5.0 out of 5 stars Big Speck Products Fan
I have been a bid fan of Speck Products since my first case a little over 3 years ago.

This is another good quality product from Speck.

Yes it is a bit expensive for essentially a couple of bits of plastic, but when you look at the cost of the laptop it will be protecting, it isn't really all that high.

Some reviews have said that small...
Published 18 months ago by boldilox

3.0 out of 5 stars Matt coating not up to scratch!
Published 5 months ago by Mr. P. Blakemore

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Speck Products Fan, 29 Nov. 2013

This is another good quality product from Speck.

Some reviews have said that small specks of dust can get between the case and the laptop and cause some minor scratching. Yes that is true, but as long as you are careful this shouldn't be an issue. I have Speck cases on 3 other laptops and have not found any scratches caused by dust on any of them.

Just make sure you clean both the inside of the case and the body of the laptop with a lint free cloth before putting it on the laptop. Although I very rarely remove the Speck cases from any of our laptops, you could always periodically remove the case and clean (if you feel you are working in a dusty environment).

Still a highly recommended product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Matt coating not up to scratch!, 29 Nov. 2014
Mr. P. Blakemore (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived today. Quality isn't great if I'm honest, the inside of the case itself was very dusty and needed a good clean with a microfibre cloth. I got the bottom case on fine, though it was a bit of a scrape to get my MacBook Pro in but it didn't scratch. Top case was also dusty, and even trickier to get on. Just had to go with a leap of faith and push it on until the tabs clicked into place. I closed the lid and noticed a scratch in the centre of of the top case! On closer inspection the scratch turned out to be what looks like a defect in manufacturing where the matt soft touch coating hadn't been applied properly. Then I noticed another patch, and another. In total there are 4 areas on the lid that have the small patching effect.

If this were a £10 case I might let it slide, in fact I probably wouldn't but being £35 for 2 bits of plastic it's already expensive. To come with dust on the product and scratches on it because of bad manufacturing what has my money been spent on? Probably cost all of 50p to make, or that's how it looks to me.

Plus sides - it looks good before noticing the scratches. Feel good in hand and should do a good job of protecting my Mac. I am worried about the plastic tabs breaking off but will report back if that happens.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best hard case for MacBook Pro with Retina display, 30 Jan. 2014
I've been deciding a long time what to get for my 13" Retina MBP and i was really leaning towards cheaper alternatives.

However, I decided to go with the renowned Speck cases and I certainly don't regret it. The fit is perfect, the matte finish is awesome and doesn't leave any fingerprints at all (there are some matte finishes witch do). The laptop is very well protected, both the top and the bottom. The bottom legs are very well made, much better than the MacBook's original ones. The apple logo glows in myst when turned on - this is both aesthetically pleasing and not disturbing.

One small con is that the two parts of the case certainly make the laptop heavier and just a little bit bulkier. It seems that I now have a regular MacBook Pro 13"*. Therefore I think this cases are good for Airs and Retina's, but not so much for the fat Pros. If you value the low weight and size of your Air/Retina and don't want to increase them in any way, look for a sleeve or small thin laptop bag.

In the end I just have to mention once more the awesome matte finish. It just makes you wanna touch your MacBook all the time :) It is that good! And probably the main reason I loved this case from first sight.

* A week later I've decided to check the added weight and bulk. According to my readings, the MBP 13" Retina (1.6kg, 19mm thick) with the case on gets 2.1 kg and around 24mm thick. So basically, yeah it becomes the size of a fat MBP 13" and even a little bit more. But I still don't regret about buying this case. The protection, the matte feel, and the change of style are good reasons to keep it on all the time. I have also a light pouch, which I now don't have to use when putting the laptop in my backpack or just carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 20 Jan. 2013
This is my first Speck product and i have to say the quality, look and feel of this cover is excellent! Had the cover fitted in about 20 seconds with no issues what so ever. The cover looks very smart with the apple logo shining through the top cover, And there are rubber feet on the bottom cover to save scratches etc. The clips on the cover are very sturdy but also very subtle. I looked at quite a few snap on covers online and in store at my local Apple store and was recommended this model for my retina Macbook Pro, haven't looked back and would definitely buy Speck products for my Mac in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case, 14 Nov. 2013
I cannot fault this item. If you are looking for a protection case for your macbook that fits perfectly and looks great this is for you! Don't go for the cheaper options, you are paying for quality here and this will last!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit....., 6 Feb. 2014
I have been looking a cheapish case for ages for my macbook pro retina.... and i stumbled across this case. I had a look online and found that in the apple store it was selling for £45, so not even is this product cheaper on amazon i think this is best brand to get for apple macbook, its a perfect snug fit and does not wabble or move around at all, lovely texture feel also. 5 stars in my book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says., 12 May 2013
If you want a case to prevent those little knocks and bumps to your MacBook Pro then this is the product for you. Fits very well and the 'satin' feel is rather nice. While it does increase the thickness of your MacBook, it is very a very subtle increase and not really noticeable.

Would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MacBook Pro case, 3 Feb. 2014
Great case the best MacBook Pro case I have ever bought matt feeling is great and also it doesn't get scratches easily

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine for a couple months, 10 Sept. 2014
Worked fine for a couple months, then a rear corner snapped off after a 1-inch fall onto the desk as I was taking it out of my bag. Shortly after, the other rear corner snapped off as I removed the case to clean it. At this point I noticed one of the small lips had also snapped off. (Could have happened any time. It didn't really affect use so I never noticed.)

Generally, it was just a brittle product, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking to protect their expensive laptop.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cracks/chips with continued use, overall not worth the price, 18 Jan. 2015
Having had the product clipped to my laptop for 12 months straight now I can tell you that while it has done the job of protecting my computer, it does suffer badly from wear and tear. I am careful with it however the following have occurred:

On the bottom of the case, the LHS back corner clip (where the power socket is) has broken off.
The RHS front corner has also chipped off, and there's a crack from the edge of the case to both the rubber feet on the front. All this means there's not much keeping it on - just the one RHS corner clip and the snug fit to hold it to the computer.

I received this as a Christmas gift. Had I paid for it myself I think I would be even more disappointed (warranting a 1 star review instead perhaps)... For the price you'd expect it to be crack-proof!

Before I got this case I had another one which I had paid £15 for. While the cheaper case is flimsier, I preferred it overall as it wasn't as brittle and had a matt finish, so it didn't show the scratches as much as this one does.