5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the future?
When EA announced the title and concept for the last Sims 3 expansion pack, I was a little apprehensive. I've purchased and played every Sims 3 expansion pack, but honestly the concept initially didn't appeal to me at all.

Published 3 months ago by Alexandra

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked the idea of being able to travel around quickly ...
Into the Future gives you a choice of 3 types of worlds to play through - the normal future city of Simtropolis where everything is balanced, a dystopian future where it's all chaotic, and a care-free future full of colour and insane sims that strut wherever they go.

Published 14 days ago by geekgirl101

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the future?, 4 April 2015
This review is from: The Sims 3: Into the Future Expansion Pack (PC) (CD-ROM)

I'm not a sci-fi fan, I hate space and futuristic things as a rule, but when I saw the expansion for a ridiculously cheap price, I resigned myself to buying it just to complete the collection.

When I installed and loaded it up, I wasted no time in getting my simmie sent to the future so I could have a good poke around. Wow - was I pleasently surprised. The sheer amount of content and detail in this EP is staggering. I was initially overwhelmed by not only the graphics (everything looks great) but by all the new sparkly stuff. Within minutes I had looked up my arrogant and destitute descendants, established myself as an up-and-coming bot maker and jet packed my way around the city. I'm hestitant to mention more of the content, because there are dedicated websites on the web with detailed breakdowns of exactly what this EP will add to your game. My only point really, is if like me the idea wasn't really your kind of thing, give it a go anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Into the Future Expansion Pack (PC) (CD-ROM)
I love that you can go into the future and some of the new products are cool.
However you have to constantly travel back and forth as you cannot live in the future, there are no real jobs and no school. Time also doesn't seem to keep moving when you are in the future, people don't grow up while you are away.
My family also got stuck in the future, for some reason one of my sims couldn't travel, I've no idea why. So I ended up deleting the family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great expansion pack, I definitely recommend it., 9 July 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Into the Future Expansion Pack (PC) (CD-ROM)
This expansion pack is great, I didn't imagine EA would release an expansion like this. You can enter 3 different futures that the player can alter themselves, along with meeting future relatives, which I think was pretty creative and pushes the Sims to a whole new level. I'd definitely recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for granddaughter. She loves it. It is ..., 22 July 2015
This review is from: The Sims 3: Into the Future Expansion Pack (PC) (CD-ROM)
Gift for granddaughter. She loves it. It is helpful in her design studies as well as being a game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great expansion, 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Into the Future Expansion Pack (PC) (CD-ROM)
Possibly the best Sims 3 expansion (maybe second to Supernatural). You get Bot building and advanced technology as the main skill builders. You can travel forwards in time and back again. You don't get an additional world to play exactly, but all worlds come with a futuristic example.

You can meet your generations, which the more you breed your sims, the more you have.
You get the option of 'dreaming' as well in the new bed, this often has carryover effects into your sims life which can be useful (ie; dream about a skill and usually get a boost for learning that skill).

I really enjoyed it and if you've got the rest of the sims, I think you won't regret buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2015
This review is from: The Sims 3: Into the Future Expansion Pack (PC) (CD-ROM)
Brilliant game really happy with how fast it was delivered loads of new items

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked the idea of being able to travel around quickly ..., 16 July 2015
This review is from: The Sims 3: Into the Future Expansion Pack (PC) (CD-ROM)

The worlds are quite small and you can only activate one at a time. Your future (and descendants) change depending on how you live out in the present, or you could just live your life in the future taking on unique jobs in astrology and bot making.

There's also some nifty new toys you can take around with you that makes traveling and learning so much faster. With high enough skill you can use a futuristic bed control your dreams that will affect your mood when you wake up, and you can fly around to places almost instantly or use a hoverboard instead of walking which is so much quicker. If you aren't bothered about cooking skill you can use the food synthesizers to conjure up any meal including snacks.

Want an additional house member to do all the cleaning and baby sitting whilst you head out into the city? Then you can buy or create a bot and customize it to your needs.

In the end I didn't find this expansion much to get excited about. I liked the idea of being able to travel around quickly especially in the Adventures expansion where everything is spread out and takes half a day to reach. But I couldn't help but feel like in a way it was cheating by winning big on the lottery to buy the biggest house in the game and teleporting to places with a jet-pack. It was like using Motherlode and Teleport cheats.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 7 July 2015
kush (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Into the Future Expansion Pack (PC) (CD-ROM)
Good fun, with a quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Dec. 2014
works well

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 Jan. 2015
Good game

The Sims 3: Into the Future Expansion Pack (PC)