4,754 Reviews
 (3,687)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Amie C

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Parcel Force
The product is absolutely what you would expect, a gift card, but I chose to have the next day delivery as this was a present. I simply thought there would be no issue with being out when it was delivered as it is low value and fits in a letter box, but because next day delivery is delivered by parcel force they insisted on taking it to the nearest post office as I was...
Published 4 months ago by Ali B

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice gift card, 12 Sep 2014
Sussman "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Like other reviewers have mentioned what can you write about a gift card? Well in terms of delivery it came within the quoted time frame, and was posted through the door. The card itself was a nice design and you are able to write a little message for the recipient. Inside the card there is your bog standard credit card sized card, with a voucher code. All in all a good product that does what it is designed for, and useful if you are unsure on what to get as present for that special someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal present for that person who is hard to buy for, 10 Dec 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Trying to purchase a gift for one particular friend is always more of a headache than a pleasure. She is one of those people who seems to already have everything that I could possibly think of buying for her. She is also very particular and despite putting on a great show of being pleased I always end up cringing just a little as I realise I have gotten it wrong yet again.

Like myself, my friend buys so many of her things from Amazon so I decided to take what some might see as the `easy option' and buy her an Amazon gift voucher. That way I can't get it wrong and she can buy exactly what it is that she wants.

I chose the gold Amazon boxes card as it looked very Christmassy and the image reminded me of presents exploding from a box. There are a range of other designs that you can choose from, all look equally as nice.

It is easy to choose the value of money that you wish to spend with the following values currently available: £10, £20, £25, £30, £50, £100 and £500.
When you get to the checkout you can indicate that this is to be a gift and it gives you the option to write in your own personal message.

The card and envelope were sealed into an outer envelope which had a perforated seal and the Amazon logo in the top right-hand corner. You can give it just like this but I wanted to check that everything inside was ok. On opening the envelope there was the gift card I had chosen and a white envelope to be used with the card. On opening the card both of the inside faces were left blank with plenty of room for you to hand write your own personal message.

The gift voucher itself was stuck to the inside of the card with that clear non tacky glue which makes it easy to remove without damaging the actual card itself. The voucher is credit card in size, plain black with a large white a and the gold Amazon smiley arrow underneath. The value of the voucher is printed in the top left-hand corner so the recipient can instantly see the value. There is a small typed note underneath which says `see reverse for redemption instructions'.

On the back of the card there are very clear step-by-step instructions telling the recipient how to redeem their voucher. After having received one of these for my birthday the process is very straightforward and I didn't experience any problem claiming the value of the voucher.

The only thing that I was disappointed with was the personalised note that I had written on ordering the voucher. I thought it might be printed inside the card or come on a nice piece of card so that I could pop it in with the actual gift voucher. Instead it was loose inside the packing envelope with the packing slip and some money off vouchers, I missed it the first time. It was printed on a piece of flimsy paper - the same as the packing slip. The Amazon logo was double the size of my message and dominated it. The message itself looked nothing special and I don't think I'm going to bother including it with the actual card. Instead I will handwrite my own greeting. A nice idea from Amazon but it was a disappointment.

Overall, I think these gift vouchers are an ideal present for anyone who loves buying goods from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars When you just don't know what to buy. . ., 13 April 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
or just don't have time to go to the shops because you spend too much time browsing Amazon! Yes! 2 hours have passed and the housework still isn't done :( *goes to plump cushions up before the missus gets in*

I ordered this for my daughters boyfriend for his birthday as he's an awkward bugger to buy for and this enables him to pick his own stuff. I've never bought one before either!

I chose a birthday style and it came in a blank (inside) card with a blank envelope so if you wanted you could just use this as a birthday card too rather than buy one. If you're tight like me!

So he was happy with it and it also enabled him to spend several hours of his life browsing Amazon to spend thirty quid! It's all part of the big plan you know? Get everybody addicted via gift cards. . .

I'll definitely be getting more. See! I'm addicted after only one gift card!

Recommended to all lazy shoppers, if you haven't got time or you're an Amazon addict ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars No Message on Gift Card, 27 Sep 2011
The gift card arrived next day, very pleased, but the card had no message on it which is disappointing when time has been taken to type one, if I had sent it direct the recipient wouldn't have had a clue who it was from.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 years from purchase expiry date, 14 Sep 2014
I wasn't happy about the time it took for Amazon to dispatch a birthday gift card so I would recommend next day delivery. I would rather pick up from the sorting office than not have it on time.

That said, this is the ideal way to do Xmas shopping in advance. Great for anyone who already buys online or uses a kindle etc. Plus free standard delivery would be fine for that.

Another reviewer commented on a 90 day expiry etc. This was the offer she accepted from Amazon. If you go for one of these special offers, YOUR voucher code has an expiry date, most likely a couple of months. ..the gift cards can be redeemed 10 years from the date of purchase! The voucher code can only be redeemed against products sold by Amazon. It did state this in the email I received and just thought I should comment on this in case it put anyone off an otherwise potentially great gift for someone. ..

I do think Amazon seem to be phasing out selling other brands themselves though, making redemption choices limited for their existing customers buying into these deals and spending thier money. Step up Amazon!

2.0 out of 5 stars put a message in it saying happy birthday Barney love from, 31 July 2014
Seemed to be no option to customise this card so it went to my nephew with no message or anything as to who had sent it to him!! I bought it thinking I'd get the option to customise it (i.e. put a message in it saying happy birthday Barney love from...so and so) nbut nothing came up, by which time money was already paid and order placed. Not good customer service, and I won't buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and accurate, 28 Sep 2011
R. Hibben "Knight365" (West Wales UK) - See all my reviews
I was most impressed with the ease of ordering this item. The speed with which my order was processed and shipped was indeed excellent. I had left ordering a little late for a birthday this week, but I need not have worried. Thank you Amazon!

Regards

Roger Hibben

3.0 out of 5 stars No £15 option !!!, 13 Dec 2011
I have sent £15 gift vouchers to my nephews for the past few years - I am sure this is a popular amount. If I spend more here, then I need to spend more on all my nieces and nephews...which would really add up. It is not as nice a present if I print it out myself.
Can Amazon consider adding this amount?
I keep looking as I have a feeling £25 wasnt there before and is now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed next day delivery, 26 Jun 2012
Obviously no quibble about the gift voucher but disgusted at Amazon's response to my enquiry regarding non-receipt to advise they CANNOT GUARANTEE there GUARANTEED NEXT DAY DELIVERY!! Wanted me to wait a week from order date to report non-receipt advising I had to understandably wait a reasonable amount of time to allow for delivery!! This was obviously a gift and took 6 days to arrive!!! Review relates to Customer Service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time and was very well received, 25 May 2014
Mr. A. J. Clarke "Fatpie42" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Very good service. There's nothing more to say. Very happy with the service. Thanks so much for the good work Amazon.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £40  (Christmas Tree Lights)