5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a Surprising Punch
Published 11 months ago by RSC

3.0 out of 5 stars fab cd disapointment as not new like seller states
The product was brought as new but when given to my friend as gift it was not sealed and inside were the discs sit the plastic part was chipped... but good cd
Published 7 months ago by jennifer parker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a Surprising Punch, 16 Sep 2013
Pleasantly surprised by how loud and well crafted this album is, I bought it on a whim after listening to Stone Sour constantly for a month and found myself needing something a bit different. I genuinely love it's highs and lows and bought Stand Up and Scream on the back of this purchase. There only a relatively new band but they sound like they have been doing this for quite some time and will continue to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Found them and love them, 25 May 2014
This review is from: From Death To Destiny (Audio CD)
Good old youtube , i stumbled across one of their videos and loved it . A really good mix of heavy and melodic

5.0 out of 5 stars Asking Alexandria, 26 Jan 2014
Asking Alexandria are one of my favourite bands and when I found it on amazon I was over the moon cause I couldn't find it in any shops so naturally as soon as I saw it I placed my order and had it within a few days. It was my Christmas present to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good C.D., 28 Dec 2013
Marie Massey "M Massey" (Staffs, UK) - See all my reviews
My 16 year old son loves this kind of music so obviously he loves the c.d. Very clear with the lyrics included.

4.0 out of 5 stars A gift, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: From Death To Destiny (Audio CD)
CD bought as a Christmas gift for daughters boyfriend. Very happy with it as far as I know. Delivered as promised and packaged well. Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars MP3 digital download didn't include bonus tracks, 5 Dec 2013
I bought the Deluxe Edition and yet in my MP3 downloads, the bonus tracks are not there. Besides that, great.

5.0 out of 5 stars AA still on form, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: From Death To Destiny (Audio CD)
Love this album, especially Don't pray for me & killing you, every album has a few bum songs but the good songs are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 20 Oct 2013
I always loved Asking ALexandria. this album is a slight change to their previous albums, but, for every great band change is a good thing. as long as they keep their music stable and do not linger the wrong way, I am with them !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Great, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: From Death To Destiny (Audio CD)
First off I feel it necessary to point out that I am in no way this bands target demographic - Im a 27 year old male who, for better or worse, should have moved on from this sort of stuff 10 years ago. And for the most part I have, however Asking Alexandria have been somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine these past few years. What they do is simple, but they do it well and I respect them for writing their own songs and performing them with real intensity - I've seen them live twice now and although I could very well have been the oldest person in the room (save for the ear clutching parents at the back), I can't deny they put on a good show. Sure the attitude of pretty much all the band members is pompous and cringeworthy 90% of the time, but I try to ignore that.

This album however is a pretty big shift from their previous releases and marks an obvious upswing of maturity for the band. They have more or less completely ditched those repetitive breakdowns which, if you're a guitar player will be all too familiar with (open.. open....open open open... open open *yawn*), and have replaced them with much more groove and melody. The best way to describe the change is that they've gone more rock and roll but admittedly that analogy doesn't quite fit as the metalcore elements are still very much there, albeit just more muted. They have also completely gotten rid of those, what I assume were meant to be, epic spoken word backed with orchestra segments and thank god they have. Those parts were cringe-bombs going off all over the place on previous albums and its great that I don't have to reach for the skip button in order to end the torment. In fact I don't have to reach for the skip button on ANY track, and that really is saying something about an album. Don't get me wrong, its not a classic 'unskipable' like Dark Side of the Moon or something (and I'm embarrassed for myself that I've mentioned that album here), but its full of decent, riffy hooks which simply don't need to be skipped - no filler here at all.

So in summary I applaud Asking Alexandria for, well, growing up a bit. Their target audience will be doing the same and I hope the increased level of musicianship on display here will not go unnoticed by them. Asking Alexandria will still get hate from most over the age of 20, and I could understand it to an extent even though I do think it's wrong to criticise so blindly. However this album is a step in the right direction and I'm sure will turn a few heads. Give them time and I'm sure Asking Alexandria will be listened to more widely, I just worry it may take at least another couple albums before people realise there is at least something worth listening to with this band.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 9 Oct 2013
Personally I cant stand this group (what a row), but my 15 year old daughter loves it, therefore five stars from her.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

From Death To Destiny
From Death To Destiny by Asking Alexandria (Audio CD - 2013)