5.0 out of 5 stars witty, charming and intellegent
I am also in my late thirties, and I too love this programme. I think it must appeal to those of a similar generation brought up on Mr Benn, Jamie and the Magic Torch etc.

This is a wonderfully imaginative animation. It's simple yet it has a depth that is lacking in much of today's contemporary childrens programming.

It follows the daily adventures...
Published 11 months ago by Mr. B. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunate
My son loves Sarah and Duck however unfortunately it does not play when you go to watch it here in the US. I was unaware of this prior to purchasing it. I don't think it should have been able to be shipped and sold if it was able to be viewed in the US.. Very disappointing. I am sure however if we had been able to watch it we would have loved it.
Published 1 month ago by Keina

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars witty, charming and intellegent, 13 Aug 2013
Mr. B. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)

It follows the daily adventures of Sarah and her friend Duck. The 7 minute long episodes play out with gentle coaxing from narration by Roger Allam. The dialogue, which at times is quite matter of fact, gives rise to some genuinely funny interactions between Sarah, Duck and the narrator.

Although the show is aimed at pre schoolers, although I think it does appeal to a wider audience and older children would engage with this just as well (and clearly 30-40 somethings too).

Oh, my 13 month old daughter loves this too by the way.

Quack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly magnificent, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)
I can only concur with the reviews above. We all watch Sarah and Duck in our house and my nearly-4-year-old son loves it, perhaps in a slightly different way to how his 30something parents both do.

Any programme with a talking pile of wool, a girl who always carries a plate, and a forgetful lady who has a grumpy bag to remind her what she is doing is always going to be a winner.

I have a passion for the satisfyingly surreal and this gentle, odd little programme fills my heart with warmth! I shall definitely be purchasing this when it comes out, and recommending that every person on this earth does the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars undeniably brilliant, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)
sarah and duck is one of my favorite programmes,its just brilliant,narrated by a much less sweary Roger Allam(the thick of it) the animation is quirky and utterly charming,to be honest i would quite happily watch it with or without my three year old.And i want a duck.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Television Programme in the History of Mankind, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)
I am 39 years old and this is quite simply the best television programme in the history of mankind.

Buy it.

Now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait!, 3 Sep 2013
R. Hall "Becci_h" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)
I think I am looking forward to this DVD release more than my child! It is a fantastic little cartoon (about 7 or 8 mins long per episode) and my 2.5 year old daughter, my 31 year old Hubby and myself love it! It's calm, unassuming, funny and quirky. I wish there were going to be more than just these first 10 episodes on the DVD though - but maybe I'm a bit greedy!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMGOMGOMG ALL OF THE THINGS!!!, 9 Nov 2013
Joanne Blair (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)
I am ridiculously excited by the imminent release of the Sarah & Duck DVD. My partner and I are in our early 40s and have a 9 month old who couldn't care less about Sarah & Duck. Us grown ups on the other hand end up crying with laughter at it every day. I cannot get enough of it and can often be found doing the Fireworks Dance in our kitchen :D
The release date is just in time for my son's birthday so I'm buying it for my partner and I as a "survived our first year as parents" prezzie :D

This DVD could only be improved by including a billion more episodes. Five stars is insufficient to show how much I love this <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, heartwarming, and just the right amount of strange, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)
This series is an antidote to all the limp, irritating, saccharine dross that gets pumped out by Disney. Sarah is real: She's imperfect, naive, funny-looking, and completely charming. Sarah and Duck stories don't necessarily have a beginning or end, they certainly don't have a preachy message - other than perhaps to "find joy in all things".

Her adventures are impeccable observations of a young mind. On her travels, Sarah meets talking rainbows, cakes, and vegetables. She accepts them all without prejudice as her friends. Fantasy and reality are blended in a way that only the very young would be completely comfortable with. Sarah is not pressured to make the "right" decision to solve her gentle predicaments, and often comes up with an unusual approach, whether it obeys the laws of physics or not - just like real a real human child.

The folky and kaleidoscopic music is wonderfully soothing, and complements the deep voice of the narrator wonderfully. The editing is also spacious and calm, making this a perfect bedtime wind-down for pre-schoolers and infants. Importantly for parents, this makes repeated viewing less annoying too.

Sarah and Duck is a BBC gem which revives the tradition of great british children's animation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ever, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)
I love Sarah & Duck. It's a great show for my 16 month old. Its a nice quiet show that relaxes him and makes it easier for me and my hubby to get him to sleep. I love the characters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Son's favourite..., 29 July 2013
R. H. Bambury "Mitz" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)
As a 41 year old, brought up on the collected works of Oliver Postgate, I think that I love this almost as much as my 2 year old son. Quirky and charming. Narrated by Roger Allam (bit of a departure from The Thick Of It). Quack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Mar 2014
D. Cartwright (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD)
My son loves this show - we are moving abroad soon so it was good to get some episodes to take with us.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Sarah & Duck [DVD]
Sarah & Duck [DVD] (DVD - 2014)
5.00