5.0 out of 5 stars The Ruck sack is great
Published 9 months ago by Canadian

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but sizing is terrible!
Published 7 months ago by Nickel

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but sizing is terrible!, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Kerbl Dog Rucksack, Medium, Black (Misc.)
This seems good quality for the price, but the sizing is awful. I had to look several places online (as the listing isn't specific) to determine that the medium is for dogs with an 80-90cm chest girth. That's a pretty big dog! I have a 16kg lurcher with a very deep chest and this came nowhere near fitting her even with the straps tightened up all the way. I do reckon you could fit it to a dog smaller than 80cm around (my dog is about 60cm), but not by much.

Having said that, it seems pretty good quality for the price, doesn't look bad on the dog and the panniers are roomy. Things I liked about the design:
-There's a seperate neck strap. Most backpacks like this have a harness design, so they go down the dog's chest between their front legs and attach behind. This is fine for a lot of dogs, but for very short-haired dogs like mine, the chest plate tends to chafe and rub and cause sores, which I don't think this design would do.
-There's a D-ring to attach a lead directly too, which seems fairly sturdy unless you have a real beast of a dog!
-Most importantly, this sits very much over the dog's shoulders, which is really important for the dog's back. A lot of cheaper models sit on the spine, which causes strain. Dogs can carry a fair amount of weight on their front shoulders, but not their backs, so a lot of similarly-priced designs are downright dangerous; this doesn't seem to be.

In terms of quality, it probably wouldn't stand up to heavy abuse -- if you have a dog who goes off-lead and tearing through the underbrush, it's going to tear. For normal, on-lead walking or a dog who doesn't tend to tear through hedgerows, I think it was last, and if I had a bigger dog I'd happily have kept it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ruck sack is great, 22 May 2014
We were looking for a rucksack for our dog so we needed the right one. we saw the Kerbl and decide to buy it. We were dubious as we have bought a few rucksacks for our dog and they have frayed and had to be thrown away . We were advised to get or dog a rucksack to wear out on his walks as he was hyper. it also allows you to take his water and poop bags. The Kerbl is durable and so far I have not seen any signs of damage. 3mths on and we still have the ruck sack on our dog out on the walks.

5.0 out of 5 stars present for Nelson, 17 Nov. 2013
I bought this for a wonderful Collie/Alsatian cross .
He had one before but not as good as this,
Now he can carry his own water, biscuits and ball to the park!
We're both very pleased with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great doggy bag, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Kerbl Dog Rucksack, Medium, Black (Misc.)
This she actually liked once we were on our way. Tail medium high, not fussed and not scared, clearly comfortable. slightly intrigued she could smell she had her biscuits ;-)Looks great. perfect fit for my medium build Staffy. very durable! she must have knocked about 20 bins with it, drag it along a half mile of walls. still well intact not a scratch. picked her up by the handle twice as well. very happy! My friend has already nick named it the purse!

2.0 out of 5 stars dog rucksack, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Kerbl Dog Rucksack, Medium, Black (Misc.)
It already has several holes in it, although it's worn every day the plastic is quite brittle and small full water bottles have created several holes, which is shoddy I think

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 28 Dec. 2014
Okay, so I ordered this bag for my puppy (5 month old alaskan mal) and she loves it, fit was fine and she seems comfy with it on. Thought id take it out empty just to get her used to it and as we got out the front door the D ring broke off...not a major prob as shes fine with on a coller but, dont trust this to secure your dog! Rest of the walk went fine dog loved it and seemed comfy with it on. Shame about the poor stiching hence the 2 star.

3.0 out of 5 stars I am hoping that the 3rd time we will be lucky as it is made well and would be very useful., 12 July 2014
This review is from: Kerbl Dog Rucksack, Medium, Black (Misc.)
!st one I ordered the clip on the girth was faulty. The 2nd one I ordered (same size) The neck was far too small! I am hoping that the 3rd time we will be lucky as it is made well and would be very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars generous in size, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Kerbl Dog Rucksack, Medium, Black (Misc.)
Bought this for a cocker basset cross breed. Had a job to make it small enough to fit (its generous in size) around the girth but with a few minor adaptations it does the job great.
It fits 2 small water bottles in (1 each side) and still room for keys small first aid kit and snacks.
Over all good quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars I WILL NOT RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT AS SOON AS THERE ..., 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Kerbl Dog Rucksack, Medium, Black (Misc.)
I WILL NOT RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT AS SOON AS THERE WAS A SLIGHT BIT OF TENSION THE STITCHING CAME AWAY AND THE WHOLE THING FELL APART !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars like a second skin..., 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Kerbl Dog Rucksack, Medium, Black (Misc.)
It fits perfectly and has good size pockets and is balanced in such a way that the dog doesn't mind wearing it.

Kerbl Dog Rucksack, Medium, Black