3,092 Reviews
 (1,915)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
highly recommended I loved every single page, consistent pace that moves along fast enough to want more yet not too quick that you get confused. a brilliant story by a talented writer one of the best novels I've read to date can't wait for the next book.
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrific
I honestly cannot understand where all of the rave reviews have come from for this book.
Published 3 months ago by Heffy

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
This is a brilliant book. Awesome. A unique theme very well written. Keeps you guessing right to the bitterweet end. I really couldn't put this book down - make sure you read it in one sitting, you will need to. The story is about Rachel, the central character, and how she comes to terms with how her life changes, and how it affcts those close to her, following a devastating accident. The plot and the characters are really well constructed and I didn't want this book to end. More please from Dany Atkins. At 78p on Kindle it is a shame that this book is not being very heavily promoted. Found it by accident, would have happily paid full price for it and the lack of promotion and the price does not do the author justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Was quite intrigued with this book. Different from my usual read but found the characters likeable and have to say overall I really enjoyed it. Found the ending to be a mixture of emotions and totally unexpected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and original romance!, 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I've been looking for a new contemporary romance to read (after ploughing through a lot of pretty sub-par erotica) and came across this novel. I am SO GLAD I FOUND IT.

This is a fantastic debut set in England, telling the story of Rachel, whose life is torn apart after a tragic accident. Five years later, she ends up returning to Great Bishopsford, where she used to live, but a fall lands her in hospital. Waking up she learns her life seems to have fractured - and everything that she thought had happened since the accident never took place. Instead she's in a world where everything is completely different . . . including her fiancé.

This book has everything - genuine, likeable characters and fantastic dialogue (with some definite laugh-out-loud moments), as well as a heartbreaking love triangle at the centre. I can't recommend this enough - but beware of reading the ending in public. I did NOT see it coming and it blew me away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant reading, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
As good a read as I've ever read.... I couldn't put the book down started it around 10am in between rushing here and there finally managing to finish it at 8.30pm.. would recommend to everyone over the age of 16... cannot wait for the next Dani Atkins book well done

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I totally loved this book, it was all very confusing in the beginning, but saying that I was still not sure right up until the end. Tears are running down my cheeks right now, I'm glad I read it - from the beginning I struggled to put it down, I just had to keep going. Yes the ending had me in tears, also still partly not sure if the ending was actually what I thought it is, regardless this is a truly beautiful story keeping you hooked, guessing and trying to make sense of it as she is doing herself. it truly show true love can survive anything no matter what happens in life or death

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read with an interesting twist at the end., 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I decided to read this book after reading the reviews. My usual genre is Crime/Thriller and I felt like reading a book without any murders to solve for once :) The idea of parallel lives interested me and I must say I was drawn into the story immediately. Without spoiling the story the book explores two scenarios, two sets of events in the lives of a group of friends who experience an accident together - life could go one way.......... or another !!!! The stories are linked but very cleverly kept separate with no misunderstandings as to which life you are reading about at a particular time. I like the main character, she seemed very believable - all the characters did in fact. I read the book in three big chunks! It did turn out to be quite a page turner. I couldn't imagine how the author would tie everything up at the end - but she did and very well too. I will be looking out for more from Dani.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought inspiring., 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Easy to read. I didn't get lost which can happen with two tales intertwined. And the final chapter was sad but happy and left me wondering which was reality. Great read and looking forward to next book

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrific, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I started reading this book and thought, 'Cool! An alternate universe! This is going to be great!' I couldn't have been more wrong. I'm not a fan of romance books but gave this one a go as it seemed like it would focus more on the awesome AU it had going on. But it honed in on the romance, so if you're into romance books, maybe this is the book for you. However, I found it excruciating to read; it was written very poorly, and used long complicated words for no apparent reason other than to show off/make it seem like it was going to be one of those classics where everyone loves it (seemingly this worked!) I found the story tedious and predictable. The relationship mirrored that of two fourteen years olds, with the age old 'I'm not sure if he likes me or not even though it's really obvious!' You know, where your supposed best friend and you don't have a clue about what the other one is thinking or feeling. Very realistic. Also, they are so closed off from one another; another unrealistic element. Close friends are for the most part open with one another and can read each other pretty well. Despite all of this, I persevered to the end, hoping for an ending that would somehow make the hours spent on this book worthwhile (I'm dyslexic, so choosing to read a particular book is a big deal as it takes me much longer than the average person) However, I was sorely disappointed. What a waste of my time. If you actually want a meaty book with good writing and a gripping plot, I would not suggest this one. However, if you want a quick book to pass the time on a train journey with nothing else to read and to throw away afterwards, then go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story, 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I saw this book on a First Reads giveaway and thought that the plot sounded interesting and unlike anything I've read before. I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book and I chose to read it in December for a Christmas reading challenge, as the book has snow on the cover. Although most of the book is set in December, and a few pages mention Christmas, this isn't a Christmas book;it's so much more.

I was drawn in from the first page of this book. It starts off on the night of the accident, and it was emotional from the very start, as Rachel loses her best friend. Although Rachel has a boyfriend, you can tell that there's something between her and her best friend Jimmy from the first page.
Rachel's life after losing Jimmy was miserable. She lived in a tiny London flat, working as an Administrator for an Engineering company, a far cry from her dream job as a journalist. Rachel suffers severe headaches, caused by the accident five years earlier, and after a visit to her home town, she suffers a fall. When she wakes up, she finds her life is so much better than she remembers, and when Jimmy appears in her hospital room, she can't believe what she's seeing.

I read several of the pages too fast in this book, as I was so desperate for Rachel to find solace, and I had to go back a few times to re-read certain sections. I found myself really connecting with Rachel; she was in such a terrible situation that I just wanted a happy ending for her, and I had many late nights reading this book until I just couldn't keep my eyes open any more.

The connection between Rachel and Jimmy is beautiful. Although this book is described as a love story, and a large of it is certainly a love story, there was so much more to this story than just romance. It was filled with tragedy, heartbreak, happiness, hope, despair, and everything in between. There were times while I was reading this, as it often happens with stories with an element of mystery, that I had a guess at the outcome of Rachel's predicament. However, all of my guesses were wrong, and the ending was a big shock. This is definitely one of those books that will stay with me for a long time, and although I managed to avoid waterworks, it was a close call, so do keep your tissues nearby

Fractured