5.0 out of 5 stars Truely Amazing.
Published 15 months ago by Stephen Poncia

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed but overall happy to keep.
Positive Points:
It looks good, the sound quality is good and with 4 HDMI inputs the connectivity appears to be excellent - except for one rather significant point for a surround sound system - see below*. Internet radio option is interesting/fun to explore. Playback (of even HD video) from USB is good. Recording to USB of FM radio (only).

Suboptimal...
Published 7 months ago by Alan Laurie

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely Amazing., 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pioneer MCS-737 5.1 Channel Media Centre System with Tall Speaker (Electronics)
Came across this item as I wanted something better then just a home cinema system that comes with a DVD player, I wanted an "all-in-one" and well I'm so glad that I purchased this. From DJing I know how big a name Pioneer are for sound and when I play my music and movies through this it really does just blow your mind how good it is. It's so simple to set up, you literally plug in what you want, go to the source menu and click which input you want, its THAT simple!!!

For music I've had this thing turned up full blast to test it and oh my god, it sounds like im in a club standing next to speakers, the bass I can still feel when i'm upstairs, absolutely amazing.

One little issue I had with it though was my sky kept turning off, I thought at first it may be due to connection problems or something of that nature, but soon realised after doing some digging is that this system is factory set to 30 mins standby time, so if you play your ps3 and play a game, it will not go off, if you watch a movie on sky and press nothing for half and hour it will go off but ever since I put the standby time to off, no problems!

The surround itself is sexy and stylish, they really have put effort in to make the stand up speakers look good, when friends have walked into my front room thats what they've commented on before even hearing the quality! In terms of what you can do with them, you have so many settings in the surround sound options. You can have either fron surround, all 5.1 blasting sound, virtual sound (when it gives off echos to make it seem your inside - which actually works) and many more!

All in all, beautiful peice of kit, really worth the money and if you're into having little get together's with friends with music this thing will not let you down!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed but overall happy to keep., 21 July 2014
Alan Laurie (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Positive Points:

Suboptimal Points:
There is no control for bass and treble. Only volume, mute and bass boost on/off.
There are admittedly preset equaliser settings for news, film, music etc.
FM radio tuner is a bit weak. A Denon tuner attached to the same (loft) FM aerial gets a better signal and with perfect RDS but this tuner is a little hissy on some stations and with dodgy RDS.
The connectors are a fraction too big to fit through the holes in the speaker bases so you either have to cut and rejoin the cable (thin wire) or have the white cable highlighting itself against the black speaker bases. I taped mine down with black insulating tape. Apparently these bases are also used for another system and the instructions indeed make no reference to the holes. A deficiency all the same.

Negative Points:
If the volume is set higher than 10 (goes up to 40) a noisy fan operates if there is any sound at all, irrespective of temperature (as soon as it is turned on). Is an annoying whining sound, which stops a second after the start of periods of total silence, which makes it even more obvious! I improve (but do not fully resolve) this by shutting the sliding glass door of the unit it is in but will probably change the fan for a quieter one. Should have a silent fan as standard!
*NO CONTROL OF SOUND FROM HDMI INPUTS (except volume and mute). You cannot even switch the bass boost on or off. You can turn it on/off via the Bluray/DVD settings if there is a disk in (or via the FM radio section) and then it is set for all inputs, but cannot be altered otherwise.
More importantly, there is no way to get surround sound via HDMI inputs IF NOT digital surround sound media. With my Virgin Media cable TV box connected and outputting digital audio (for all channels), I get Dolby Digital surround sound on the HD channels but no surround sound options for the SD channels. If I connect it using optical audio lead to my old Toshiba CRT TV, which has inbuilt surround sound with separate rear speakers, I get Dolby Digital 3/2 (=5.1) on the HD channels with Dolby Prologic and some other options on the SD channels. On this Pioneer machine there is the option for Dolby Prologic in the disc menu (if no digital audio on the disc) and also in the FM section, but NOT for the HDMI inputs. Pioneer customer service confirmed that this is correct. Scarcely credible! (Edit: In fact if you set the surround to Dolby Prologic (e.g. via FM input options) you do get it via HDMI inputs and if the source is Dolby Digital then it nicely defaults to that even if set to Dolby Prologic. This was not the case when first tried but now is. Must have been a software glitch or something as had already upgraded to latest version. Still unable to alter sound settings from the HDMI input menu)
I get lipsync problems on HD TV channels but cannot correct it. No such problems if connected to my old TV. There is an option to correct lipsync, but ONLY if playing a bluray or DVD disc!

Other Points:
Remote control was defective. Had to keep removing and reinserting the batteries if no button was pressed for a couple of hours. Customer service was excellent (apart from confirming the bad news about the HDMI inputs). Received a replacement remote control within 4 business days, direct from Japan! The replacement is ok though has twice misbehaved in the same way over the last 7 weeks, each time after no use for a few days. Clearly a problem with the remote controls.
Full USER MANUAL is available for download online:

5.0 out of 5 stars pioneer mcs-737, 25 Feb. 2014
i purchase from amazon warehouse at a bargain price £209 it looks fantastic but if you look hard the build is a bit on the cheaper side that said after setting up an turning on OMG the sound and picture will blow you away .It has four hdmi ports in and one out so you can conect lots of auxilarys .All in all for the price you cant go wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved the system I have bought and the sound is ..., 6 July 2014
i loved the system I have bought and the sound is great but the front speakers could do with a bit more cable
can any body tell me where I can get extension cable , the cable ends look like they are made for pioneer systems only and I don't want to cut the wire to extend it

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be great, 29 May 2014
Khalil Dimachkie (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Everything was great, the sound quality is excellent and the multiple HDMI inputs where great. However as soon as I received the unit if you raise the volume above 10 (which is about a quarter of the way to max) the Blu ray player starts buzzing violently. In fact its so loud you can hear it over the sound coming from the speaker. Sent it for repair and they said the main board was shot, it took them a whole month to replace it. As soon as I got the "fixed" one back home I had the same exact problem. Not really willing to take it in for another month of useless repair so I'm stuck with it the way it is. Can't turn the volume up more than 10 if I want to maintain my sanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good sound system, 2 Jan. 2015
Really good sound system. You must have an optical cable to connect it to your tv. Easy to set up. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars but i love karaoke on it, 25 Dec. 2014
I'm very imperesed!It was actually for my husband,but i love karaoke on it!good sound,can recomend

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 30 Jan. 2015
Its okay but I expected better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 26 Jan. 2015
Better base sound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 30 Mar. 2014
Ok so Ive only just put the system together and I have only dabbled with the features so I may edit this review in a few weeks, but on 1st impressions it's blew me away! Ive watched a few blurays and the sound is amazing, I've also played a little bit on my ps4 and the sound is incredible It actually felt like my room was the mighty jackdaw and I felt every wave hitting the ship!

It's got plenty of hdmi ports so feel free to hook up your consoles, pc and what ever u like :)

My room is small but the wires seem very long and I had no problems with the wire length U should be absolutely fine with a small to medium room.