5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be doing the job
After my current chair started to give me some problems with my back, I decided to get a cushion instead of replacing the entire chair. Having seen so many different options, I decided on the Freedom Wedge based on the positive feedback's left behind.

Published 14 months ago by Will. T

3.0 out of 5 stars Received very quickly.
Very firm! Prefer to use at work on my office chair, as like many office workers sit in the same position for long hours, improves your posture therefore does as it says helps back pain.
Published 18 months ago by kazzer

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be doing the job, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Medipaq® Freedom Wedge Cushion - Great for Coccyx Relief, Lumbar Support, Back Pain in the Car or at Home (Jet Black 3-D Mesh) (Personal Care)

Item was delivered quickly and before the estimated dates, no excessive packaging, just a blue outer wrapper with the address attached, I guess you can't really dent a cushion.

I did pick up on a previous comment about the size of the wedge and mine is 41cm wide rather than the 44cm as advertised, though this doesn't really bother me too much as it sits rather well in my chair. All the other stats were precise (length and height).

Secondly, am I the only one to notice the smell from the foam? I have a memory foam pillow that also smelled, but after airing it out for the day, it disappeared. Tried to do the same with this cushion, but for a week, yet the smell is there. I washed the cover and the smell from the cover was removed easily, but upon putting it back on the cushion, you can smell it again. It is rather strong, and sometimes I stop using the cushion altogether. Spraying Febreze does nothing but cover up the smell for a short while, then it comes back again, so much for eliminating odors.

When I can ignore the smell for while, I find the cushion supportive in the right places and I can concentrate on my tasks at hand.

I can say that I have noticed a reduction in pain in my back, and that's after using it for a week on average 6-8 hours a day.

It does seem to hold it's shape rather well after a long day of sitting on it, only time will tell if it'll hold after 3-6 months worth of use.

I opted for the "3D" black breathable mesh cover as it resembled the covering of my chair, it's soft and washes out really well.

The coccyx cut out was big enough for me, and I found myself sitting more upright rather than slouched over.

All in all a great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars and particularly had problems with something that felt like the nerve in my lower back being 'nipped' as ..., 5 Aug. 2014
Recently received an injury that resulted in a slipped disc, and this caused a lot! of sciatic pain, and strange sensation in my leg. Sitting down on chairs caused problems, particularly if the chairs were 'firm', and particularly had problems with something that felt like the nerve in my lower back being 'nipped' as I tried to straighten up after sitting down. Using this has definitely reduced unusual sensations in my leg, and reduced instances of 'nipping'.

Foam in the wedge is shaped and appears robust after a few days of use (I'm 95kg). Case is removeable and washable. Wedge is relatively thin compared with alternatives, and this has made this particular wedge suitable for use in the car, whereas the thicker ones are problematic due to my height and having my head too close to the ceiling. Good for use on office chair, but I prefer my thicker foam cushion if on a bench or hard seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ease those worries away!, 18 Nov. 2013
I've had a niggling/irritating lower (lumbar) back pain for a few months and found that when sitting for long periods such as driving/at the computer etc, that it exaggerated the issue. Initially I bought a lumbar roll and self help book, but found the lumbar roll wasn't a great help and not all of the exercises in the book were comfortable to perform. (Mckenzie roll and book). I'm not saying that they weren't any good, just that in my situation the results were minimal. I've been seeing an osteopath for for a few months and he suggested a wedge cushion. Having read many reviews and looked at many products, I settled on this one.
Personally speaking I have found it very comfortable, easy to use and carry around. It fits nicely on my car seat and in my home. I've actually ordered a second one as I'm always having to take it to and from the car to my house, so it makes more sense to have one permanently in both locations. It hasn't cured my complaint, not that i see that as it's purpose, but it certainly has alleviated it when sitting and I'm convinced it is playing a vital role in helping to resolve it. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars A absolute winner!, 18 Sept. 2013
This has been an absolute winner for my mother in her 80's who found long journeys a real pain - literally! I bought this for her tongue in cheek but not only has it worked excellently in car journeys but she travelled on a plane a few weeks ago and absolutely no complaint! Would thoroughly recommend to anyone with lower back/coccyx issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 9 July 2013
This cushion has given me more comfort when sitting in chairs and the car, the shape is unique, there is not so much of a wedge as others and softer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cushion, 21 Jun. 2013
This cushion is very good if you have hip and lower back pain. I have found it relives the pressure on long journeys and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars saw this on amazon and read the reviews which were good. Ordered the Cushion and the seller supplied it ..., 1 Aug. 2014
I was in Agony after something snapped in my lower back while i was leaning against a raised padded platform and i later discovered i could not sit down. The doctors said the muscles supporting the coccyx had a and were inflamed..i needed to get something to take the pressure off it, saw this on amazon and read the reviews which were good. Ordered the Cushion and the seller supplied it very quickly. I was finally able to sit without wincing with pain.

It is made of gel and provides good support to the back without putting pressure on the coccyx. Definitely recommended for people with lower back issues.

3.0 out of 5 stars Received very quickly., 28 Sept. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent construction but hasn't worked as well as I'd hoped ..., 5 Nov. 2014
Decent construction but hasn't worked as well as I'd hoped, it elevates me to high in my car and it makes you fall from side to side going around corners, I feel as if I'm perched on something narrow, its an odd feeling. It also pushed me to far forward when using on a normal office chair when using PC and puts to much weight on wrists.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsuitable for me, 7 Jun. 2014
C. Jones "moptopmania77" (Wolverhampton, West Midlands) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately it did not offer any respite from my tailbone pain, as I never felt comfortable on it, perhaps due to my small frame. Reasonably well made and has kept it's shape so far.