5.0 out of 5 stars Great music from 1960 to 1962, 26 Sep 2013
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I Just Love The 60s (Audio CD)
This set is neatly divided into four parts

CD 1 - mainstream pop
CD 2 tracks 1 to 17 - easy listening
CD 2 tracks 18 to 25 - pop-country and folk
CD 3 - TV, stage and cinema music

CD 1 contains plenty of famous classics with the occasional less obvious selection, notably Night train (James Brown) and the original American version of Tell him (Exciters).

CD 2 alsso contains plenty of classics. I particularly like the pop-country and folk tracks, and the way they are programmed consecutively. Within the UK, I can't stop loving you (Ray Charles) is the most famous, but there is an early Bob Dylan track (House of the rising sun) and classic songs by Skeeter Davis (End of the world) and the Eooftop singers (Walk right in) among others.

CD 3 contains a lot of tracks that I didn't previously own, because I'm not a collector of theme songs as such. The highlights for me are mostly those tracks I already owned, but the themes to Steptoe and Son, The Flintstones and Top Cat brought back some great memoreies.

This is a great budget collection at a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Music,But I thought it was gonna be in a tin??, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: I Just Love The 60s (Audio CD)
The picture is a bit misleading,i actually thought "wow!",a NON re-recorded collection in a tin,but how wrong i was,disappointed,but it does'nt affect the quality of the music,all original recordings,great selection,packaging wasnt what i expected but definately 4 stars for the crackin selection track list.

4.0 out of 5 stars misic, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: I Just Love The 60s (Audio CD)
Y husband once again chose this CD because it was another one he hadn't got in his collection of CDS.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love the 60's, 14 Jan 2014
W. westwood (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Just Love The 60s (Audio CD)
Brought for a Christmas present was well received and best of all amazon send all the songs for you to down load with there amazon player at no extra cost

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun 60's Flashback!, 16 July 2014
This review is from: I Just Love The 60s (Audio CD)
Original Hits, and the sound is very good! Three CD's, with many biggies and lesser known sounds. Disc #3 treats the listener to, among other treats, TV and Movie themes. This inclusion is a plus if one wants to travel back in multi-media fashion, but for me is a modest negative in that it doesn't really "fit" the other two CD'S. I don't tend to want to hear #3 along with #'s 1 and 2. I tend to wish for a disc #3 that flows more smoothly with the others. TV themes and movie tracks seem to satisfy a different craving and would be a better fit on an "All TV/ Movie themes" release. Having said that, this is a really enjoyable collection I recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 5 April 2014
This review is from: I Just Love The 60s (Audio CD)
This along with the seventies is my favourite era of music, it always has been and always will be, they don't make them as good as they used to back then, and they do is re-make them.

4.0 out of 5 stars good selection of tracks., 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: I Just Love The 60s (Audio CD)
As a fan of 60's music I found this item to contain a wide range of different types, great selection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 July 2014
This review is from: I Just Love The 60s (Audio CD)
More of my kind of music.

I Just love The 60s