Format: Audio CDChange

on 12 August 2013
Having praised their debut recording Foogy, I never thought it could be matched but it has, another sublime cd from magical musicians who keep producing such high quality material that is beautifully played with both instruments in total harmony.
There are six tracks for me are as good as anything I've heard them play The Auld Harp, Little Fiddler in the Fire, Ballongan, Flying Reel, the beautiful January Lament and my favourite Vändningen.
Fans of Fiddlers Bid and the mighty Väsen get the best combination of two instruments that are perfect together. What can you say about Olov Johansson and Catriona McKay that would do their talent justice. If you are not fortunate enough to see their thrilling live performance then this is the next best thing.
on 7 November 2013
This CD needs to be played on an excellent audio system to gain the full subtlety and tonal quality from these instruments played by true masters. I listened to it in the car and yuk! On the home stereo Wharfdale 12" speakers, wow!
on 8 March 2014
I heard this duo on the Celtic Connections page of the BBC and after listening to them decided to buy the album. I was not disappointed and think the mix of Scottish and Scvandanavia is just brilliant
on 22 January 2014
Bought for a harpist who has most of the repertoire already on CD but this was a new one. Thoroughly enjoyable.