5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to research methods
Published on 18 Dec. 2003 by Martin Holborn

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for the visually impaired student.
Published 5 months ago by Miss Freya E. Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to research methods, 18 Dec. 2003
Martin Holborn (Preston, Lancs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is the best, and most comprehensive guide to social science research methods currently available. It is extremely clear with plenty of examples and a user-friendly layout. It is very up-to-date and well written. The author is an established expert on methodology who has made important original contributions to the development of research methods. For most purposes, the only book you need on social research.
Martin Holborn

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 13 Jun. 2005
mjpip91 (Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've almost read all the research texts so far, and this is the best book in the feild of social/business research, especially for postgraduate students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book on Social Methods, 28 Dec. 2012
I bought the book to study for a social methods assessment day and although very long (700 plus pages) it really helped me to revise and to learn about new concepts and methods. I have only used a small number of research methods textbooks but I woud highly recommend this one especially for what you get as well as the case studies which are used throughout to illustrate concepts and research methods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Social Research Methods, 10 Sept. 2012
This masterpiece by Alan Bryman is a must read for researchers in the social science domain. I needed a proper guide to understanding research parameters in the Social Sciences and this book has provided me a very easy-to-understand read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have., 22 May 2013
I bought this book in the hopes that it would help me with my degree (Currently a student in Criminology) and this book has been an absolute lifesaver.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you study criminology, sociology or cultural studies, YOU NEED THIS BOOK, 18 Jan. 2014
It was recommended reading, so I decided to buy it jointly with my boyfriend. It has been so useful, and thats without even using all the online resources it comes with! It's laid out very clearly, and has sections for both qualitative and quantitative research. Don't start a dissertation without one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 31 May 2013
R. Jenkins (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This book got me through my degree.

An excellent book to dip into for various research methods, with plenty of examples and further reading. I bought this book originally for a research methods module taken at university, but found it useful across many assignments and my dissertation. A must-have for students of the social sciences.

Although this edition has been superseded, I found no problems with out-of-date content. It was thorough, easy to use, and well-written.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for the visually impaired student., 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Social Research Methods (Kindle Edition)
This is a key text required by a couple of my classes at university and I believe the content is very useful so I'm disappointed in the way the kindle version has been designed. I rely on kindle books as I am partially sighted and need to enlarge the text - this only offers the chance to zoom in on areas rather than simply increase the text of a page meaning I couldn't really get the text to a size I could read comfortably. Due to the format of text boxes going across the page as well as columns up and down it becomes very confusing and difficult to navigate on a screen. The massive size of the book seems to be why it is not available to view on kindle cloud reader app - which is the only kindle app that works on a chromebook.

I returned it and will have to rely on a paper copy and a handheld magnifier. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Social Research Methods- Alan Bryman, 6 Mar. 2013
I found the Alan Bryman book had colour coded pages with highlighted headings making it very easy to pick out what you are looking for as well as highlighed tips on how to do social research. It was clear and concise and easy to understand. I would reccommend this book to anyone studying social research as a "Must" as you can find everything you are likely to cover on your course

5.0 out of 5 stars The utopia of social research books, 1 Jun. 2012
I'm a university students studying sociology and wanted a book which explained the ins and outs of research methods, and this certainly did!

The content is thorough and very understandable, and it also has a great section explaining what all the terms mean which are great to reference!

Social Research Methods