of this type of film, but this one was too long and I found it very boring. I nearly turned it off a lot of times, will probably never watch it again. Whats happening with the sound on DVDs lately they are always so quiet and subtitles aren't available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this movie, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Stuck In Love [DVD] (DVD)
This Is my favourite DVD ever , I love the story and all my favourite actors are in it so yeah I'm really happy !

4.0 out of 5 stars Quietly Moving, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Stuck In Love [DVD] (DVD)
I'm surprised people are referring to this movie as a 'romantic comedy' - that's pretty misleading. This is solidly in the drama slot - albeit a story about (mature) love.

As with any well written drama, the writer (also the director in this film) risks alienating us from his main characters. At times, we really do wish the cheating ex husband would just give up trying to get his wife back and move on with his life. Even his kids want to tell him to give up. It's a grinding process and could so easily bore us, but Greg Kinnear's quiet persistence finally wins us over... and his ex, who has already started a new and seemingly fulfilling relationship? Watch to find out.

For another engaging story about love, this time in book form, check out The Internet Date

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Stuck In Love [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Thanks to Kristen Bell, I watched this because of her scenes and discovered a great story with excellent actors I didn't know. A great movie to watch when you got the blues.

Stuck In Love [Blu-ray]
Stuck In Love [Blu-ray] by Josh Boone (Blu-ray - 2013)
4.50