4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as hush, but still a good read!
If I'm completely honest, I bought this book on the kindle on the basis that I really enjoyed Anne Frasier's Hush, and I read the single review posted in entire block capitals ripping into her for this novel, and thought that I couldn't rely on such a harshly worded and not very constructive review. So here I am.

It's not as thrilling or engaging as Hush....the...
Published 21 months ago by FME Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad
A voodoo/police detective story that was OK although my interest started to wane a bit towards the end of the book. It was quite atmospheric and the descriptions of the Deep South area were OK. I'd probably read the next in the series as I'm not sure how much you can squeeze out of a detective series based entirely around voodoo.
Published 16 months ago by AngieM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as hush, but still a good read!, 12 Nov 2012
FME Ryan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Play Dead (Kindle Edition)

It's not as thrilling or engaging as Hush....the main characters take a bit more getting used to - both equally flawed and with their own personal problems and skeletons in the closet.....as you'd expect - but they are rather likeable in the end. One or two twists and turns and not half as much 'voodoo' or 'root magic' as the reviewer below outlines - although this plot line was a bit grating and I can't help but think the story would have been better without this added detail.

All in all, not Frasier at her best, but still worth a read if you enjoyed her other novels.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 2 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 25 May 2014
Mrs. Hilary E. Kilbey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Play Dead (Elise Sandburg series) (Kindle Edition)
This book kept me wonder I g until the last chapter a very good twist and quite unexpected averydoodstory thanyouwriter

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 25 May 2014
Play Dead
Some books I can not put down, this one I could. It was still a great read, and will try more by this author

5.0 out of 5 stars Voodoo, TTX, Zombies and Cops, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Play Dead (Elise Sandburg series) (Kindle Edition)
I thought this started slowly but I couldn't put it down once the story gripped me.

Can't wait to read the next book in the series.

It's great to have come across Anne Frasier and strongly recommend her as a great Author, who I have high hopes for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, 23 Mar 2014
Patricia (Tyne & Wear UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Play Dead (Elise Sandburg series) (Kindle Edition)
Play Dead held my attention right through in fact I found it quite hard to put down.
Weird, creepy & full of suspense, will be hoping for more of the same from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy read, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Play Dead (Elise Sandburg series) (Kindle Edition)
Excellent read from start to finish. Dark but challenging and a gripping ending. Am looking forward to more of Elise.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Play Dead (Elise Sandburg series) (Kindle Edition)
this book was good reading from the start would read some more by this writer will check to see what else she has written

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Play Dead (Kindle Edition)
Such a brilliant book!!! Anne Fraiser really knows how to make her reader's skin crawl! Would really recommend buying it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great one, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Play Dead (Kindle Edition)
I really find this author very readable exciting and unpredictable. I am a big fan of hers. I am off on holiday for Christmas to sunny climes and I am taking her with me. The price is great too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Play Dead (Elise Sandburg series)
3.99