on 29 October 2013
I use my caravan most weeks even in the winter so I was looking for a low power but bright light I could fix to a pole outside the van this is perfect. The PIR range is at least 20ft and the light is very bright. Don't think its LED so it wont be upto much! This new type are excellent and nothing like the older solar type that are available. If you get one you wont be disapointed. It is so good I'm seriously considering changing my Halogen PIR lights at home.
on 3 February 2014
Easy to fit, and works well. Only criticism I have is that the mains lead is very short, and rather than dismantling the housing to rewire it, I fitted an in line waterproof connector to reach my existing wiring (It was replacing a dead PIR lamp). Another six inches would make all the difference.
on 6 February 2014
I ordered this light, expecting it to be of an average quality, was I wrong. This security light is of an excellent quality and well built (no compromise ) very easy to install and set. Best light ever. I am going to buy another two. You have got my recommendation.
on 23 May 2014
This is basically a good product, but it's very awkward to install if you want to connect it directly to an existing cable. Making the connections involves removing the back of the light, unlike the usual arrangement where the wiring is exposed by removing a plate. It's then very fiddly to get the cable under the cable clamp and put it all back together. I strongly recommend budgeting for an external-quality connector and using that to connect the short cable it comes pre-fitted with to your existing wiring. However, once it's installed it works very well, and has a sensitivity control as well as the usual time and darkness settings.
on 25 June 2014
I have received these light nicely packed. I have made the instalation on the week end. As other buyes have mentioned I have bought the outdoor connectors from DIY superstore. connecters are expensive but do the good job. Only one star I have deducted becuase I had one light in the past which had more light than these LED two lights. I will say if the light is less I will save the money on electricity use.
on 7 November 2013
Arrived promptly which I liked.
Bright enough for what I want it ti do.
Very economical to run & should last years.
on 25 March 2014
I was dubious about how good this would be, however, once I got it wired up, it was very impressive and bright. I replaced a 50w halogen, and this seems a lot brighter. Unit is well made, the powder coat is a bit flakey, and the flex is a bit too short. Otherwise its a great unit.
on 6 February 2014
Arrived very fast. Instructions were easy to follow and I had it up and working in no time.
Light is v bright and just what was required.
on 18 January 2014
Led light with sufficient power. Quality construction and design. Exactly what I was looking for. Would recommend this light to others.
on 19 December 2015
Well made and sturdy compared with some I've had in the past.
Excellent light output and coverage.
The Sensitivity setting took some time to get right after a lot of problem with wind setting it off.
Only gripe is the very short cable already fitted which means I had to go buy a waterproof connection box. I would have preferred to wire it up myself.
Good product though.