Format: DVD|Change

on 8 December 2013
Like most people, I could not wait for this release after the tour ended in July. The DVD doesnt dissappoint. The way it is done is slightly different from the 1997 version but it does not lose any of the delights that all the tour DVDs have.
The final scene with the music backdrop to the second-half of the 3rd Test is worth the money alone. Please never stop the Lions Tour documentaries!!!
on 29 July 2014
Great DVD but NOT child appropriate. My 10 year old is rugby mad so we bought this for us to watch but turns out we had to turn it off due to behind the scenes expletives - frequently. Should be made clear in the product review.
on 14 December 2013
VERY INTERESTING DVD GIVING YOU AN INSIGHT TO WHAT GOES ON BEHIND THE SCENES. VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY. REALLY PLEASED.
on 9 February 2014
The is the best Lions DVD so far, it's got everything,
a true reflection of what happens on a tour
on 29 December 2013
Bought this for my son who is an avid Lions fan. He has watched a few times and says it is excellent.
on 6 January 2014
this dvd was a very good watch as a lions fan it was a good touch as to what goes on when on tour.
on 21 November 2013
This DVD is truly amazing. I urge all rugby fans to get this DVD. It shows the professionalism of our lions and also the off-field banter that is a must view. The 2nd disk is much funnier whereas the first disk was more matched focused. Highly recommend.
on 14 October 2013
I managed to get an invite to a screening of this and I have to say it was absolutely superb. The production is nothing short of excellent.
A shorter version of this was screened on Sky, this BD contains so much more! How on earth they managed to get so much access behind the scene's is amazing,

I'm not even sure you need to be a Lion's fan to enjoy this!!
on 26 November 2013
I have just watched the whole 2 dvd's. Being a rugby fan and also a fan of the first Lions film from the 97 tour, it does seem that the last couple of tours the tours have become a bit of a disappointment. Although its good to have it as part of ones collection, looking back at the first one that came out and as some other reviewers have said, we did not see much of the meetings or selection meetings. If we remember from the first one, we saw Martin Johnson and the management discussing some of the selection meetings that was had.
Also there was a bit more of the players when they were at ease and during their downtime. Didn't anybody enjoy the Wonderwall song in the restaurant? Or the table tennis match!!
Maybe something for future production of Lions tours to think about.
This one we saw many of the match highlights but not much of the players and physios reactions on the sidelines. Like we would have liked to have been a bit up close when the injury to Sam Warburton in the second test. Remember in the 2001 tour, we were in the medical room when the irish fly half was repeatedly punched in the face against the Waratahs.
Thank you.
on 12 December 2013
my 12 year old is rugby mad and was delighted with this dvd. He watched the matches on the tour and this seemed the natural progression.