5.0 out of 5 stars Little but Great
I thought it wouldn't be that nice! But it is indeed a great staff than other market Aerial. Big/Bulky/ugly Aerials can be replaced by this. I stuck this on my window using the suction cap provided with this and also applied some tape to keep it there. Cable length is enough- i think around 6 feet- from TV to Aerial. Small and nice and will not ruin your room beauty.
Published 11 months ago by Shawkat

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than an August DTA240, but quite unsightly in a window
The little August DTA240 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-DTA240-High-Freeview-Aerial/dp/B007JPOX8O) is a beautifully made piece of kit for its price, but it just didn't have enough gain for our poor reception area. This Akord stick-on antenna gave much better results, maybe because the window I'm using happens to be facing in the right direction - I'm assuming that the...
Published 10 months ago by taildragger221

5.0 out of 5 stars Little but Great, 14 May 2014
This review is from: AKORD® FREEVIEW HD DIGITAL TV AERIAL - HIGH GAIN - PORTABLE INDOOR DVB-T TELEVISION (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly gave up but then ...magic! Clues here!, 26 Aug. 2014
This aerial is unlike most others in that there is not a lot of clue what to do with it, and even less idea of where to site it.
1. Take off the sticky back paper from the plastic 'wings' that contain sealed foil receivers. (Not as obvious as you'd think!) My aerial worked as in the illustration, ie. with the foil lines parallel to the floor.
2. Do NOT automatically assume that putting it by or on the window gives the best reception. It did not for me! The middle of the room gave brilliant reception. The window did nothing for us. We tried it in two places with three televisions but were waving it around like a flag at a carnival! I settled on an easier way!
3. So, to make it easier to position this aerial, I would advise sticking the enclosed sucker (complete with magnetic metal plate), onto a flat, clean surface, as one needs to exclude the air, of an object that can be easily moved up, down and round and that will sit on a shelf or windowsill! If you want to stick the aerial on to the window eventually, it is still easier to have it suckered onto an object to check the signal first, and then try to put the sucker in the right place on the glass, otherwise you will be fed up with picking the sucker off the glass! So long as the sucker can be positioned on the surface of your chosen carrier, with room for the tiny aerial to be free, you do not need to keep touching the aerial directly or attaching the sucker to various other surfaces, getting it dusty or greasy. Otherwise you need a willing slave to move it around and that is very frustrating for both parties! I tried attaching it to a stick initially, to wave around, but it is actually rather sensitive so a solid support is a good idea!
Once you have placed the sucker on to the plastic lunchbox, storage box, or whatever, allowing space for the 'wings' to go out to the sides horizontally, press lightly to attach the metal part of the aerial to the metal magnet on the sucker to achieve a horizontal aerial, as in the bigger photo. Connect the cable to the TV. Probably an object with a vertical surface at right angles to the 'wings' would be best. Then walk around the room, starting near to the television to avoid a long cable placing the box round the room, and rotating it on the surface to get a signal.
4. When tuning in the channels on an UNTUNED television, do a MANUAL search on bank 44 (BBC One, Two etc) or choose another dead cert, in the range 21-68. If you do not get that, it will be a quick result. Doing an Autotune will take forever and be a waste of time if no signal is available in that spot, as you will get nothing many times over. If it looks as if there might be a signal close, ie. the pixel boxes and crackling that indicate something is happening just move the box slightly to reposition the aerial! Once you have the right direction and height, then you may want to attach the aerial differently.
5.. This aerial works! However, having nearly put this back in the envelope, totally puzzled and frustrated, I just had to have another go after re-reading the reviews and not wishing to be defeated. Using my 'carrier' box, I found that it worked through a velux window by siting it in the MIDDLE of a room, on a shelf, not in the highest of places and not even near the window, and it worked. Anywhere higher or nearer to the window failed, as did trying to put it in the same direction as our free view aerial in the loft! By turning the box slowly round on the shelf, I was able to fine tune it very rapidly and easily. All other efforts, just trying to stick the sucker on to windows etc. and then the aerial to that, were slow and frustrating! You can try putting another box or book under to adjust the position. Once you know roughly where you get the reception you can replicate it without the lunch/storage box!
As I have it stuck on to the side of a storage box that was in position anyway, it is convenient but I do have to alter the aerial between the UHF outputs. That is the BBC set of channels on 44 I believe, are best received about two inches from the ITV set!
6. My television is a 20" HDTV set and I am not sure how it would work on a large screen. It is not in the house but a room outside!
Good luck! I love sewing and listening to the television news etc., being able to look at the picture if I need! This is amazing as there is a sloped ceiling and window and a lack of storage space in my sewing 'room'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable TV aerial, 24 Dec. 2013
Small, easy to use and gives excellent performance, much better than the clumsy, awkward and allegedly high performance aerial it replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 11 Jun. 2014
Great little aerial got one for my son's tv then went on to buy 2 more picks up so many channels and you don't have to plug it into the mains which is great

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good buy, 22 Feb. 2014
Absolutley brilliant, I have tried numerous indoor aerials before , and thought I'd have one more try with this one, because it was such a low price , I didn't think it would be much good , I've got a perfect picture on my tv, I have hung it over the end of the curtain pole and it's great , thankyou.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indoor Aerial - amazing!, 9 Jun. 2014
What an amazing aerial. Didn't look much but reception is excellent!! Highly recommended especially for the price, you just can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witchcraft!, 15 Feb. 2014
What can I say that hasn't been said. Turned up VERY QUICKLY in a small envelope looking very flimsy, stuck it on the window and it gives good reception on all freeview channels whatever the weather is like - and it is on the "wrong" side of the house with regards to the transmitter. Works much better than any other I have tried including ones that you plug in to get a boost!! As I said - WITCHCRAFT AT WORK - very impressive

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 6 Nov. 2013
corsur (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my main TV as the outdoor one give up. When It arrived I thought to myself there is know way this is going to work, to small looking. I plugged it in to a SLX 1 single booster I had and got all channels straight away. Without the booster some channels where broken up, but in saying that I had this already stuck behind a curtain up vertical as to horizontal. I guess if I had moved it about it would have got all of the channels better. You can get the booster on Amazon for about a tenner but then this does add to the price. But you will be near sure to get all channels no matter where you put this aerial.

SLx 1 Way Signal Booster
SLx 1 Way Signal Booster
See pictures

5.0 out of 5 stars and now have a perfect picture on all channels including HD channels which I ..., 25 Aug. 2014
some instructions would have been helpful..however going by other reviews, I stuck it to my window...and now have a perfect picture on all channels including HD channels which I could not get with my old aerial.. added bonus is that it does not need to be plugged into an electrical socket...and does not take up any space...
think would be ideal for caravans etc...if you are looking for an indoor aerial, worth giving this a try..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Aug. 2014
J. Alexander (London UK) - See all my reviews
I'd been looking at various boosters and aerials as my flat doesn't have an outside aerial. I honestly didn't hold out much hope for this but thought I'd give it a shot as it was so cheap. first I stuck it on the back of the TV and it picked up about 90 HD Freeview channels, then I moved it higher up and tucked it in a corner out of sight and rescanned and it picked up around 120 channels. So glad I tried it!