4.0 out of 5 stars Hidden limitation
The first impression was a big disappointment due to lack of power and clarity of the sound.
It's 1000w so it should be loud.
This system is pre programmed to offer you only HALF of output power! That may explain negative feedback from Igor.

Published 10 months ago by MRS K M SEGA-FAJECKA

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad
The worst home cinema there is. Bought this as upgrade to my pioneer 313. Rather it's a downgrade. The sound is pathetic. 1000w feels like 500w. Built is so cheap. Remote volume buttons are not placed and sized right so are other often used buttons. No wifi.
I'm returning it.
Published 11 months ago by Victor

4.0 out of 5 stars Hidden limitation, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pioneer MCS-333 5.1 Channel Media Centre System with Satellite Speaker (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
It's 1000w so it should be loud.

To turn it on go to home menu, select initial setup, audio output, then go to speaker setup and TRIM power of each speaker. Refer to page 55 of your guide.

After that adjustment enjoy the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit and good price BUT I've got problems, 17 May 2014
Slaphead52 (Gillingham Kent England) - See all my reviews
Don't believe any negative comments this kit is superb easy to set up and gives a real 1000w output IF you set it up properly it is preset at 500w until you trim the speakers then move the ornaments off the shelf or you will blow them off !!!!!!!! We'll I thought it was great till it started to play up it cuts out for 2 seconds when the fridges in my house start up and shut down and Pioneer don't seem to be able to help I've contacted them THREE times now once on the phone twice by E mail come on guys get back to me with a SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, 9 April 2014
Never dissapointed with pioneer, as exspected products crisp clear sound. Brought this to go in my room but when i start watching a film or listening to music you can feel aswell hear it thro out the house,the bass is amazing on this really powerful. Playing CoD is amazing thro this makes it sound like im in a battle field feeling the explotions.Highly reccoment you get this for your home its well worth its weight in gold

5.0 out of 5 stars a great pioneer media centre system great sound to !, 7 Jan 2014
I wanted an "all-in-one" and well I'm so glad that I purchased this. From DJing I know how big a name Pioneer are for sound and when I play my music and movies through this it really does just blow your mind how good it is. It's so simple to set up, you literally plug in what you want, go to the source menu and click which input you want, its THAT simple !

For music I've had this thing turned up full blast to test it and oh my god, it sounds like im in a club standing next to speakers, the bass I can still feel when i'm upstairs, absolutely amazing.

this pioneer media centre system great out puts hdmi blue ray dvds normal dvds mp3 cds normal cd fm radio to u put hard drive in to it or USB memory stick, to u put Microphones in it to u could plug in a karaoke in to it u can plug u tv or ps3 or ps4 or sky hd or cabel and internet into this pioneer media centre system and listen u tv or music or dvd or you tube or radio or usb or hard drive with the surround sound of it or 3d sound and a bass boost these speckers are wee with a great out put on them and the sound of them is great to and good bass of them and powerful to it a 1000 watts All in all, beautiful peice of kit, really worth the money and if you're into having little get together's with friends with music this thing will not let you down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and easy setup, 4 April 2014
Looks stylish, plenty of cable to fit the speakers in the right places, great picture quality from the BluRay player and has provided some great movie nights. Pioneer are a DJ industry standard and they live up to their reputation with home theater as well. Would recommend.

Only one little niggle I have is it mentions 1000 watt power output, but it doesn't seem to be that loud... Not that it really matters as the sound is fantastic anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good thing, 11 Mar 2014
Qality for money , easy to use, many hdmi connections and quality sound app to operate from phone would recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., 25 Jan 2014
I bought this system a month ago and I thought I would give it a proper test before writing a review.

Watching movies and listening to music on this system is amazing. I am very impressed with the sound quality. I have previously bought pioneer audio equipment in the past and have been very impressed with it and this was nothing different.
I also like the DLNA feature which allows me to stream music from my mobile phone directly to the system and it sounds amazing too, however this does not have built in wifi so you will need an cable connection or you could buy a wifi bridge for £15.

I did find some negatives with this system too though. Firstly I found the video quality of my PS4 console reduced a lot when I connected it to the HDMI input on the device. I was playing FIFA 14 and there was way too much motion blur and therefore I decided it would be best to connect the PS4 directly to my TV and then connect the PS4 and the pioneer system with and optical cable. I had the same problem with my sky receiver too but as I had run out of free HDMI ports on the tv I had to leave it connected through the pioneer system and then just adjusted the screen settings on my tv.

I would also prefer if this system had more audio options which allow you to change the settings of the speakers and sub and adjust them to your own liking instead of just having preset options. My old Sony home cinema system had this feature so I was kind of expecting this to have it too.

Overall I would say its a good system for the price and would recommend it to someone wanting to buy this just for music,movies and maybe one more input. However if you have many devices to connect to the system such as Sky boxes, PS4 etc you may be better off spending a bit more and getting something that will not reduce the video quality of your inputs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad, 3 Jan 2014