on 29 June 2013
This case is a work of art, as well as a very firm and protective case for the iPad mini. My Pad had a protective back cover on it, and still sits fine within the velcro-adjustable red corner pieces. I can't promise (perhaps someone else can) that a smart cover would fit but I don't see why not: there's not a squeeze as far as thickness inside goes. If I could have perfection, it would be to have access to different coloured corner pieces (although the red looks fine really); and if there were a different colour of cover I would buy another probably! I love it.
on 28 December 2013
The ipad is not secure in the case at all, it falls out of the red Velcro corners pretty easily so you need to take great care when you open the case at risk of it falling out. It is important for buyers to know that it is absolutely not a case for every day use that can hold and protect your ipad whilst you use it...I have just had to order another case for that purpose - but I suppose it is sold as a 'carry case'. Excellent for carrying the ipad around and protecting it in that sense (apart from the ipad falling out unless you open the case flat) But that's about it. Quality wise - the Velcro has started to come away on one of the red corners (taken off and replaced only a hand full of times to try and secure the ipad) and one of the zips has pulled off already when I was closing it. Not that impressive at all really. Quick delivery though! Thanks to the seller for that!
on 7 November 2013
I have just received my case and find that it is a strong and sturdy case, I have given four stars because the red corners in the case do not hold my iPad in place. If I open the case the 'wrong' way the iPad falls out of the corners, I have tried adjusting them but there is no grip on them i.e I would have thought there would have been some sort of 'ledge' which once the iPad is inserted would sit atop of the corners which would stop the iPad from falling out, but there is not. I am keeping the case as I needed one that would also fit my logitech mini keyboard, which I use with my iPad and they both fit perfectly inside this case, both with and without the corners.
on 9 April 2014
AMAZING! Protects my iPad mini retina nicely, even with my One Piece case! It could have better corners to keep the iPad in the.... Almost broke my iPad last night which motivated me to type this..
Do NOT buy unless you are aware of the falling risk... But do buy if you want a case to protect your ipad-when zipped up!
on 31 October 2013
This is the second Tabi hard case I've purchased. These cases are well made, light, offer good protection and are good value. Used these on a road trip around the US recently and no issues. recommended.
on 21 January 2014
as described but the Velcro wasn't secure kept pulling away with the iPad messaged them all sorted fantastic service :)
on 1 October 2014
Didn't hold ipad securely.
on 10 November 2015