5.0 out of 5 stars You won't find better for less. Love it.
Having purchased a pretty awful leapad 2 for my son just a year ago I was reluctant to buy him another tablet as he barely used it and it never held his interest for longer than a few minutes, however a whole different story with the innotab 3s, he can't put it down!

Published 11 months ago by Edsmed001

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing :(
Published 10 months ago by trees are green

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing :(, 20 Oct 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S Wi-Fi Learning Tablet (Blue) (Toy)
After downloading countless toddler learning apps and videos to my phone for my 2 year old to watch, I decided it was time to purchase something better suited to his clumsy little butter fingers, and so purchased the innotab s3. First thing I noticed was that it seemed very durable and well built. I downloaded the learning lodge which does seem to harbour a wide variety of apps ranging from age 1 upwards.

I was impressed by the 3s, that was until I began to surf the net. My initial thought was that the item must be faulty, as the response time while using the net was extremely slow. After researching this, I found it to be a common issue. It takes roughly about 5 minutes to load each site- a bit like old fashioned dial up. When the pages do finally load, you can't actually do anything with them as the 3s cant use flash player and so doesn't posses the ability to stream videos, music or play on line games. This was a bit of a disappointment for me as my son loves the cbeebies site. One of the sites pre selected on the 3s is the chuggington one. The sole purpose of this site is to watch video clips and play games, and seen as though you can't do either, its just pointless. I've purchased a sd card, and intend to convert some of his favourite videos so that he can watch them on his innotab, however when looking into doing this it does seem to be quite tricky. I've a feeling that maybe this is tactical on vtechs part, as you can purchase videos from the learning lodge. About 5 episodes of peppa pig will cost you about 6!

I suppose the bottom line is that if you want a sturdy games console with educational value, then inno tab is great, but if your looking for a tablet with half decent internet access, then look else where. I paid roughly 100 for this, and could have purchased a child's basic tablet for slightly more. As my son is only 2 im sure that he will be over the moon with it, but had I purchased this for an older child I would have had seconds thoughts.

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't find better for less. Love it., 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S Wi-Fi Learning Tablet (Blue) (Toy)

I bought him the new innotab for his birthday this year after he saw it in a local store and was immediately bombarded with requests for it and I'm pleased to report that not only does the product appear to be more durable than his previous tablet (his old leapad now has a cracked screen) but the sheer level of features it seems to have are just brilliant at holding his attention, he's still discovering things a week later.

The bundled apps are pretty good, the art studio in particular is one of his favorites and loves the picture stamp animations, similarly he's really taken to the stop motion animation and camera functions with ease.

Setting up was pretty easy, no more difficult than your average tablet to be honest, the hardest part was setting up the wifi connection but that was just because I'd entered the wrong password, after that it was a doddle and the learning lodge download centre is pretty good, lots of games and ebooks, but his favorites are the videos, plenty to keep him occupied on trips out of the house

I'm not sure about other reviewers opinions, but I found it quite easy to convert my own videos and put them on the innotab's internal memory (I do do this as a job however) this is a good feature as obviously not everything my son would like is available on the learning lodge so its quite flexible, something the leapad was severely lacking.

The Kid Connect feature is a BIG plus, it basically allows you to communicate securely with the innotab from an app on your iphone, very handy for calling him down from his room when its dinner time. We've not had a chance to use the web browser yet but I'm not expecting anything out of the ordinary and was assured at the time of purchase that it was kid safe, but the big plus is the fact you can RE CHARGE the included batteries which is something we could never do with his old tablet without purchasing an expensive add on so that's a bonus.

Sure it's perhaps a little on the slow side in terms of opening apps compared to what I'm used to, but you shouldn't purchase this expecting it to be as fast as your ipad or even a cheap android tablet, they have years of development and budget under their belts so would be unfair to compare the two, although I will say it's probably just as fast as my old 150 android tablet I had a few years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S Wi-Fi Learning Tablet (Blue) (Toy)
Perfect my son loves it, hes learning so much through it and i cant believe how quick it came too!! Defo a 5* :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars gift didnt see it, 6 July 2014
its okay

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S Wi-Fi Learning Tablet (Blue) (Toy)
Grand daughter loves this - didn't care it was blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for my nephew, 26 May 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S Wi-Fi Learning Tablet (Blue) (Toy)
Perfect gift for his birthday. He loves the games that can be purchased along side this. very educational but also fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars inno tab., 13 April 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S Wi-Fi Learning Tablet (Blue) (Toy)
Brilliant for those younger children. My 3 year old grandson uses his all the time. Ideal for quiet time at night, in the car and on long journeys.

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could give zero stars......, 25 Mar 2014
AVOID!

This was a Christmas present for my then four year old son. The reasons why we chose an Innotab 3S were because we wanted a robust child friendly tablet that my son would enjoy using and would let him listen to MP3s, watch videos, surf the net (safely) and have downloadable apps.

Another reason for buying him a tablet was to keep him occupied on long car journeys and flights.

The MP3 playing feature does not allow you to create folders, so all MP3 files are put into one folder.
The video conversion procedure is a chore.
The web browser it horrendous and is extremely prohibitive. Even half of the cbeebies website is blocked.
The Apps are very expensive. An android tablet will give you a wealth of free, child friendly apps to download.

The general performance of the Innotab is poor too. It's slow and quite unresponsive.

If you're looking for a tablet PC for a child them my advise would be to buy an Android tablet and a decent cover to protect it from any drops and bumps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vtecch InnoTab 3S, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S Wi-Fi Learning Tablet (Blue) (Toy)
Four stars as bought as present and heard nothing since and that was 3 months ago I presume all was well but cant judge it fully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S Wi-Fi Learning Tablet (Blue) (Toy)
Very entertaining and educational with loads to do. Takes pictures, video, games, music etc. My son loves it, amazing price.