4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting book
I love the cover of this; it's very evocative. It caught my attention straight away. I should probably say that if a cover doesn't look very good, I'm not very likely to read the synopsis. I know it sounds bad, but it's how I choose my books. (This isn't always the case, I might add, but generally it is.)

The story was just as good as the cover with some hot...
Published 17 months ago by Leanne Crabtree

I normally buy Cynthia Eden books, but I much prefer her paranormal tales, so I was pleased to get this ebook for free in exchange for a review.

Published 19 months ago by Roroblu's Mum

3.0 out of 5 stars Started off well, but with mention of just one character, the author gave the baddie's identity away., 15 Jun. 2013
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mine To Take (Mine - Romantic Suspense Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The premise sounded like the thing of great romance novels: the leads met as teens, fell in love, split, then when she needed help and had no-one to turn to, she sought him out and once again the attraction and love between them blazed...However, there wasn't enough of a back-story to make this as romantic and angsty as it needed to be, and finding out about her X number of lovers who potentially could have been the baddie was a bit TMI. Realistic, but not romantic and a bit off-putting.

When the male lead forced her to name and tell him about all said lovers, I immediately knew who'd end up being the baddie, and I wasn't wrong. Whilst this sort of worked, said baddie's obsession didn't ring true, though the author did do well to provide a slight red herring in the form of another slightly obsessive character. There were a couple of love scenes, and whilst they were CE's typically hot ones, they lacked depth, and the tale lacked length and depth to make it believable.

Still, a decent enough read that could have been great with just a tiny bit of tweaking.

E-book courtesy of NetGalley in return for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting book, 4 Sept. 2013

The story was just as good as the cover with some hot scenes and an engaging storyline.

This is my third book by Cynthia Eden (Bound In Sin and A Bit of Bite, are the other two) and I've enjoyed all of them. Her style of writing and the characters she creates are extremely engaging. This was no exception.

Trace was hot. The obvious desire he had for Skye was captivating and I was engrossed in their back-story and what started it all off between them and how he was going to get her back after letting her go ten years ago. He was so intense but it didn't come across as annoying, to me it came across as passionate and almost desperate.

Skye was strong and somewhat stubborn but I'm surprised she didn't break under the mounting pressure of the stalker. At certain points she just seemed so fragile but she always came out more determined. I liked that about her.

Not to mention the whole stalker issue and them trying to figure out who it was. I had a few suspicions about who it might be and questioned myself throughout about my thoughts when further information came out. I wasn't quite expecting who it turned out to be either, not until right near the end.

If you like a domineering guy, then this is right up your street. If you like romantic suspense, then you'll love this. I'm looking forward to reading more books from the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 1 Aug. 2013
another great story from one of my favourite authors. ive never been disapointed yet with any books by this author. i was sucked into the story from the very first page and the action and romance keeps you interested all the way through to the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story of suspense, 16 Jun. 2013
Sandy S. (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
MINE TO TAKE is the latest release in Cynthia Eden's contemporary romance, suspense series of novellas. And I must say this story kept me guessing until the final chapters. I am one of those readers and movie goers who can guess the outcome within the first couple of chapters or few minutes of a show, but in this particular story Cynthia pulled me in and I was second guessing myself throughout the novella.

Skye Sullivan knows she has a stalker but the authorities have no eye witness, no tangible evidence and only the word of a woman who has suffered terribly from a car accident where she claims she was being followed. And throughout the years Skye has felt a presence-someone or something-that is always watching and waiting. But all too soon the `stalker' ramps up his M.O and the stalking becomes personal. Enter Trace Weston-a childhood friend and the only man Skye has ever loved. Years before, when Skye's career as a professional dancer was about to take off, Trace pushed Skye away and her heart and soul were lost-forever.

Trace is a billionaire who owns a private investigating firm and Skye's last chance to uncover the person behind the attacks. When the attacks become physical and no one has yet to see any proof that her attacker is real, the authorities (and Skye) begin to question her sanity. When the truth is finally revealed no one is more shocked than Skye because the person behind the attacks is someone she had grown to trust.

MINE TO TAKE is a story of suspense and love. There were so many possible suspects that Skye herself believed she had been betrayed by the very people who promised to keep her safe and out of harms way. Cynthia takes the reader on a roller coaster ride of emotions, fears and a psychological nightmare. And the only person who knew that it was not the imagination of a crazy woman-was Skye herself. We are pulled into one woman's nightmare as she endeavors to start her life over following the accident that nearly ended her life and into another nightmare where every move and action is watched and followed. Another fantastic storyline from the pen of Cynthia Eden.

see all of my reviews at : thereadingcafe(dot)com

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit rushed, 22 Jun. 2013
I enjoyed this book but felt it was a bit rushed - not enough background information and not enough time spent on each incident - could have been a lot better as the story line was a good one but having said that I did enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars grabs you by the balls and doesnt let go!, 8 Oct. 2013
This book grabs you by the balls and doesnt let you go until the very end.

Mine to Take is full of suspense, intense drama, pain, love, mystery, romance this book has it all. The plot is fantastic and the characters are well rounded and have great chemistry.

Trace is a true billionaire bad boy and you cannot help but to love him, the lengths he will go too, to protect the love of his life is astonishing. He is deeply dark and very intense, almost dangerous in the way he loves Skye, but it just works.

Skye and Trace are truly beautiful together in a bad sort of way, they have the kind of relationship that can heal you or destroy you and the story keeps you guessing throughout.

The story is a roller coaster ride that has you on the edge of you seat trying to work out who the bad guy is, we get his POV at times but it still doesnt become clear until the very end.

This book packs one hell of a punch and i loved it!
I am moving straight onto the next book in this series Mine to Keep.

4.0 out of 5 stars Suspensefully romantic - thoroughly enjoyable., 12 Sept. 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
So if you like romance with a bit of an edge, then you are sure to enjoy this book. In most romance novels love is never easy but add in a physco and elements of doubt then 'ouch' this book will burn your fingers with it's intensity. Hot characters and an ever hotter plot, a total page turner for wanting to find out 'who is doing it'.

This book I feel just has the right amount of everything; sass, steam, dominance, intrigue, mystery and suspense and lets say about the hot bit again ;0) as we cant deny we all enjoy a bit of hot on the side.

First book I've read by Cynthia and it certainly won't be the last. Wondering where book 2 can go after this, I am certainly intrigued already.

4.0 out of 5 stars MINE TO TAKE, 27 Jun. 2013
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Skye Sullivan was a prima ballerina until the car accident. Skye believed she had been run off if the road, but the NYPD could find no evidence. Skye knew better, someone was stalking her. They had been in her home moving things, letting her know that they had been there. After the accident Skye moved to Chicago, but the stalker seemed determined to keep her within their sights. Desperate Skye turned to the only man who could help her, Trace Weston. Ten years previously Trace had broken Skye's heart, both products of foster care, Trace had always been her protector. Skye had fallen in love with him, then Trace had told her to get out of his life. Trace was now a very wealthy man, owning and running his own security firm.

When Skye comes face to face with Trace after ten long years the connection is still strong between them sparking back to life. But Trace had broken Skye's heart. Even though he was the only man she had ever loved, she could not get past that.

This is a well written romance with an OTT alpha male lead. Trace Weston is a single minded and possessive man, who's determined to protect Skye no matter what. It was very easy to predict who the baddie was. But then I think the author quite deliberately gave the reader such strong clues. Not that it matters, as the main attraction was Trace and Skye's intense relationship.
I really enjoyed this story, it's fast paced with plenty of action.
ARC courtesy of Cynthia Eden and NetGalley

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 1 July 2013
Great, well rounded characters, suspense, romance and the all important ingredient, Cynthia Eden. Her writing is awesome as always :-) x

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark obsession within a fast paced well executed plot., 4 Dec. 2014
Thought I would give this author a try as this book was free. Sometimes you get a real gem and this was one of those occasions. I loved the darkness in the main character Trace. His single minded obsession with Skye would normally be disturbing and in many ways was uncomfortable to read but I could not help but fall for him. Great plot, well written, with lots of twists and turns. Short review ass I keen to start book 2.