4.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive collection of recipes
Rachel Allen is a well-known TV chef hailing from Dublin. She has released many recipe books throughout her career, and this most recent one is based around one of her shows, and is described on the cover as a collection of everyday simple meals.

Published 21 months ago by Mutherfudger.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars okay book
not much new, seen most of the recipes before, or similar.
could be there are far to many recipe books available, and recipes freely available on line.
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive collection of recipes, 17 Sept. 2013

My first impression was of a comprehensive collection of recipes, and unlike some books, there were a large number of them that caught my eye. Being someone who is quite a picky eater, this is a rarity.

Following the obligatory introduction, there is some instruction about preparing ahead, freezing, and making your own stock. Some useful tips in there, so don't skip it. The recipes themselves are broken into useful chapters such pizza, fish, and poultry etc.

The recipes are largely savoury, being only the final chapter that covers sweet things. As I have a sweet tooth, I would have liked to have seen a few more dessert recipes, but Rachel has dedicated whole books to this topic, so I am not too disappointed. My favourite recipes were Easy Arancini, Caramelised Onion and Rosemary Bread, and Slow Roasted Pork Belly.

There are plenty of delightful photos, all of which seem to have a summery tone, saturated with colours and light. There were only a few recipes that didn't appear to have a picture. For me, a recipe book that is light on pictures is a deal breaker.

The cover describes the recipes within as simple. While I wouldn't say this book would suit a complete novice, anyone with some experience will easily follow the straight forward instructions.

Overall, it is a good collection of recipes, but I must be honest and say that some of the ingredients, I have a hard time believing could be considered `everyday'. Some of the ingredients such as saffron or clams, are decidedly not everyday in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, 19 Sept. 2013
I bought this book because I owned every Rachel Allen cookery book and watch her shows regularly.I love her recipes.she includes variety of recipes from all over the world.Everyday kitchen has lots of good recipes I marked at least 30 to try.I cook from Rachel,s other books almost every day.the reason I gave it 4 stars is because I don,t find the ideas and tips for freezing or meal planning new and inspirational .any home cook who is cooking for years uses them unconsciously . I think biggeners will find them informative.Rachel's home cooking has more and better tips than this book.for those people who like pictures of finished food this book has photos of almost every recipe and very few Rachel,s and her family's pictures.there would be hardly 4,5 pictures of her and her family. This book is split into 9 chapters.
1.pizza and bread
6.ham and pork
7.pulses,grains and pasta
8.vegetables
9.sweet things
In introduction she is telling us about1. meal planning2.,cooking ahead and in batches,3.storing and freezing,4.one meal turned into many for example Sunday chicken roast left over can be turned into a casserole .or the carcass can be turned into a stock.there are very few lunch box ideas as well.there are some home made stock receipts as well .each recipe has symbols for variation,prep ahead and storage,serves more less and left overs.
Some of the recipes are following.
Pinwheels,pesto,tapenade,potato pizza,tomato pizza,flat bread with bean dip,lamb pizza ,cheesy chorizo dough balls,white yeast bread,three cheese bread,smoked salmon asparagus risotto ,easy arancini,potato smoked salmon dill tart,fish curry,smoked mackerel tart,cherimoya fish tagine,smoked haddock pie,fish gratin next day you can make fish cakes from the leftover gratin.prawn bisque,prawn and asparagus spaghetti.roast chicken, chicken and. Ham pie with potato topping,spat chock chicken,roast chicken pieces,Spanish chicken,some duck recipes.frittatta, bread gratin,cheese tomatoe tart.meatballs pasta,pasta with ragu sauce,classic lasagne,enchiladas,steak fajitas,lamb kofta tagine,slow rost lamb,pull lamb baps ,pearl barley and lamb broth ,shepherd pie ,quinoa salad, golden couscous ,broad beans and courgette pasta, pilaff rice ,red lentil soup,mashed potatoes ,sesame pakchoi ,bubble and squeak ,panzanella ,broccoli orzo salad ,cheesy kale bake,stuffed butternut squash,crispy swede bake butternut squash soup ,roasted butternut squash,summer vegetables with tarragon ,root veg gratin.some ham recepies.
Some ingredients are a bit expensive.
In sweet section there are
Summer fruit compote Summer fruit jelly. Orange swirl loaf. Pancakes with orange butter. Bread and butter pudding plum pie. Frangipane. Upside down cake. Butterscotch apple pudding. Quick millionaire shortbread.
Double choc chip cookies. Choc cookies and cream cheese cake Swedish cookies. Apple custard tart. French toast. Meringue iced meringue cake etc..
This book has very good recipes .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great everyday cookbook, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Rachel's Everyday Kitchen: Simple, delicious family food (Kindle Edition)
Most of the ingredients are already at home. Love the apple and butterscotch pudding. Easy to follow recipes. Great for last minute ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, 14 Oct. 2013
Richard Fennell (New Ross, Republic of Ireland) - See all my reviews
It is refreshing to get a cook book where all the ingredients are easily available and then simple to cook them into lovely dishes

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 17 Nov. 2013
This book is wonderful, very easy recipes with very helpful tips about making ahead and freezing instructions. Everything a busy cook needs. I would recommend it for the beginner and the experienced cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some lovely recipes, 14 Nov. 2013
Angie T.D. (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I am a fan of Rachels having enjoyed watching a few of her cookery shows, and I was delighted to see this book on offer at only 49p,I see its already gone back up in price so I definately had a result.I've read the book, and I'm now at the stage where I'm writing out the recipes that I want to try, I'm going to start with the recipe for enchiladas with lime chive cream, I'm a vegetarian but will simply use quorn instead of meat.I can adapt quite a few of these recipes and there are some vegetarian ones as well, I'm also going to adapt a pasta recipe and I think I'm going to have some fun and have a few more dishes to add to my collection,I think there are about 6 recipes that I will try, and for me thats very good, often out of a whole cookbook I might only end up with 2 or 3 recipes that I like the look of,better get in the kitchen I think!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everday practical and inspirational!, 27 Nov. 2013
I am really pleased with Rachel's new book. Tried several recipies now and they have all been really good, I will be trying more very soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow - a bit different, 27 Nov. 2013
Very suitable for small or large familes. I would recommend it to my grand-daughter as well as my own friends

4.0 out of 5 stars my favourite so far is the beetroot, 26 Nov. 2013
Lots of lovely ideas and recipes for all the family, my favourite so far is the beetroot, sweet potato & lentil salad!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 26 Nov. 2013
S. Collins (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I love Rachel's recipies. Have been working through them and they all taste delicious. Bargain as well as this cost me 49p for the Kindle.