5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, Great Price.
Got this PC for mainly office work but it will also be used for photoshop CS6.
First I am incredibly impressed by this manufacturer for the Crap ware, or lack of it.
I started the computer and expected to find the usual list of crappy games, toolbars, anti virus trial thats a pain to uninstall.
But Zoostorm, no crapware. The only thing that I uninstalled...
Published 14 months ago by Conor EW

3.0 out of 5 stars Its fast and performs to expectations.
Published 13 months ago by C. A. Arnold

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, Great Price., 18 Feb 2013
Got this PC for mainly office work but it will also be used for photoshop CS6.
But Zoostorm, no crapware. The only thing that I uninstalled was Skype, apart from that there was no other applications to uninstall and absolutely no trials of anything pre installed.
Antivirus set up with the free Microsoft Security essentials out of the box. It is really refreshing that a manufacturer is thinking about the customer and not shovelling loads of sponsored apps onto their computer without permission.
Case is nice, bit on the loud side but not the worst I have heard.
Flap does need to be down (90 degree angle) to use the USB ports and depending on the position of the PC it may be susceptible to snapping as it doesn't feel very sturdy but not the end of the world.

Bottom Line, Fantastic Computer for the money, Recommend to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very happy bunny!, 30 Nov 2012
M. R. Pace "Harry" (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
This PC was easy to setup and change graphics card with. I would be suprised to find a PC like this made in Britain for under 570 but at 389 this is nothing short of a steal. Makes a great budget gamin PC for games such as the Total War series as the ram and i5 are excellent together, I just purchased a cheap Nvidia card and fitted it in. Beware when purchasing graphics cards for this model mas it comes with an average 300W power supply. Also beware of the fact that only the power lead is included so monitor connections must be bought elsewhere.
Great PC for a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy and Quiet, 23 Nov 2013
I've just replaced my Dell 3100 Pentium 4 with this Zoostorm PC, the difference is like night and day. The speed of start up, moving around applications, streaming videos is awesome. I don't know why I didn't kick the Dell into touch years ago.

The on board Realtek sound is nearly as good as a Creative Blaster sound card the Dell had installed a few years ago, just goes to show how technology has moved on, the sound is so good I just upgraded to premium Spotify, saying that, sound cards are pretty inexpensive so I'm going to upgrade to see what can be achieved (any suggestions will be greatly received).

Youtube HD content streams seamlessly which it never did on the old PC.

Some other reviews say that the fan is noisy, this isn't my experience at all but I was used to the Dell sounding like a jet fighter taking off and the CPU running at 100%.

It's pretty spectacular for under 400!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VALUE FOR THE MONEY, 7 May 2012
angel gabriel (S. Wales England) - See all my reviews
Really pleased with this computer, very easy to set up, I connected an external monitor,drive,keyboard,mouse and printer immediately with no problems. the Intel i5 is very fast. The actual 'guts' is much lighter than it looks, plus making moving around easier. Windows 7 was new to me (previous OS XP), which I was a little worried about but having played about with my preferences everything is set up for my needs. Reviews anywhere should be taken with a 'pinch of salt' as its each to their own. All round great product, I would happily have an upgraded Zoostorm when the time comes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its fast and performs to expectations., 1 Mar 2013
C. A. Arnold "kateof the north" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
Casing construction is a little cheap with thin pressed steel that resonates a bit. This can be overcome by sticking some heavy material on the inside to resolve. Also there was no driver for the sound card when delivered. Zoostrom dealt with this promptly e-mailing e link to download the driver, the system now works well. I have to ask myself, how can a computer be dispatched that hasn't been fully tested?

5.0 out of 5 stars As Murray would say, 'That's FAN......TASTIC!', 20 April 2013
So,

I bought this PC from the 'Warehouse' section of Amazon.......which means it was, legally speaking, second hand. What this means in reality is that either someone ordered it and then changed their mind and sent it back or received it in a non-working condition. As it is a PC the fact that it 'was' broken doesn't matter; PCs are modular things and when you replace the broken module it is as if it was never broken....

So, onto the product itself. I have to say that rarely have I ever been so impressed with a PC in this price band before; it has an out of the box Windows7 score of 7.x for everything except the GFX card, and even that (it is an onboard GFX setup that uses system memory) scores a very decent 5.x.

Some people have said that the computer is noisy (the system/CPU fans) but they obviously don't know how to adjust the settings in the BIOS; you can set the system up so that it is normally very quiet and only spins up when necessary....this not only quietens the PC but it also uses less power and will make the components last longer.....

People have also complained about the keyboard and or mouse.....why? Yes, they're probably not very good....I couldn't tell you as I already had an MS set and if you didn't already have one they are so cheap that ANY PC should be bought with them if you don't already have a set; no set, even from a big brand like HP or DELL, that comes with a PC will compare.

I was looking for some info when I bought the PC and now I have I will let you know the answer to the questions I had:

1. The video outputs are VGA and DVI.
2. The audio output is a straight line out...not multi out for an old 5/1/7.1 audio kit......I had to buy new speakers.
3. There is just ONE bay for top line GFX card....so don't buy one that needs TWO slots....it wont fit. However, you can buy one that is the WIDTH of two slots but needs just one connection.

In summary, I would recommend NEVER buying new from anywhere again...I saved 200 off the CURRENT price of the PC just by going to the 'warehouse' section of Amazon; I would also recommend this PC and Zoostorm (I spoke to them once before I bought the PC to answer some Qs, and once after for advice on BIOS setting changes I wanted to make, and they could not have been more knowledgeable or more helpful....they may be small and you may have to wait 5 minutes for your call to be answered but it is every bit worth it...)

Any Qs about this PC or Zoostorm...reply to this review and I'll answer you...

James

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 30 Sep 2012
It is a very good computer and the specs you will not get at the same price on any other website or shop. Very quiet and fast. Easy to set up and easy to use . The best bit is the speed is amazing and all the prograns are very stable, do not hang up. I am glad I bought this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really can't fault this PC, 2 April 2013
Very fast delivery. Had it set up and running within minutes. Its an extremely fast machine but slightly noisier than I would like. The graphics are a tad basic but I plan on installing a new nVidea GTX 660 and PSU which should fix that.

All in all I would highly recommend this machine: an amazing piece of kit for the price.

EDIT: Well, replaced the PSU with a 750W unit, added a BluRay RW and a GTX 660 graphics card.

Now for the problems. :-)

The new PSU came with sheathed cables which means I can't actually reconnect the cables to the original DVD RW because of lack of space between the PSU and the DVD. Also the PSU doesn't have a square 4-pin auxiliary motherboard power connector so I've had to buy a 4-pin Molex converter cable to give the motherboard enough juice to make the CPU fan work. These are problems with the PSU and not the Zoostorm (apart from the space problem between the PSU and the DVD.)

The graphics card was a problem because the end covers of the Zoostorm are not easily removable. Only the one which lines up with the PCIe slot is removable. The rest are all part of one unit and you have to get quite physical with a screwdriver and tin-snips to get another off as the GTX 660 needs two end covers removing.

I still stand by my 5 star rating for this machine, though. The only problems I've had with it are because of the upgrades I've made. As sold its the dogs b*ll*cks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, a great buy, but..., 4 Sep 2012
This machine is fantastic for such a low price (at the time of my purchase & review 399.99) and it's still pretty sweet for its usual price 499.99, mine hasn't had a single problem yet, no crashes or anything. It's a very fast machine being capable of completely setting up windows and all applications I use regularly such as MS office, steam, skype and some games etc. It is also capable of multitasking very well without performance issues. For games it's pretty good too being able to play things like TF2, Blacklight: Retribution, any of the Total War series and several other games in my collection on max settings and still be able to handle my usual multitasking. In short the machine itself is awesome on all fronts with a great processor, a huge hard drive and a sufficient but not great graphics card.

However my biggest problem with this is not the machine itself, it's the delivery. The box to my annoyance was already open and not in a very tidy way; I would imagine that this is some damage sustained whilst in transit. The computer itself was also packaged in rather mundane cardboard resembling a slightly thicker egg box. And the third problem was that it was shipped without a power cord, naturally I still had the one from my old PC however I would have appreciated a new one.

All in all if you are looking for a new PC I definitely recommend this machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PC And The Noise Isn't A Problem, 9 May 2013
I ordered this to replace a 7 year old basic Dell model for my work, at this sort of price it's a fantastic PC. The Windows 7 installed isn't full of the usual bloatware if you're anything like me you'll appreciate the speed in which this one runs straight out of the box without the need for hundreds of tweaks. In the Windows performance test I'm averaging around low 7's with only the desktop graphics holding it back at around 4.2, gaming graphics rates a 6. The first thing I did was install Visual Studio and try to rebuild all my software and everything worked fine and was significantly quicker than the old Dell running XP, only mention this because when I have done similar on other PC's such as an Alienware 17 laptop it has actually been slower, the machine seems to be the perfect setup for Windows 7. The full MS Office suite runs lightening quick.

The only slight problem I had was the same as others have mentioned, it has a noisy PSU fan. I did try the BIOS setting first which reduced the noise a little but I actually found the solution to be much easier, it's not so much the fan that is the problem but the cheap case. All I had to do was loosen the screws on the left hand side panel (looking from the front) and just ease it out a touch. Doing that along with the silent running in the BIOS has made it as a quiet a PC as I've ever owned.**

** Edit 08/08/2013 Just to re-iterate this I've just fitted a 600w Corsair PSU so I can add more powerful graphics card ( B00ALYOTTI ),the Corsair is renowned for being very quiet and yet it makes no difference in this case, the only way of getting it quiet is to either slacken off or completely remove the left side panel, the case vibrates not the PSU.

ARRAY(0xab9e366c)