5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great
Published 22 months ago by Brandi

3.0 out of 5 stars It does wobble a bit and squeaks during exercise. ...
It does wobble a bit and squeaks during exercise. It has to be plugged in all the time while I am using a cross trainer bike.
Published 6 months ago by Lina Grincelaityte

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 2-in-1 Cycle Cross Trainer - Black (Sports)
It not only looks good, it was very easy to build by myself, although I needed help to lift one heavy part. Instructions extremely clear. However, on arrival, I thought I had made a mistake in buying it, the contents of the box were everywhere, not neatly packaged, and I was positive bits must be missing or broken. I was wrong! Computer part tightly wrapped and perfectly easy to use with a variety of programmes.
It is very effective as both a bike and cross trainer...I like the variety of the two in one. It squeaks slightly...but just needs a little oil on a part my husband degreased!!! All in all I'm extremely happy with my purchase. It is better looking than most of the other cross trainers, so fits easily aesthetically in our lounge. Seat is padded and very comfortable. It works very well and is easy to use. Even has rear wheels that can be used to move it if needed! Had it for around a couple of months. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I wanted, 15 Jan. 2014
I spent a long time researching to find the right product and definitely made a good choice with this one. The instructions were very clear and the parts all neatly packaged and labelled so assembly took about 90 minutes. With all the programmes and resistance levels I get a great workout at home and it is so quiet I can still use it while the whole family watches TV. It's a very sturdy piece of equipment that couldn't be easier to use. The only negative comment I would have is that I don't get an upper body workout. I'm 5' 8" and while my legs work hard, my long arms barely move when holding the handles. Otherwise a brilliant piece of kit and highly recommended for any fitness level. Makes me smile whenever I walk past it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good piece of kit, 23 Feb. 2014
Very pleased with this. It came very well packed with clear assembly instructions. Took about 3/4 hr to assemble and get working. It is a strong, stable and well built/finished machine. Almost noiseless in operation, quieter than my breathing anyway. We are using it everyday, the programmes certainly give you a good workout.

I think this is a very good machine to build up fitness, although quite pricey, the stability, comfort and monitoring gives you confidence. I am beginning to notice a difference in my fitness.

Would certainly recommend for home use to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, terrific machine, so quiet and easy to use, 8 Aug. 2014
Excellent, cannot fault it.
Didn't take too long to assemble, me reading, OH doing the donkey work. Pretty well explained for the most part.
This machine is really good. We had a much cheaper one for a few years, (no bike, just a cross trainer), which I found ( I am 5 ft and in my early 60s) to be really hard to use, after 5 minutes I had had enough.
This machine moves so easily, with no noise or bumps. This is the quietest machine of its type I have come across.
It is not too big (the other was much bigger) It can be as effortless as you wish or really challenging. The timer is accurate, and the many different programmes take the boredom out of just pedalling etc.
We searched everywhere for the best price and actually found one locally for £20 cheaper, which we were going to have ( delivery extra- this wouldn't fit in an ordinary saloon, a seriously big boot would be needed here), but when we went to pay, wouldn't you know they were out of stock!!!!!
Should have followed my instincts and gone with Amazon. it arrived within 2 days perfectly packaged and we were not disappointed at all. If you want something like this, the option of cycling or crpss training is an excellent idea, you could not do better than this machine. This has a digital readout,Body fat, calories, pulse, time etc. etc all easy to read and understand. Everything is electronic, no batteries, or mechanical adjustments, just a button to press to change modes, times etc. etc.
My daughter ( a regular gym-goer) was amazed "Oh gosh, its just like the ones down the gym" and couldn't believe the price. I cannot see, for ordinary household use, that paying £100s more for another machine would benefit. we are really pleased and cannot recommend this enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 24 Feb. 2014
to start with a fantastic service delivered within 3 days of ordering and assembly only took 35 mins unpacking however took another 10 mins, the cross/trainer is easy to use sturdy and very quiet when in use (recommend)

3.0 out of 5 stars It does wobble a bit and squeaks during exercise. ..., 9 Jan. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Lose them pounds with ease., 18 Mar. 2014
If you cant get on a bike then this is the ideal exercise buddy. Easy to put together with good instructions. Comfortable to use. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well manufactured and easy to assemble., 7 Mar. 2015
Firstly, great delivery experience from Amazon. Product was well packaged. I found it very easy to set up, taking only about 1hr on my own. Really easy instructions to follow and I was presently surprised at the quality of manufacturing. Have only used once so far however seems really good and looking forward to this helping me get back in to shape.

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged, 12 April 2014
Have now had two delivered and both have had to be returned because they were found to be damaged when unpacked.

4.0 out of 5 stars This York Active is a nice size not too bulky but still a solid piece ..., 7 May 2015
After much thought for an exercise machine I decided to go for a cycle cross trainer. This York Active is a nice size not too bulky but still a solid piece of equipment. The only downside is that is making a bit of noise, although it is not unbearable, I am concerned it will increase with time.
Very disappointed with Amazon customer service though. I explained my concern and they automatically ordered a new one without my consent. Although I appreciate them trying to be efficient, it doesn't really help as I also contacted the manufacturer and they were happy to send an engineer around to have a look at it. That would have saved me another hour and a half to put it back into pieces and into the box plus arranging a collection.I must also say that Amazon customer service representatives should have a better understanding of the language.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›