4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this one!
Take A Chance is the first part of Grant Carter story. Grant had always been a nice guy I like him when I first met him in Fallen Too Far, and when Blaire pulled that damn gun on him when she first came to town, and the way he was there for her when she needed someone. He’s a good friend/ stepbrother to Rush, his only fault is his weakness for Nan.

Harlow...
Published 8 months ago by Derna Fearon

3.0 out of 5 stars okishhhhh...maybe spoliers
This book is different than what I exspected to be honest I found half of it annoying at times and just wanted to give up reading it. I found Harlow to be so sweet but a doormat. The only bit I enjoyed was the ending and the cliff hanger left me wanting to see what happens next.

Spoilers...

Grant was a let down to me his character was weak and...
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this one!, 7 Sept. 2014

Harlow Manning is caring, shy, and very innocent, mainly because her father has kept her out of the limelight for most of her life, but at the same time she independent, and a fighter. For understandable reasons, she keeps her hearts guarded. Harlow is the first girl that has made Grant feel and want more than just a fling.

“Harlow lit up the room when she walked into it. There was a peacefulness about her that was hard to explain”

Grant wants more, but Harlow is not too keen because of his history with Nan. Grant knows that Harlow is the girl for him, that his fling with Nan was a big mistake, and will do all he can to prove it to her. However, with both having secrets, insecurities, fears and issues it means that the first part of their story is not plain sailing.

“I can’t love someone so completely that they hold my heart in their hands. I’m not that strong. I’ve had bad experiences with that kind of trust”

“Grant was on the other side of the line that I wasn’t going to cross”

I like Grant and Harlow they had had great chemistry together, in and out of the bedroom ;) but both were frustrating at times, especially Grant. So many times I want to knock some sense into him. I did like the way Grant was with Harlow, he knew she was innocent, and he took things slow. Harlow is just the girl Grant needed to take his attention away from that psychopath bitch Nan #Nanhater

“You could never be forgettable. You’ve claimed me in more ways than Nan never did. Nothing about you, Harlow…nothing is forgettable”

The usual suspects from Rosemary Beach were there also, and a few new ones they all woven neatly into the story. Dean and Kiro are great in a crazy sort of way. You know that deep down that mean well. Harlow was Kiro world, and his story was heartbreaking, and I’m excited that he will be getting a novella. I’m looking forward to reading it.

Overall, I enjoyed Take A Chance, it had the angst, drama, twists, steaminess and humor that I like and expect from an Abbi Glines book. The end left me wanting more, but having part two of their story on my kindle means I can dive right into it, and I can’t wait to start.

3.0 out of 5 stars okishhhhh...maybe spoliers, 25 Feb. 2014

Spoilers...

Grant was a let down to me his character was weak and immature and not loveable him sleeping with nan again was euggh and how easy Harlow let that go was weird I mean whether her and nan are best sisters or not he still slept with her sister multiple times and then I think what really put me off him completely was when he had sex with two women the next morning has a pep talk from rush and realizes his feelings for Harlow and he wants her and then has sex with harlow the same day! I think it was really sleazy and Harlow deserved so much better and through the rest of the book he did nothing to redeem himself for me and I don't think he deserved Harlow.
I do hope the next book is so much better and were not constantly reminded of his sexcapades with nan that got so annoying everyone constantly reminding Harlow. I do hope grant becomes redeemable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 1 of 2, 19 Dec. 2014
In My Honest Opinion (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Take a Chance (Kindle Edition)
Abbie Glines has just released a free book about Harlow's parents which I started to read but then became intrigued about this book. I have read a few of this authors books and enjoyed most of them but once she started dragging the story out into 2, sometimes 3, sometimes 4 books, I gave up on her. It's interesting to read the negative reviews on this book and I think if I had read it on release I would have felt exactly the same but I have just read both books in one go and I think that makes a big difference to how you feel about the storyline and it just shows that if the author would write a one off story instead of dragging it out then she may just avoid all the negative reviews from readers who are not happy.

I had previously only read the first two books in this series but that set up the cast of characters so I remembered Grant from book one and I liked him in that. In this book, we learn that he is afraid to love. He doesn't think he could cope with losing the love of his life but then he falls for Harlow. Harlow is holding something back from Grant and when he finds out, he's upset she didn't tell him and then the book ends...well I'm glad I've waited and the next book was available for me to read straightaway..

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED this book!, 15 Sept. 2014
LOVED IT!!!!
I just have to say how much I love Abbi Glines books to start with.. it is like one of my safe placed reading hang outs and I have to say I was yet again NOT disappointed!
I have been waiting for grants book since book 1 as you just instantly connected with hi the moment he helped Blaire out and was so lovely to her when she came to Rosemary.. This book was a great eye opener into how his mind works and the kind of person he wants to be as opposed to who he is being. We had already met Harlow and again you knew she was going to be a complete sweety who again just would not fit in with the world of the spoilt rich kids..
I had geared myself up to get the rage with Nan I had in the previous books and it has to be said she did not disappoint.. every now and then I found myself thinking @this girl just needs a cuddle' and then within less than a minute I am thinking 'this b*tch needs a punch in the chops' and I love that in a book!!
So all in all this was another winner for me and all that is left to say is "I NEED THE NEXT BOOK NOW!!!!!!"

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best from Abbi Glines, but still enjoyable, 21 April 2014
When Harlow’s father goes on tour with his rock band, he insists she goes to live with her half-sister, Nan, in Rosemary Beach. There’s just one problem. Nan hates her, and isn;t shy in letting Harlow know it. And after her first night in Rosemary, Harlow discovers the guy she gave her virginity to has spent the night with Nan.

Grant wishes he had never gotten involved with Nan. He had known she was poisonous, but underneath it all he truly thought he could be the one to redeem her. Unfortunately he was just the latest in a long line of men Nan uses to her own advantage. So when Grant met Harlow and saw what a woman really looks and acts like, he is desperate to rid himself of Nan and show Harlow he can be the kind of guy she can depend on.

Harlow wants nothing more than to believe in Grant. But after he disappeared after their night together, she has little reason to believe he’s changed. But Grant is determined, and Harlow is hopeful.

To be perfectly honest, I was a tiny bit apprehensive going into this book. I’ve been a huge Abbi Glines fan for ages, but after the two Perfection books, I was starting to lose faith in her. But hurray! Here we have a new series set in the sunny coastal town of Rosemary and two characters I don’t want to knock their heads together.

I’ve liked Grant since we first met him in Fallen Too Far, and that guy who filled up Blaire’s gas tank is still trying to be the good guy and fix anything broken. But unfortunately for Grant, he decided he could fix Nan when I doubt any such thing is possible. Grant sets himself up to be, to be honest, the guy we hate as a romantic lead. But redeem himself he does, and Harlow is a beautiful character to reach down and give him the hand up he needs.

I’m honestly looking forward to Grant and Harlow’s next book. And whatever Abbi may come out with next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking novel by Abbi, 11 Mar. 2014
Sizzling hot and completely addictive, Take a Chance is another spectacular read from Abbi Glines!

Harlow has always lead a quiet life. Her famous rock star Dad has always keep her out of the spotlight and Harlow has more experienced more than once that people are happy to use her to get to her dad. So she is happy to lock herself away from everyone. That is until the moment she meets Grant. Grant tries to break down Harlow’s walls, however, how can Harlow trust any guy that chooses to have a relationship with her horrible half-sister Nan?

Grant has always had a thing for Harlow – but it’s not until she lets him in that he really starts to see the person she is….and he discovers he needs her in any way possible. He realises his relationship with Nan was nothing but trouble, but after making many mistakes, how can he get Harlow to trust him again? Can these two overcome all their obstacles and find some happiness together?

I think I’ve said before that Abbi Glines is my go-to-author no matter what she writes, she writes damn good – admittedly they can be a little rushed – but still, after finishing one of her books, I find I’m craving for more because they are still completely awesome. Take a Chance left me wanting more. I’ve been excited about it ever since I first heard we would be getting Grant’s story and well, it didn’t disappoint! It’s freaking hot! It’s smouldering! It’s sexy! It’s everything! I honestly believe it’s impossible not to like a book written by Abbi.

Grant and Harlow’s story wasn’t easy. I’d heard before reading that Grant was a bit of a douche bag, and while I don’t agree with some of his choices at time, I don’t think we can completely blame him for all the problems. There were factors that went in Grant’s defence like Kiro: Harlow’s Dad, not passing on his messages to Harlow, leading her to believe that Harlow wanted nothing to do with him. Poor Grant thought Harlow wasn’t interest. Should we be surprised he’d go looking for comfort elsewhere to try and mend his broken heart - even if that is into Nan's vile arms? Now like before, I’m not saying I agree with his choices but he is a guy – what else do you expect? So no, I don’t think Grant was completely to blame for all the problems. I actually loved Grant when he was with Harlow. Before we’ve always seen him in the eyes of another character, but now we have his story, we can finally get to know the real him. And even with his insecurities and the need to protect himself, I still loved him. It's pretty hard not too.

Harlow, I loved her too. She grew throughout the story and slowly started to become a more open person. Grant seemed to be able to bring her out of her shell, she felt stronger by just knowing he was there for her. She's had to deal with a lot throughout her life and unfortunately, there are a few more twists for her, and I did feel sorry for her because it did become never ending through out Take a Chance and I'm guessing there is more to come.

I actually really enjoyed the plot of the story. I felt there were some good twists that I didn’t really expect. I was very glad to find out how that Nan didn’t really get of the limelight. I was worried she would spoil the whole story, and to be honest, she wasn’t that bad, or so far. And was it me or was the heat turned up in this? The sex scenes were freaking intense and.......that’s all I’m saying about that. ;)

In all, another cracking novel from Abbi Glines and I can’t wait for more!

Thank to you Simon and Schuster for the opportunity to review this book in exchange for an honest review.

3.0 out of 5 stars So expensive, 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Take a Chance (Kindle Edition)
I had to buy this book as I already loved Harlow and grant and couldn't wait to find out what happens with them. having read about rush and Blaire I was hooked although I begrudge paying abbies high prices being a loyal reader doesn't get you anywhere apart from hooked then subjected to inflated prices to finish the story that she keeps dragging out with more and more characters. I now avoid abbie glines books and series because of the price I will buy the next book although I really don't expect to spend £5 to read a depressing book if she dies..

4.0 out of 5 stars Grant and Harlow's story- with more Nan!, 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Take a Chance (Kindle Edition)
Must say I was hoping for Grant to be a more stand up guy and he disappointed me in this. From previous book he had a good heart and mind but in this book, having already a 'history' with the innocent Harlow he sleeps with Nan and others only weeks after leaving Harlow. Bit weak if you ask me. Otherwise I did enjoy this story and just hope he grows up in the next book as really like their characters and the storyline. Even Kiro the Rockstar has taken a different aspect in this book - more to come for him.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Take a Chance (Kindle Edition)
I love all abbi glines books. And they usually all get 5 stars.
This one gets a 2 but only because it looks like an amazing start to what should be a full book. It gets amazing and gripping toward the end, then just ends. In hindsight I wish I'd have waited for the 2nd book of this series before I'd read this book, I have to wait till September now to find out the rest of the story. This book IMO is an extremely long introduction to the series and for £3.99 I expected a full story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Take a Chance (Kindle Edition)
Take a chance is about Grant Carter and Harlow Manning. Harlow is Kiro Manning, rock star from Slacker Demon's daughter. She has always been hidden from the limelight and gets on quite well with her dad. She doesn't get on with her sister Nan and her dad thinks it's great to have Harlow stay in his house with Nan while he's on tour.

Grant has been involved with Nan before but she is a nasty piece of work. There is chemistry between Harlow and Grant but Grant made a mistake when he's close friend died. He went back to Nan after getting completely drunk and Harlow finds it hard to trust him again after what he did but he determined to make her his.

I'm a big fan of Abbi Glines and i loved this book so much! I really love all the characters and i love that the is so close and always there for each other. I love Blaire and Rush's story and i really like that they appear in Take a Chance. Can not wait to read One More Chance as a big secret that Harlow has been keeping is revealed and turns everything upside down. I want to see what is in store next for Grant and Harlow.

Take a Chance