on 9 September 2013
Overall this product is good. The material is soft and seems durable. Macbook Pro retina 13 fits well (even with the speck hard case)
Very good value for the money, I would say.
on 13 November 2014
I use this with my 13 inch macbook, and it fits it excellently. It's snug enough that it shouldn't slide out when you don't want it to, but it's not difficult to get in and out. The felt material feels nice, and strikes a nice balance between formality and good looks. I would feel comfortable bringing this case into a business environment. The inside of the case is lined with a microfibre-style cloth, so there is no risk of the sleeve scratching your laptop.

The extra pockets are quite small, and don't really stretch, so they're only really good for storing small or flat items, like screen cleaning cloths (what I store in them), or maybe some headphones. They would not hold a bigger item like a charger without badly (and probably permanently) deforming the sleeve.

The level of protection this case offers is good for preventing scratches (e.g. when carrying the laptop in a bag), but I wouldn't trust it to provide much protection in the event of a drop from any great height. If this is what you need, I recommend you look elsewhere, possibly at hard cases, or ones with more shock protection.

I can't say too much about how this sleeve will hold up in the long term, as I've only got experience of three months of quite light use. However, I haven't seen any signs of stitching failing or other visible wear, so I am optimistic.

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase, and can thoroughly recommend the product.
on 16 May 2014
What it is -
This is a lightweight, minimalistically designed wallet for a 13" Macbook Pro Retina.
A slim, tailored felt wallet with an elastic retainer over the front. Neoprene feel tight woven felt on the inside, covered in a nice woven felt fabric on the outside... open it up and you have a cushoined, snug space to fit a year 2014 13" Macbook Pro RETINA (the THINNER macbook with Haswell Intel processor and Iris graphics), plus a pair of pockets for business cards and dvd-roms, and a little elasticated loop to hold a biro.
It's really nicely stitched together and looks professional. Your macbook will feel very snug and cosy inside. At around a tenner depending on which seller you go to, this is total value and worth the purchase.. you will have total peace of mind that your precious will come to no harm when wrapped up inside.

What it isn't -
This definately isnt for most laptops or macbooks due to the extremely precise tailoring for a 13" Macbook Pro Retina model (remember it holds only the Retina display / haswell chip / iris graphic macbook). if you have a super thin ultrabook, you may also be in luck, but check your laptop measurements against the macbook pro.
It's not a rugged outdoor carry case and it doesnt have hooks handles or loops. you carry it by hand as you would a book (remember those?).
Therefore I recommend you use this to supplement your standard laptop carry bag/satchel. Its perfect for once you're indoors and want something snazzy on your desk without your satchel stealing all the space.
This wallet looks like water, juice, tea and indeed your Venti mug of Latte would soak into it and stain very easily so be careful at the caffe!...

Summary -
Be prepared for comments such as "Wow, that's loveley! and I'm not talking about your Mac"
If you want something to protect your mackbook from picking up scratches while about the house or while inside a rucksack or satchel, this is for you. At around the ten pound mark with free saver-delivery, its a no brainer.
on 2 April 2014
I tried a number of cases trying to get a one that actually fitted my Macbook Pro Retina 13" and finally found this one. So many of the other cases are generic sized allowing the laptop to slide around inside, not this one it's a near perfect fit. The macbook slides in and out easily and I expect you could also fit a hard shell if you wanted.

The felt provides good bump protection and the fleece liner stops any scratches. The elastic band keeps the flap shut but I wouldn't trust it to stop your macbook sliding out if you picked the case up upside down. I'm not sure how well the felt will last but someone has pointed out that felt was used for hats and boots in olden times so perhaps it will do better than I think.

Overall this is a simple but effective case and good value for just over £10.
on 18 February 2015
I don't often review cases etc unless I'm particularly impressed. This case is perfect for a MacBook. Being very "particular" with everything I buy, I don't like settling for something that will just do. I've tried numerous cases for my MacBook and all have them have been ok but lacking somewhere. IE they were either too bulky with plenty of protection or too flimsy. I've tried all price ranges from £10-£100. This is one of the cheapest I've tried, if not THE cheapest. It's perfect for light day to day use and offers fairly good protection when travelling too. If you're prone to dropping your Mac on concrete then this might not be ideal for you but, if you're sensible its going to be all you need. It's lightweight with a nice lining so the felt doesn't shed fluff into the ports. Pocket on the front for phone , notepad and possibly the charger but this might add bulk to it. Simple elastic loop to hold the flap in place too and does the job. No buckles, studs or zips to scuff the Mac which some cases seem to have. Best of all it looks smart and discrete. Other cases scream "MacBook" which I personally don't like. Either that or they have an ugly logo blasted across the front of the case. This has a small tag which you hardly notice. From a distance it could easily be a file for paperwork which should deter MacBook thieves. Adds very little weight to the MacBook too.Overall, a really great case for the average user. If I was going to be harsh I would say it won't offer full drop protection (although it might) but if you drop your Mac on concrete you don't deserve a Mac.
on 25 February 2014
Lovely case, the lining is very soft and the padding is good enough to give me a little peace of mind.

That being said, it is ever so slightly small, so that the first couple of times of getting it in and out were challenging to say the least. I ended up needing to pull so hard to get it out that when it finally came out there was so much momentum in it I wacked it into my ribcage and I now have 3 bruised ribs. (Injuries are conditioned on you being an absolute numbnut- don't expect this kind of damage if you aren't very special like me…)

I've given it a good old stretch and it is getting easier with each time I do it. The only reason I am sharing my humiliation is so that you don't buy this thing in the hope of looking all fancy at an important meeting and then have to look like an idiot wrangling with your lovely new laptop case infront of your new boss.
on 21 June 2014
okay yes a bit of a cheapskate... didn't want to spend too much even though the macbook retina pro 13 inch cost a small fortune.

just wanted something for now that looked decent and protected this.

this does the trick and looks great. yes it's a sleeve and won't protect if you drop it on the floor, but does provide the scratch and light protection for ordinary use.

fits just right with just a tiny extra bit of room so not a struggle to slip on.
on 16 September 2015
I purchased my self a macbook pro for college and I know that I would have needed a case for it so It will be protected when I am carrying it around college in my backpack. The case comes with another little case which is quite nice I don't really know what you would place on this maybe a mouse possibly anyway its a nice addition. The case is well made and the material is high quality and will last for quite a while. Inside of the case it is lined with microfibre which is good as you don't want any scratches on your mac when it is inside the case. The slot is large and it just about fits the mac with a bit of extra room so it wont be a tight squeeze.

In the front of the case there are some pockets where you would add some of the cables you might want to bring with you. When you want to close the case there is a flap and then you can secure it with the black strap so it doesn't just randomly fall off which is a good feature. The case isn't very heavy at all and that is quite impressive considering the case is so well made.

Overall the case is a really good investment with your macbook pro that you know cost quite a lot and there is enough padding on the case for you to feel quite good that it wont scratch or get dented on your backpack.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2013
I was was very wary ordering this sleeve for my Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro but I have been pleasantly surprised with the quality of the case and the speed of delivery. Recommended sleeve.
on 4 February 2014
Well made, good looking and practical. Goes well with the minimalist feel of a Mac book. Would recommend to all.