4.0 out of 5 stars great recipes, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Mediterranean Cookbook: 120 Mediterranean Diet Recipes for Happy Family Meals (Mediterranean Diet, Mediterranean Recipes, Mediterranean Cookbook Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
All the recipes in this book are ones that I would make, there aren't many cookbooks out there I can say that about as many of them have recipes that need ingredients I can't afford to buy, or the dishes are too complex and time consuming to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mediterranean Cookbook: Cut The Risk of Heart Disease, 31 Aug. 2014
Thomas Baker (Santiago, Chile) - See all my reviews
This book's attractive cover caught my attention because it shows the kind of food I enjoy eating. Also, the Mediterranean Diet is widely known as a very healthy diet. The author points out that this diet can cut the risk of heart disease by 30%. As a middle aged man, this is important to me, even though I won't be converting my diet to a full Mediterranean diet anytime soon. So a cookbook with some of these recipes to prepare from time to time is a very good idea.

My wife and I have both made a few recipes out of the book that were good and not too difficult. We had no trouble preparing the dishes and I suspect most people who set out to genuinely use this book will have a similar experience. The main benefit of the book, like any cookbok or recipe book, is its curation of the recipes. In the preparation, most people usually modify and adapt the recipes to their own liking. At least, that's what my wife and I always do. In the end, we always make sure that the Chilean culinary culture is represented in our meals, even if that only means adding an excellent Chilean red wine to the table. I am pleased with this book and would recommend it to anyone who is genuinely interested in the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet.

Reviewed by Thomas Jerome Baker
Author of I Live In Chile

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 17 Nov. 2014
The recipes appear to be fairly easy, healthy and tasty. However, there are some odd things, for example, the claim that the diet almost never includes cured deli meats: where does the author think "Salami" comes from?

It is interesting that the original research came from decades ago and some, if not all, populations have moved away from the classic versions of the diet as they have become wealthier. It is also interesting that, despite common perceptions and this book, lard and butter used to used in cooking all over Italy and their replacement by olive oil is relatively recent. Olive oil used to be consumed on its own or as a dressing, primarily because it was not able to sustain the high temperatures of frying. I don't mean that you can ignore olive oil or go crazy with butter or lard. However, history suggests that they can be used in moderation, for example, in making a soffritto as the basis for soups and stews. In addition, while cakes and pastries are not a frequent part of the diet, they do exist and for French or Italian desserts butter or lard would usually be preferable to a strongly flavoured olive oil.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 9 Mar. 2014
I chose this book because my family had decided to start eat more real healthy food and trying the Mediterranean diet.
Just speaking for myself, this diet is the best! I lost 10 pounds the first two weeks and have a lot more energy.
The diversity of salads and low calorie soups in this cookbook is simply amazing. The ingredients are available at the local grocery store and the directions are simple and easy to follow. Everything is cooked with olive oil and seasoned with healthy herbs and spices. No processed ingredients, no heavy dressings... This book is a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 27 Feb. 2014
Amazon Customer (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Like the receipes in this e-book. I do use it particularly when we are in our Eriba caravan on the continent. I love cooking and we particularly love Mediterranean cuisine.

4.0 out of 5 stars a collection of quick recipies ideal for busy, 31 Oct. 2014
a collection of quick recipies ideal for busy people