2,112 Reviews
 (1,342)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
Published 15 months ago by PeachesMum

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written
Although in theory I liked the concept it was a painful read. It's a very basic book and it's been a long time since I have read something like it. Even when I was at 93% I felt like quitting. I had no interest in finishing it.
Published 28 days ago by Dee

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
This is a brilliant book. Awesome. A unique theme very well written. Keeps you guessing right to the bitterweet end. I really couldn't put this book down - make sure you read it in one sitting, you will need to. The story is about Rachel, the central character, and how she comes to terms with how her life changes, and how it affcts those close to her, following a devastating accident. The plot and the characters are really well constructed and I didn't want this book to end. More please from Dany Atkins. At 78p on Kindle it is a shame that this book is not being very heavily promoted. Found it by accident, would have happily paid full price for it and the lack of promotion and the price does not do the author justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought inspiring., 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Easy to read. I didn't get lost which can happen with two tales intertwined. And the final chapter was sad but happy and left me wondering which was reality. Great read and looking forward to next book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and original romance!, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I've been looking for a new contemporary romance to read (after ploughing through a lot of pretty sub-par erotica) and came across this novel. I am SO GLAD I FOUND IT.

This is a fantastic debut set in England, telling the story of Rachel, whose life is torn apart after a tragic accident. Five years later, she ends up returning to Great Bishopsford, where she used to live, but a fall lands her in hospital. Waking up she learns her life seems to have fractured - and everything that she thought had happened since the accident never took place. Instead she's in a world where everything is completely different . . . including her fiancé.

This book has everything - genuine, likeable characters and fantastic dialogue (with some definite laugh-out-loud moments), as well as a heartbreaking love triangle at the centre. I can't recommend this enough - but beware of reading the ending in public. I did NOT see it coming and it blew me away!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read with an interesting twist at the end., 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I decided to read this book after reading the reviews. My usual genre is Crime/Thriller and I felt like reading a book without any murders to solve for once :) The idea of parallel lives interested me and I must say I was drawn into the story immediately. Without spoiling the story the book explores two scenarios, two sets of events in the lives of a group of friends who experience an accident together - life could go one way.......... or another !!!! The stories are linked but very cleverly kept separate with no misunderstandings as to which life you are reading about at a particular time. I like the main character, she seemed very believable - all the characters did in fact. I read the book in three big chunks! It did turn out to be quite a page turner. I couldn't imagine how the author would tie everything up at the end - but she did and very well too. I will be looking out for more from Dani.

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written, 26 Jun 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad!, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
This was a love story with a twist and although it had great potential, I was a bit let down with how the story progressed. It was almost as if the writer got bored half way through and decided to finish it quickly. Would probably appeal to teenage girls, but it wasnt for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written sub-standard fiction, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Really disappointed with the 'schoolgirl' approach to writing. Characters are one dimensional and bland. I cannot understand why this is a bestseller!

1.0 out of 5 stars badly written, dreadful ending, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Really unhappy with this book... Strings out stories in a way that a GCSE student could do with more belief and drama. Read this to the end and it was such a disappointment. My gut said stop about 50 pages in but I honestly thought it could get better. I was wrong.... I was taught very early in school never to write a story which finished up being a dream/make believe, my guess is the author didn't receive that bit of knowledge.

2.0 out of 5 stars Readable but predictable, 27 Feb 2014
FeeB (High Wycombe, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
While I enjoyed reading Fractured, it's pretty predictable and cliched. For a novel set in Britain, there were also one too many Americanisms in it for me: I went to the bathroom, it was a dumb idea etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
highly recommended I loved every single page, consistent pace that moves along fast enough to want more yet not too quick that you get confused. a brilliant story by a talented writer one of the best novels I've read to date can't wait for the next book.

Fractured