Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Style Name: Macbook Air 11 inchChange

on 31 July 2014
This product fits like a glove, it's perfect and looks really good on the laptop. It does not spoil the look of the MacBook Air because it's clear, looks very stylish and not bulky at all. I don't understand the review that has marked product down due to it getting scratched and slipping around. Firstly......well the case is to protect the laptop so better the case gets scratch than the actual laptop. It really does not scratch that easily unless you are very careless with it. The laptop is quite solid and I found no issue with it slipping around, again with force and a slippery surface, I guess it will do. However I have had no issue with this. I wanted to make these points as these comments almost put me off buying it, as I'm the type that always looks at the negative reviews first. That said I took the chance and really glad that I did. I don't always write reviews but felt I had to because this is a really good product totally fit for its purpose.
22 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 March 2013
Really pleased with this case. It comes as two separate pieces, a base that fits underneath the MacBook and a lid that clips to the top. It's relatively straightforward to attach both pieces and they aligned nicely, it's a very good snug fit, yet I never felt worried it would scratch the laptop while I fitted it. There are vents on the bottom to allow heat to escape and cutouts along the sides so the ports are always accessible. It's made for, and fits, a June 2012 MacBook Pro 13".

The case may well show the odd scratch as it ages, but better a scratched case than a scratched MacBook...

The big side benefit for me is I no longer feel the need to put the MacBook on a book or similar while using it on my lap - the case itself provides that protection.
on 4 April 2015
I bought almost exactly a year ago and I'm rather disappointed to say that it has not faired very well. Within a few months of purchasing the case, it chipped on the bottom case part where it holds onto the laptop (it had not suffered ANY falls and even to this day has only had maybe one fall from a short distance) yet currently it scarcely holds onto the bottom of my laptop because all the little pieces of plastic have chipped off and even the one of the rubber grip on the back have fallen out! Given the price I would have expected far better! It is incredibly useful for preventing scratch marks on your actual laptop although it can gather grit and dirt inside the case so it needs some maintenance. The shell case has also developed a lot of scratch marks. Currently looking into buying a zip case to use over the top of the current case because I'm not sure how much longer the bottom will half of the case will last :S
on 12 July 2015
These cases are great when you first get them - they snap on snugly and look very slick. The rubberised feet keep your Macbook in position nicely.

However, I have had 2 of these now and I definitely won't be buying a third one. After two or three months' usage the very brittle plastic starts to chip and crack at the corners, and where the case snaps onto the lid and keyboard of your Mac. This has happened on both of the cases I purchased, and it feels like a design error. I am careful with my Mac, and additionally put it in a neoprene sleeve when travelling, but it did not prevent the second case going the way of the first.

Given these are not exactly cheap (for a bit of plastic), I think in the long run, whilst they are stylish and work for a while, they are not value for money.
on 25 December 2014
Bought this in March for Retina 13 Macbook, the lower part of the case has now cracked on both the two rear corners. - Really not well designed. I feel I must also mention that I have been extremely gentle with the case and not put it under any significant stress. This fault could be easily avoided if they opted for a more robust ABS plastic or a slightly softer more flexible plastic. The plastic used has a nice finish (looks great) but is inherently brittle. I am disappointed as this isn't a 'cheap' case and revered as one of the more established macbook casing brands.
review image
22 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 March 2015
Great protective case, it keeps my Macbook safe, without ruining the look or feel of it, or adding to much weight to it. Unfortunately within an hour of putting the case on, I crashed my mini helicopter into it, scratching it up (yes, I am an adult!) This oddly made me love it even more as it genuinely saved my Macbook from certain destruction (or rather, damage)!

A year on and I still have the same case on my Macbook, its worse for wear, but when I take it off the Macbook is like new still, so its a valiant protector and one in which I would not hesitate to buy again should I ever be so stupid to fly my mini helicopter inside the house again, let alone near my Macbook!
on 29 December 2013
I bought this for my partner as part of his Christmas present and he loves it.
It fits perfectly the MacBook Air mid 2013.
on 10 February 2015
Item works just fine. However, beneath the sticky plastic protection layer stuck to the case was a lot of hair. And not just tiny ones from clothing, but a long human hair. Not only does this suggest a lack of care in service, but it meant I had to remove and replace the case three times before I was able to get rid of all the hair trapped under it. Time consuming, annoying, and really hard to take the case off once it's on.
So as you can imagine I was less than impressed with the service from the item provider.
As I said though the product itself is great.
I received my item from Modern-Tech for those of you wondering.
on 15 April 2015
This is one thing I would definitely recommend to anyone wishing to protect their expensive laptop!
I spent £2,400.00 on my Macbook Pro and its additional bits and pieces. I have had it for 4 weeks and this reasonably priced cover MOST DEFINITELY PROTECTS MY LAPTOP! Just had a situation where I stupidly left the laptop exposed sitting on a chair and the dogs must have tried to jump up onto the windowsill because when I came back it was scratched from their claws. Off course it is not great that it now has scratches however I am very very relieved that my actual laptop was not scratched. Phew!
on 6 May 2015
After buying the new 2015 macbook pro model, I searched for literally hours on end for the very best case to protect it. A few negative reviews on the Speck case made me think twice, but in the end I just took the mindset of 'you get what you pay for' and bought it from the Apple store.

It really is perfect. It fits perfectly, looks good, and most important completely protects the outer casing of the macbook. All I say is that if you're in two minds about which case to choose or wondering whether this is worth spending the money on, my answer is yes, most definitely. It's perfect.