5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts effortlessly, easy to use
For years I have cut my own hair (I am a man) using scissors. The back of the head was never quite right, but then I don't look at it much so I ignored it. Now that I've just tried these power hair clippers, I wish I'd bought them years ago. They make cutting the back really easy and almost foolproof.

I read all the reviews and chose the Remington HC5600, and...
Published 10 months ago by DigitalAuthor

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and reliable, short of accessories
Remington is pretty much my top choice for this kind of product and I've been using their hair clippers for over a decade now. This one is a replacement for my old ceramic blade no-need-to-oil clippers, but the do worn off over time. It has a smooth action and does the job just as well as the old one, so no problems there.

On the minus side, it comes with just...
Published 16 months ago by Klingsor

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and reliable, short of accessories, 17 Oct. 2013
Klingsor (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

On the minus side, it comes with just two adjustable combs instead of half a dozen or so individual combs as on the older models. I can see how this can save money on the production line, but since I crop my hair really short, I'm having an issue not having the possibility to chose the length between '0' and '3'. It's pretty much all or nothing. There is an extra comb for 'stubble' setting that provides a bit more flexibility, but old models with fixed combs were, and still are, much more suitable for those who keep their hair really short. Also, in terms of accessories, there are none. Not even a traveling bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but seriously flawed - not recommended., 17 Jan. 2014
Mr. Colin J. Macdonald (Dundee, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
I have chosen this rating because for me this clipper is virtually unusable. The problem stems from the manufacturer trying to be too clever in designing one attachment for all lengths which is not the easiest to put on and take off. Worse still is the fact that the clipper attachment is not open on the top side and doesn't allow the cut hair to escape, resulting in clogging up several times which is not easy to clear quickly - result is a long time to achieve a haircut. I was using it on the 6mm setting to achieve No2 length. Five or six simple clip on single length attachments would work so much better and is a real shame because it is well made and feels good to use otherwise. Mine is being returned in the post tomorrow - best avoided certainly for short haircuts with attachment on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts effortlessly, easy to use, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)

I read all the reviews and chose the Remington HC5600, and it seems perfect to me. Cuts effortlessly, easy to clean. The plastic comb attachments click into place and are simple to adjust and change. Some reviewers have complained the plastic is flimsy and easy to break. I think the plastic is perfectly adequate, and in proper use should not come under any strain. The clippers are not very noisy in use.

The instructions included are not much use. There are some excellent videos on YouTube showing how to use hair clippers, and I found it helpful and reassuring to watch one or two before my first attempt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great clippers - awful comb system, 8 July 2014
A real Batman (Herefordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
Great product, cuts really well, charges easily (usb), very good charge/cut ratio. Only negative is the clunky comb system - a problem noted by others. I can see why these are available in packs of two as a 'spare part'! Think I'll order mine soon so i have a spare ready...Treat comb with velvet kid gloves or suffer the consequences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Mr. M. Harrison (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
cuts hair really close and lasts months on a charge

2.0 out of 5 stars and the boy looked like he'd been scalped at the end of the haircut, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
Compared to my old Remington clipper, I found this to be quite poorly designed. Unless I was doing something stupidly wrong, when cutting my son's hair. I had to keep removing the attachment as all the cut hair gets trapped inside it. I also found out too late that the adjustment between 6mm and 3mm is quite severe, and the boy looked like he'd been scalped at the end of the haircut, as once I'd started, and he looked like Peter Gabriel in the early Genesis days, I had to continue. I've given two stars, to allow for the benefit of the doubt that I'd managed to use it incorrectly, but the lad now won't let me try it again, so I've had to buy a more expensive Panasonic clipper.

The problem with a lot of these now is that they give you one or two 'adjustable' attachments, when they used to come with several, of all measurements. My old Remington was excellent, but the charger packed up, and I can't find a replacement.

3.0 out of 5 stars No good if u want long setting, 6 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
Bought as it had long comb as I didn't want my sons hair too short, combs easy to attach but a bit flimsy which made it difficult to cut on a longer setting. My son ended up having a short comb which did cut well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. No more need for interchangeable heads for ..., 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
Excellent product. No more need for interchangeable heads for different lengths as this does it all with one adjustable head. Really easy to use and the batter charge seems to last forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trimmer, 7 Feb. 2014
Mr. Mark Hurry (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
This is a replacement for my old Remington. The battery died on the old one after 10yrs. lots of choice but went for this one because it had a Li-on battery and the god reviews. I choose to have cutter on shortist setting so slide movement is no issue for me. The head is a lot bulkier than the old one and takes a little getting used to but it cuts very well and very smoothly, it picks up the wispy bits at the temples really well. I have only used it 3 times but it is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great item at a very reasonable price - it replaced ..., 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Remington HC5600 Pro Power Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
A great item at a very reasonable price - it replaced an earlier Remington model that I had for years and was reluctant to abandon. This replacement is superior!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›