4.3 out of 5 stars3,445
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£1.89

on 29 April 2013
This is a brilliant book. Awesome. A unique theme very well written. Keeps you guessing right to the bitterweet end. I really couldn't put this book down - make sure you read it in one sitting, you will need to. The story is about Rachel, the central character, and how she comes to terms with how her life changes, and how it affcts those close to her, following a devastating accident. The plot and the characters are really well constructed and I didn't want this book to end. More please from Dany Atkins. At 78p on Kindle it is a shame that this book is not being very heavily promoted. Found it by accident, would have happily paid full price for it and the lack of promotion and the price does not do the author justice.
33 comments244 of 257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2013
I've been looking for a new contemporary romance to read (after ploughing through a lot of pretty sub-par erotica) and came across this novel. I am SO GLAD I FOUND IT.

This is a fantastic debut set in England, telling the story of Rachel, whose life is torn apart after a tragic accident. Five years later, she ends up returning to Great Bishopsford, where she used to live, but a fall lands her in hospital. Waking up she learns her life seems to have fractured - and everything that she thought had happened since the accident never took place. Instead she's in a world where everything is completely different . . . including her fiancé.

This book has everything - genuine, likeable characters and fantastic dialogue (with some definite laugh-out-loud moments), as well as a heartbreaking love triangle at the centre. I can't recommend this enough - but beware of reading the ending in public. I did NOT see it coming and it blew me away!
0Comment154 of 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2014
highly recommended I loved every single page, consistent pace that moves along fast enough to want more yet not too quick that you get confused. a brilliant story by a talented writer one of the best novels I've read to date can't wait for the next book.
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I decided to read this book after reading the reviews. My usual genre is Crime/Thriller and I felt like reading a book without any murders to solve for once :) The idea of parallel lives interested me and I must say I was drawn into the story immediately. Without spoiling the story the book explores two scenarios, two sets of events in the lives of a group of friends who experience an accident together - life could go one way.......... or another !!!! The stories are linked but very cleverly kept separate with no misunderstandings as to which life you are reading about at a particular time. I like the main character, she seemed very believable - all the characters did in fact. I read the book in three big chunks! It did turn out to be quite a page turner. I couldn't imagine how the author would tie everything up at the end - but she did and very well too. I will be looking out for more from Dani.
0Comment73 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2014
Was quite intrigued with this book. Different from my usual read but found the characters likeable and have to say overall I really enjoyed it. Found the ending to be a mixture of emotions and totally unexpected.
on 4 March 2014
Easy to read. I didn't get lost which can happen with two tales intertwined. And the final chapter was sad but happy and left me wondering which was reality. Great read and looking forward to next book
0Comment30 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2014
I want to start off by saying that I did enjoy this book, it's not the most original story I have ever read. It reminds me of a couple of movies I have seen (I'm not going to name the movies as it might possibly spoil the book for you!). But never the less it was unique in its own right.
There are a couple of things that let me down, first of all the characters, I can't quite put my finger as to why but there was something missing, something that stopped me from connecting to them. They were just too ordinary for my liking and they never fully stood out. There were times when they were, simply put, a little boring!
The writing style was great but unfortunately dragged in places, leading me too skip a few sentences here and there just to fast forward to the interesting parts, and fair play to Dani Atkins, when the story got interesting it was pretty decent!
Now, as you may have noticed in other reviews, everyone is raving about the spectacular 'never saw it coming' ending, but for me, even though the ending wasn't exactly as i has anticipated, I wasn't far off, so I wasn't as shell shocked and in awe as many other readers, but saying that it was still very much emotionally charged as I had hoped it would be and for me it was definitely the perfect ending to a highly recommend summer read.
on 30 April 2013
Very intriguing book - couldn't put it down! Finished it in two readings, look forward to reading more from this author.
0Comment29 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2014
I was able to finish reading this in one sitting, one afternoon when I was bored and on a mission to clear purchases off my kindle. I have decided to write this review only because it seems to have such great reviews, and I wanted to balance out the picture a little. This book is not great, not well written, clichés abound, and worst for me, is the fact that it left you confused yet disinterested at the end. I bought it, and I read it, but I wish I could take back those 90 minutes.

Not the worst book I have read, so I give it a generous 2 stars. But my advice is look elsewhere, there are plenty of good books out there.
on 5 September 2013
I had a long flight ahead of me and decided to check out some kindle titles when I came across this. I sort of like cheesy romances, and I thought this would be the typical girl boy fall in love story. How wrong was I? This storyline was completely unexpected and I couldn't put my kindle down. At one point I got a little confused but having re-read some parts I realised that at some points in the book you have to pay attention. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to read a reasonably short and rather touching story.