5.0 out of 5 stars Without doubt 'the best yet'
Published 6 months ago by Shrek

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!!
This hoover was not for me I found bending down to hoover with this machine really hurt my back, I have always had up right hoover but my friend recommended this one, but I had to send it back and I bought a Vax U90 MA-R air reach and love it.
Published 3 months ago by jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Without doubt 'the best yet', 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Miele S5261 2200 Watt Cat and Dog Turbo Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, Red (Kitchen & Home)
I am 53 years old and have had many vacuum cleaners over the years - all sorts and none can match this one. I've been a fan of Dysons mostly, but since getting a dog I found that the air from the vacuum tended to whiff a bit whilst cleaning. I tried replacing and washing the filters etc. and even went so far as to drop a little perfume oil on the filter to cover the 'doggy' smell. I also have a cat, 2 children, a builder husband and 2 wood burners and my front door opens onto a muddy farmyard.

This Miele has fantastic suction (variable for different jobs), is quiet, has a handle that when removed from the flexible tube is slim enough to fit under low cupboards etc. not like the Dyson which has too much bulky plastic on the handle.

The only downside is the need to buy the replacement bags which in the past has deterred me from purchasing. However, once the bag is full of all that smelly dog/cat hair and farm/builder dust, I can simply throw it out and start afresh. Only time will tell if this machine remains my absolute favourite, but for now I can't rate it highly enough. Hope that helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hair today, gone tomorrow!!, 29 Oct 2013
Having read various reviews for Dyson and Miele vacuum cleaners, I opted for the Miele S5261 Cat and Dog Cylinder Cleaner and I am so pleased that I did! There are two dogs in our household who frequently moult; the Miele cleaner gets all the hair and fur up from the floor (carpet and hard floor) every time. I particularly like the variety of settings - especially the 'quiet' setting. I previously had a Dyson, but was finding the emptying of the bagless cylinder frustrating due to the cloud of fine dust that would float up into the air every time I emptied it - a job that really had to be done outside. The Miele dust bags are brilliant - very easy to detach and reattach and all the dust and dirt remains contained within the bag. All in all, a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific suction even on quietest setting, 29 Aug 2013
Have only tried for a short time but the quality of the product seems to be right throughout. Easy to manoeuvre for someone with arthritis and frozen shoulder. looking forward to cleaning for a change!

5.0 out of 5 stars miele vacuum cleaner, 12 Oct 2013
its most impressive piece of machinery its so quiet even at full power my wife can use this without disturbing me whilst I sleep during the day would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best vacuum cleaner you can buy!, 10 Jan 2014
We have owned this incredible machine for over 2 years now, but I'm still amazed at how brilliant it is!

With two cats and a recent move into a new-build house, I simply don't know what I would do without it!

- It has handled the period of new carpet 'moulting' effortlessly
- It consistently gets rid of all the cat hair from rather deep pile carpets. Again, effortlessly!
- It is incredibly quiet, even on most powerful setting
- It is built to last a lifetime: extremely high quality, very solid and sturdy
- It is so powerful, the suction is never insufficient, used to lift the carpets off the floor in our old place
- The suction only drops slightly when the bag is full. Change the bag and you're back in business!

It is head and shoulders above every Dyson we owned in the past!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best vac ever, 30 Dec 2013
This Miele vac is brilliant. What a refreshing change after battling with a very well promoted other brand that had bits of plastic breaking off it regularly and DID lose suction! The Miele is well made and easy to use and store. It's streets ahead of any other model I've had. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars new hoover, 22 Mar 2014
At the moment I have given this 4 star as I just received it this afternoon given it a quick try and so far so good. I replaced my old hoover with this make after reading the good reviews also needed a cat & dog one which my old model wasn't but had for many years and have a white indoor cat now so you can imagine the hairs on everything.
Also the price after having a look at others this price suited me compared to others so hopefully it will be money well spent, wasn't to keen at first because it had bags but thought this could be a good thing as well time will tell and again the price of bags work out ok.
Was very pleased with all the tools its comes with as well.
Hopefully I can send another review in a few weeks time to say if I am going to give it another star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Machine, 15 Dec 2013
O. Northern - See all my reviews
Don't often write product reviews but after about 9 months of ownership I felt I should for the Miele Cat & Dog... why? Well, after 10 years with a number of Dyson models, it's changed my expectations of a home vacuum cleaner.

It can be relied upon to pick up dirt!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat and dog, 23 Feb 2014
The cat and dog was recommend. Great little machine very powerful down sides the power lead not as long as the Henry and the bags are small but won't go back to the henry so what does that say

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 5 Mar 2014
K. Alembick (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great vacuum cleaner - love the way the tools are stored and are easy to access. I love the fact that when you empty out the bag, there is no dust flying everywhere! And yes, I have very fast moulting cats in the house, so I am forever trying to get rid of their fur! Highly recommend it - the power alone, saves so much time. There's no having to go over and over the same spot!