on 16 April 2015
Having just completed the excellent Twilight Princess on the Wii, I was initially a bit disappointed in Skyward Sword. The graphics seemed odd and start rather slow. The big difference was using (and having to buy!) a Wii motion controller and being much more physically active throughout the game. However, you soon learn to fly on a bird, guide your flying beetle 'grabber' (the best Zelda tool?) and even violently shake off the baddy jelly blob monsters by shaking both controllers side to side in opposite directions.

It is a highly absorbing game with good puzzles and great weapons and tools which are even more fun when upgraded in the bazaar or flying shop.

The end of level baddies take some beating and the timed challenges really get your heart racing.

Played for 40 hours so far and still quite a few to go. Don't be put off by the slow start it soon gets exciting. Thoroughly recommended. 100%!!
on 29 September 2014
It's an ok game but it just isn't anywhere near as enjoyable as the other Zelda games. I slogged through 90% of it but i couldn't force myself to keep pushing through gameplay that wasn't enjoyable.
on 28 September 2014
Got this game for my daughter as a replacement for a defective one she loves the zelda games came quickly and was a good price thanks.
on 20 June 2015
Great game, sometimes the motion control doesn't work the way you want it to but it's perfect apart from that
on 16 January 2015
I enjoyed it but never finished. It was good and I love the music, like many other legend of Zelda games.
on 16 October 2013
This game is immense, both in terms of execution and finesse, and also in terms of size.

It took me close to a year to get anywhere near the end of it, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

There is a great deal of ingenuity - from the combat system that depends on our own skill with the sword (via the wii-remote), to the wealth of clever puzzles, to the map design, to the intricate design of the enemies.

There are some boss battles that are truly epic - The Clockwork Automaton took me almost an hour to defeat (on my third attempt).

The music is also worthy of note, lending a sense of grandiosity, adventure (and sometimes melancholy) to the proceedings.

The overall sense is of playing something quite seamless, that has been structured and planned laboriously and which plays very well indeed.

If the game has any downside it is the graphical style - distant textures are rendered as a mosaic pattern, which lends it the feeling of a watercolour painting at times.

All in all, truly inspiring, and an example of videogame mastercraft.
on 3 September 2015
My son loves this game. Excellent service received from the supplier.
on 7 February 2015
Absolutely fantastic game!! FAR TOO ADDICTIVE!!!
on 29 September 2013
5 year old son enjoyed it a lot. me too btw. straight forward. many options. sword fighting with wii remote. hours of engagement. would buy again.
on 28 December 2013
I bought this as a Christmas gift for someone.
She tells me that it's been fun and represents
a quality product.
I would buy from Amazon again.
Thanks very much.