5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 26 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Black Fridays (Kindle Edition)
I was given this book in a group of proofs from a friend at the publisher. Thank goodness I was, otherwise I might never have stumbled across this gem. The subject matter and the cover were initially both off putting, for me. However, being as I'd read all the others in the pile, I decided to give this one a go. Sorry for the long preamble, but I need to stress how prepared I was to not like this book!

Whilst the novel itself is fast paced and thrilling enough to keep you engrossed, the part that really drew me in was the protagonists relationship with his son. Well, this is just a beautifully written storyline - wonderfully realistic and touching. Watching their relationship develop was a real treat, and for me included real teary eye moments. In my opinion, it's the human side of this book which makes it a winner in my eyes.

Like the previous poster says, I am surprised that there are not more reviews about this book on here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read This, 31 Oct. 2013
C. Williams (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Fridays (Kindle Edition)
Great characters, interesting story, cheap and a favourable review by Marcel Berlins in the Sunday Times. I'm surprised there are not more rave reviews on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 2 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Black Fridays (Kindle Edition)
Just finished this most enjoyable book. As soon as I've done this review I'm looking to see what else he's written.

Black Fridays