5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality
Published 6 months ago by Nicholas Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE
I guarantee the good reviews you read will have been made upon first getting the camera.

I read the bad reviews and took notice that customers had problems with parts breaking due to flimsy and tiny connections and so took extra care when handling the camera.

Published 3 months ago by Yvonne Wheatley

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ltl Acorn 5210A 12MP Wildgame Spy Stealth Scouting Trail Hunting Camera PIR Infrared Night Vision + 8G SD Card (Sports)
Quite easy to get up and running and quality of photos and videos is excellent when viewed on laptop. It really fooled us when we used it for the first time because it is so quiet that we didn't realise it was working, we got some really strange photos! The set-up instructions are easy to follow apart from the date, which isn't clear whether it is day or month to be entered first, easily changed though (you enter the month first).
We have used it in 1 shot + 10 second video which has produced excellent results. We have only used it indoors to record the cat activity at night in our house, the imaging in complete darkness is fantastic. It is stable enough to sit on a low shelf and sturdy enough to not be knocked over by inquisitive noses. We used ordinary batteries without using the additional battery box and so far, after 3 nights of recording for 8 hrs per night, the batteries are still showing 2 out of 3 bars. It is designed in such a way that there are lots of ways to fix it to furniture, outdoors etc, so we will be able to try various locations for viewing nighttime garden activity during the summer.
A good buy, would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, 15 Nov 2013
Just used this camera and it show excellent quality photos of three rats having fun in my garden.
Very easy to use, waterproof because it was raining last night and light with easy to attach mouldings on the back. I attached mine to a tree stump with two zip ties.
I was only using the one photo per minute but you can set to more or video which I havn't used yet. I have already ordered another one for my Dad. Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Another rolling review, 13 Mar 2014
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Length:: 0:10 Mins

I purchased this item partly as a security camera and partly to photograph the local wildlife which come into our garden, which includes badgers, deer, foxes, feral cats and the like. It comes complete with a memory card, but I suggest budgetting another 15.00 for the 8 re-chargeable batteries you can fit, although 4 will suffice.

Set up is incredibly easy to achieve and it is ready to go in minutes of opening the box. I inserted 8 re-chargable batteries, which I feel should last for about 2 months or so in normal use. There are some excellent reviews here so I will not go into the technical details, but I can honestly say that it does produce some good images, it is hard to detect if you place it, as I have on a fence post, but it is here that I suggest a warning! I full intended to place some images to accompany this review, however, whilst there was some considerable activity in our garden, mainly the coming and going of legitimate human visitors, where I installed it I forgot that, when open, our house gates obscured the camera. So after a week, I have lots of pictures of half of the postman obscured by the gates, similar with other delivery drivers and the tooing and froing of our family. Similarly, if you are not careful you get an awful amount of solar flare, so it is a bit like going back to the basics of photography and you need to think of where the sun will shine from to prevent you images being spoiled by the sun; obvious really, but you tend not to think of this when installing the item on a cloudy day.

So what are the images like? Well from what I have seen so far, pretty good. The video quality is relatively poor, akin to what you would expect from a CCTV image; not sure what individuals expect, but the still images are pretty good. It works well during the day and the IR function produces nice black and white images at night. Interesting though, that I have lots of images of me taking the dog out at night, but wildlife I have none, which once again suggests that I have it in the wrong location. Might I therefore suggest to the potential or new purchaser that they, like me, need to consider where to locate this item and that the location might need to be changed a few times before you get it quite right.

I need to re-site the camera at the weekend, but might I suggest that you do check soon after installation, as I have that the camera is in the right place! Ours is, but I forgot the gate! more to follow.

I have re-sited the camera but once again I need to fine tune it! I would like it to undertake a further role of providing us with images of those people visiting our property, which it does, yet I still have not got it quite right! Interesting picture of the deer though, nothing of value at night, which is a great shame, but again, I think that this is because I do not have the camera situated in the right place. I will probably fix the camera to a stake; a fence post and move it around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun, 5 Jan 2014
Bought this as a present for my husband and he's had great fun since putting it in various places and reviewing the results. Great for finding out whats roaming in the garden at night or no ones around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good For Security, 12 Jan 2014
Can Be Easily hidden Needs 8 Good battery's Alkaline or High Rated rechargeable.
8 Gig Card Should Be sufficient.
Also waterproof good in poor weather.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE, 28 April 2014

The pictures and videos are fantastic but the item only worked for a couple of months when the hinges on the flap holding the batteries broke, additionally access to the menu stopped.

Initially the company offered to send me a replacement flap to the batteries which I accepted but made the mistake of mentioning that if it did not rectify the problem I would have to send the camera back for investigation - consequently they have completely ignored me, and did not send the battery flap.

I spent 111 for an item which worked for a couple of months and did not use in bad weather and it is now a completely useless expensive item. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.

I will try and upload a copy of the photo I sent to the company showing what good condition the camera is in and how I had looked after it, also showing the tiny hinges and how one was broken. Good luck and I advise you buy a different item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uotdoor camera, 15 Aug 2013
This is a brilliant piece of aquipment. Easy to use and set up, very clear pictures. I bought it for my husband as a present and he is very pleased indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jun 2014
This is really good & does 'what is says on the tin'. We have moved it around the meadow & woodland & have got some good photos of birds, deer, etc. It is very easy to use & was a great present. I would heartily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Camera, 7 July 2014
This trail camera was bought as a present for me as I am a wildlife fanatic and it didn't disappoint ..!! I took fantastic photos and videos of all the local wildlife including birds ...badgers ...and feral cats ...The photos and videos were of exceptional quality and very clear ..slight fustration ..it doesn't say whether it is waterproof or not ...so far left out in the rain twice and still works fine !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 April 2014
Just what I wanted.It works well in the space and is not too sensitive!! It seems to cope with the rain OK