5.0 out of 5 stars inno tab.
Brilliant for those younger children. My 3 year old grandson uses his all the time. Ideal for quiet time at night, in the car and on long journeys.
Published 13 months ago by Sandra Sturgess

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing :(
Published 19 months ago by trees are green

5.0 out of 5 stars inno tab., 13 April 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing :(, 20 Oct. 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack (Toy)
After downloading countless toddler learning apps and videos to my phone for my 2 year old to watch, I decided it was time to purchase something better suited to his clumsy little butter fingers, and so purchased the innotab s3. First thing I noticed was that it seemed very durable and well built. I downloaded the learning lodge which does seem to harbour a wide variety of apps ranging from age 1 upwards.

I was impressed by the 3s, that was until I began to surf the net. My initial thought was that the item must be faulty, as the response time while using the net was extremely slow. After researching this, I found it to be a common issue. It takes roughly about 5 minutes to load each site- a bit like old fashioned dial up. When the pages do finally load, you can't actually do anything with them as the 3s cant use flash player and so doesn't posses the ability to stream videos, music or play on line games. This was a bit of a disappointment for me as my son loves the cbeebies site. One of the sites pre selected on the 3s is the chuggington one. The sole purpose of this site is to watch video clips and play games, and seen as though you can't do either, its just pointless. I've purchased a sd card, and intend to convert some of his favourite videos so that he can watch them on his innotab, however when looking into doing this it does seem to be quite tricky. I've a feeling that maybe this is tactical on vtechs part, as you can purchase videos from the learning lodge. About 5 episodes of peppa pig will cost you about £6!

I suppose the bottom line is that if you want a sturdy games console with educational value, then inno tab is great, but if your looking for a tablet with half decent internet access, then look else where. I paid roughly £100 for this, and could have purchased a child's basic tablet for slightly more. As my son is only 2 im sure that he will be over the moon with it, but had I purchased this for an older child I would have had seconds thoughts.

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't find better for less. Love it., 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack (Toy)
Having purchased a pretty awful leapad 2 for my son just a year ago I was reluctant to buy him another tablet as he barely used it and it never held his interest for longer than a few minutes, however a whole different story with the innotab 3s, he can't put it down!

I bought him the new innotab for his birthday this year after he saw it in a local store and was immediately bombarded with requests for it and I'm pleased to report that not only does the product appear to be more durable than his previous tablet (his old leapad now has a cracked screen) but the sheer level of features it seems to have are just brilliant at holding his attention, he's still discovering things a week later.

The bundled apps are pretty good, the art studio in particular is one of his favorites and loves the picture stamp animations, similarly he's really taken to the stop motion animation and camera functions with ease.

Setting up was pretty easy, no more difficult than your average tablet to be honest, the hardest part was setting up the wifi connection but that was just because I'd entered the wrong password, after that it was a doddle and the learning lodge download centre is pretty good, lots of games and ebooks, but his favorites are the videos, plenty to keep him occupied on trips out of the house

I'm not sure about other reviewers opinions, but I found it quite easy to convert my own videos and put them on the innotab's internal memory (I do do this as a job however) this is a good feature as obviously not everything my son would like is available on the learning lodge so its quite flexible, something the leapad was severely lacking.

The Kid Connect feature is a BIG plus, it basically allows you to communicate securely with the innotab from an app on your iphone, very handy for calling him down from his room when its dinner time. We've not had a chance to use the web browser yet but I'm not expecting anything out of the ordinary and was assured at the time of purchase that it was kid safe, but the big plus is the fact you can RE CHARGE the included batteries which is something we could never do with his old tablet without purchasing an expensive add on so that's a bonus.

Sure it's perhaps a little on the slow side in terms of opening apps compared to what I'm used to, but you shouldn't purchase this expecting it to be as fast as your ipad or even a cheap android tablet, they have years of development and budget under their belts so would be unfair to compare the two, although I will say it's probably just as fast as my old £150 android tablet I had a few years ago.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish product, wish I'd never bought it, 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack (Toy)
Would not recommend at all! You have to pay for all the program's, games and music which are not cheap!!! For the price you might as well pay a little extra and purchase another makes basic tablet and receive hundreds of free apps!
You cannot get on the WIFI apart from certain websites deemed nosy by Vtech!

5.0 out of 5 stars But one they're ace and ignore the naysayers., 23 May 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack (Toy)
This us a great product for kids and that is who it is for remember. My son's has taken a he'll of a battering and hasn't broken. Don't listen to the reviews which slate it as:

1) It is more durable than an Android tablet or iPad
2) I converted the videos first-time and it isn't that difficult people.
3) Of course you need a computer to set it up
4) The carriage games are really good and educational but I would stay away from the learning lodge games.
5) Did I mention it's for kids people

1.0 out of 5 stars No free apps, very slow. Small and low quality screen!, 16 April 2015
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack (Toy)
This is a rip off product. You are limited to VTech apps and only one of them is free so paying for the tablet you can't actually play the games until you spend about £20 for a selection of apps.
- It's very slow and resolution is very bad. (please don't say that it just for kids, so it can be rubbish?) Children these day don't want to wait 10 or 20sec to load a simple app.

For the same money you can have normal android tablet with much bigger 7inch screen and UNLIMITED apps. Just run it in some child mode to make it safe for children and buy a case to avoid any damage and at least you can load any favourite kid movies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for my nephew, 26 May 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack (Toy)
Perfect gift for his birthday. He loves the games that can be purchased along side this. very educational but also fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars vtech, 21 Jan. 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack (Toy)
My son loves it keeps him quiet for ages download lots of games. And those of games to buy very educational.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't qhite captured the imagination, 21 Jan. 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack (Toy)
My grandson doesn't seem to have been captivated by this but then that could be a good thing. I am sure it will be used over the coming years

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack (Toy)
Just the right gadget for my 3 year old.Its very robust and can take a tumble!!!Games keep him occupied and good for motor skills

VTech InnoTab 3S (Blue) with Battery Pack