5.0 out of 5 stars excellent performer!!

Published 23 months ago by mr Hill

2.0 out of 5 stars see my latest review 26/06/2014
Published 22 months ago by steve

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent performer!!, 13 July 2013
This review is from: FUSION5 XTRA v3 Tablet PC - 10.1" Screen - QUAD-CORE - Android 4.1 JELLY BEAN - DUAL CAMERA - 16GB STORAGE - 2GB RAM - BLUETOOTH - Capacitive 5-Point Touch Screen - FASTER THAN Xtra v1 and v2 Tablet PCs

Bought this new version on the strength of the positive reviews for the V2 model and haven't been disappointed. All the qualities of the previous model are still present but with faster processing speed and increased memory. So far it does everything it says on the tin. All this for a fraction of the price of an Ipad! A great buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars see my latest review 26/06/2014, 16 July 2013
after trying 2 other different make tablets from other suppliers and having faults I sent them back and after deeper research I decided to get the Fusion V3 and as I have not had as much time as I want with it after 1 week it appears to be very good, sound is a bit on the low side from speakers, battery life at present is 5hrs but this should go up with useage, display is crisp and clear, the wireless connection took quite a while in the same room to connect first time around but seems OK now, will be the first to let you know if it goes wrong, delivery from the company was very good just a shame the Chinese cannot write proper English and get themselves a bigger printer when doing the so called manual as you need a magnifying glass
Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value and performance, 26 Aug. 2013
I bought this device as a replacement for a cheaper device bought about 13 months ago. The cheaper device had a very insensitive touch screen, a tendency to "lock-up", run slow and had a very poor battery life ( less than 2 hours).
None of the above apply to the Fusions Xtra v3. It is really quick to load, the touch screen is far more consistent and responsive, no lock-ups so far, fast responses within applications and a battery life of 5 hours. I cannot imagine anything better for the money. It seems to easily outperform a relatives I-Pad to me. A great buy, delivered faster than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile budget tablet, 22 Oct. 2013
At this price you aren't going to get the best screen or the best performance, but if you want that then look elsewhere, and spend twice the money. If you plump for the Fusion XTRA v3 then you get a reasonably specced tablet, with a reasonable screen and reasonable speed for a reasonable price. Worth sending the suppliers an email asking for a better manual,and they will send a pdf by return.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected, 14 Jan. 2014
M. Raspa - See all my reviews
I have had this tablet nearly a month, and i am slightly dissappointed, it is slow, it crashes regularly, the battery goes flat after an hour of constant use.not what i expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars All good., 27 July 2013
I bought this tablet instead of a nexus 10 and slightly regret doing so. The tablet is quick and everything works OK but I find the screen a little noisy by this I mean it is not as clear as my nexus 4 phone. I would still class this as an excellent tablet for the price range, I'm just after that next step up. Please don't be put off by my review as it does what it says on the box and is excellent value for money.
Quick update.
The more I used the tablet the happier I am with it. The overall quality and appearance of the item is really good and it has not let me down. To be fair to judge the screen resolution against a £320 nexus 10 is not a fair comparison, at the price range this is spot on. It has a very cool white rear case which I didn't expect.

1.0 out of 5 stars A tale of woe., 9 Mar. 2014
G. Rooke - See all my reviews
UPDATE: I have had this tablet a year now, so thought I it was worth providing an update. I have to say that my 1 star rating will have to stay the same. This tablet has been nothing short of a disaster, I have had to send it back to Fusion at least 6 times because it had broken down yet again. Each time Fusion were polite and "mostly" helpful and repaired the tablet and yet it would break down very quickly. The warranty has just ran out, and currently it does not read/recognize SD cards and will only boot up whilst connected to the mains. This tablet has spent more time broken than being used, so for that reason I cannot recommend this product or Fusion and am won't be using them in the future.

Before I start i think it is worth mentioning that I not generally negative about such things indeed I bought the kids a couple of tablets that were half the price of this one (I have submitted a review of them previously), and they have been fantastic.
My experience of this one has not been so great though. I initially ordered this as a Christmas present for my wife, when it first arrived the outer box was dented, I put this down to the fact that it came in a jiffy bag and was damaged in transit, but the box had no seal on it and the inner box was torn, not a big deal normally but this was just before Christmas surely the company must have realized that it might have been a present, no cables were in bags within the box either and the whole thing seemed like it was a return, pretty shabby really. I decided to gloss over this and accept that it would be fine (mistake).
I charged it up as per the instructions, put a couple of apps on it and put it away until Christmas. My wife was delighted with her present, but didn't get much chance to use until boxing day, on that evening I was using it when suddenly it failed to boot up, and got stuck on the boot screen, I tried everything I could to reset it but nothing worked. It had lasted less than 24 hours!
I e-mailed the seller but because of the Christmas hols there was a few days delay (no problem), who said that they would send out a sd boot card free of charge (great customer service). This took a couple of days to arrive, I followed the instructions that came with it but nothing changed and the tablet still would not work. So e-mailed the seller again to state that it had not made the slightest bit of difference. By now it was around new year and there was a couple of days delay in replying due to this (not begrudging any one a break over Christmas but it was a tad frustrating), any way company said send the product back to them so the could look at it, I did this at a cost of £12! They had the tablet about 2 weeks ( I had hoped that they would offer a refund but nothing came). My wife finally got her Christmas present about a month late, it did work and she could use it but there was a problem with free disk space, instead of showing up as around 12gb it was only showing as 5gb. I e-mailed the company 3 times to tell them the problem and each time they sent an in depth reply saying that the stated amount was correct?? I downloaded a storage app to have a look into the problem, I found all of my original apps (pre-breakdown) were hidden away but were not showing anywhere via the main android searches. It was if the firmware upgrade they had applied had been overlaid on top of the origingal. I deleted all my original apps and the storage space flew back up to 12gb. I was quite annoyed the company seemed to keep fobbing me off by stating the storage space was correct when it clearly wasn't.
Anyway ever since that time the tablet has been painfully slow whenever you turn it on, almost to the point it is unusable, most of the time it will take about 10-15 mins before you can do anything, otherwise you are met with just a blank screen. I think it may be because a lot of the files were duplicated with the firmware overlay, but I am reluctant to delete anything for fear of making it worse. I also don't want shell out another £12 to send it back. So I make do, my wife has long given up with it and gone back to her phone/laptop, so not a great present then. The most disappointing thing is that when it has finally kicked into life it is a good tablet, that handles all that is thrown at it. Just a shame that I rarely persevere long enough to witness it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying, 22 Jan. 2014
A. T. Robb "beginner" (UK) - See all my reviews
The tablet arrived as promised- worked from the box-no problems connecting to home internet and bluetooth speaker.
All the apps I wanted loaded without problems- I've tried iplayer works OK but I haven't run Skype yet.
Battery life suits my needs. SD memory cards loaded no problems.
The only slight problem is that when I connect the tablet to my laptop it detects it as a "media" player- but it works so I am not worried. I paid the extra had had this one as a replacement for the Fusion Compact that had a few problems.
I have no doubts that this is a very good product for the money backed up by first class service from the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 6 Dec. 2013
Bought as a Christmas present so have only tested product and loaded on a few apps and games, but so far very impressed. It runs things like BBC iplayer with sharp clear picture, and apps such as minecraft and temple run appear to work fine - although I have only preliminarily tried them.
Nice size and clear screen, lots of apps available via the app store etc.
Also works with a keyboard and mouse, and came packaged with the adapters for fitting accessories which have a full sized USB cable (the tablet has a mini usb slot).

SkyGo doesn't work on this tablet because it identifies it as a rooted tablet - but that is Sky issue that they really ought to resolve! Obviously worth remembering if that is one of the things you plan to use it for, not a big deal to us.

I spent a long time researching tablets before settling on this one and I'm happy with my decision. It seems to be better than even some of the more expensive 'named' brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second purches from Fusions5., 21 Nov. 2013
My first purches was the fusions5 premium 10.1, and it was great, best tablet for the money.....2 years on I wanted to upgrade so I checked out Fusions5 again to see what was new & I found this......this is the best tablet for the price by far....its super quick and easy to use, great touch screen magic graphics(runs 4K movies) amazing picture!!! Its all singing all dancing.....just the job.

Fusions5 delivery and customer service are really very good, any problem and they will put it right for you immediately with no fuss....I had my first fusions tab for 2 years and it never let me down, and this new one is just as good quality so well done Fusions5........I'm looking forward to my next upgrade in a year or two. Excellent. Happy Happy Happy!