5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind
For someone who's knowledgeable but only to a point, this has been a lifesaver.
It literally sets itself up after you plug it in and your computer finds it.
Great!
Published 21 months ago by Steve67

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy - catastrophic failure
I have owned many Apple products for many years, today was the first time I have been let down by both product and service.

Published 4 months ago by Nicholas J Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Apple 802.11AC 3TB Airport Time Capsule (Launched June 2013) (Accessory)
For someone who's knowledgeable but only to a point, this has been a lifesaver.
It literally sets itself up after you plug it in and your computer finds it.
Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to set up, works exceptionally well., 31 Mar. 2014
I considered buying one some time ago, but opted for a Western Digital NAS as a time machine backup disk. It made sense, nearly £200 difference between the time capsule and the WD drive for 3tb. I already had an Airport Extreme, so i thought it would do the job. It has been nothing but trouble. Slow transfer, lost connections, and occasionally it just disassociated my mac with the backups. Apple make products that work seamlessly together, so i decided to get a time capsule. I waited until the price was right, and bought it.

Set up was easier than my Airport. I connected them together, and Airport Utility asked if i wanted to replace the Airport with the Time Capsule. It then transferred all settings over and within 2 minutes, the Time Capsule was now providing my wireless network. Time Machine found it, and i set it up as the new back up drive. I selected my external iTunes drive and work drive to backup (so 2.5tb total) and off it went. It was completed inside a day, and has been spot on to date. I relocated my Airport upstairs to wirelessly extend the network, and as such the connectivity is so much better up there now. I also use the twin frequency feature, so my iPhone and mac connect to the 5ghz network, and other devices such as printer are on 2.4. The iPhone and mac connect at around 300-4500mbps, with little interruption.

I know Apple charge a lot, but the time and hassle that they save it worth the extra money, i don't want to mess around trying to get things to work, i want to use the technology i have to create things, enjoy digital content, to enhance my digital life, and this product has solved a small 1st world issue i had. It won't change your life, but it has meant i could ditch the WD NAS that was and under performer.

Keep an eye on the price, i got it when it dipped to £280 (£70 cheaper than Apple).

5.0 out of 5 stars A breeze to setup - apart from my wireless printer, 14 Dec. 2013
Mr. P. R. Hammond (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Delivered, unpacked, setup in fifteen minutes, can't argue with that.

However, to make the TC work at it's best I preferred to have it manage the network in it's entirety which means setting the connected modem to operate only in bridge mode then go back and reconfigure the TC to manage the DHCP and NAT functionality with PPPoE (that the modem previously handled). No major dramas here either.

Be advised however that I have not found a menu option within the iMac's Airport Utility that allows you to setup a compatible wireless printer - this menu does however exist within the iPad/iPhone version of the Airport Utility. This caused me several hours of fuss until I used the mobile setup by chance.

All in all, a fantastic piece of kit that sits quietly atop a piece of furniture and does what it needs to without any intervention, and my home network is faster for it too.

RECOMMENDED!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 15 Nov. 2013
Brand new and genuine Apple product.
Cheaper than the Apple store price.
Connects wirelessly to all my laptops.
The WIFI is much better now with Airport Time Capsule.
Great seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to set up and gives peace of mind., 15 July 2014
I purchased this item after my WD Passport external hard drive locked me out, as a new external drive for storage of some 50000 Raw images. But after reading up on it I found that it was better used as a back up to my system. I did manage to get back into my passport and at the moment it appears to be behaving itself, but I now have the TC doing regular backups automatically and don't have to worry about loosing all my images in the future.

The other function of the TC is as a router and I read mixed reviews as to how well this worked, we had a reasonable internet connection via Virginmedia, though we always had problems with buffering if we tried to watch anything on the BBC iplayer, since installing the TC this has not been the case and the signal is noticeably better now.

Having had some bad experiences in the past setting up wireless routers, I was not looking forward to setting the TC up, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how quick and simple it was. One reviewer said it could be done in the time it took to make a cup of tea and he was actually right.

A very stylish looking piece of equipment, if that is important to you.

It is not a cheap item but then again if you are looking at Apple products they never are, but the TC only confirmed my opinion that Apple is worth paying that bit extra for.

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer for your Mac, 18 Jan. 2014
M. Chambers (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
I have tried 2 back up devices before this, from WD, that were supposed to work with Mac. They start off OK and then start to give problems not backing up properly.
This is plug it in, it tells you how to configure it, and it get on and does it.
Now been in use for 4 months and hasn't missed a beat. This really is install it and forget it.
It also seems to give me a slightly better wifi network than my BT home hub, which it is plugged into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of the Apple family, 30 Nov. 2013
I bought this to replace a faulty hard drive. Easy to install and as part of the Apple family works seemlesssly with other Apple products

5.0 out of 5 stars I rest assured!, 3 April 2014
I must admit that I am an Apple freak and anything from them I consume! This time capsule simply confirmed that my confidence in Apple is not misplaced. With the 3TB Airport Time Capsule, I rest assured that my data is secure! Please don't release 5 TB version soon, allow me to enjoy this investment for at least 3 months!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy - catastrophic failure, 15 Jan. 2015

I bought the Airport Time Capsule (3TB) 13 months ago today (it failed after 12 months and 2 weeks). It has been sat in my office backing up 3 computers and providing my wifi without any other interaction. Then two weeks ago the wifi had gone and so had the little green light. It was soon apparent that it was an internal power failure (different cable didn't solve). I rang up apple support who said I was just over my warranty period but to go see a Genius anyway. I did so today - the Genius told me as I was 2 weeks outside my warranty it would not be replaced. "What about repair?" I asked, to which he told me that APPLE CAN NOT REPAIR BROKEN TIME CAPSULES - they will only replace them (if within the warranty period). He asked me if I wanted to purchase another one!! I don't think so!!

So for £349 I got 12 months and 2 weeks of backups and then a bricked time capsule which can not be repaired. We pay a premium for Apple products and I expected a lot more from them. This is not a dependable back-up solution, be warned.

4.0 out of 5 stars So much storage room!, 6 Dec. 2013
Mr. Mike Bailey "bontfaen" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
Extremely tidy and easy way to automate wireless back ups via Time Machine for both my iMac and Macbook Pro. Not sure yet how much the AC has improved the speed. As Apple would claim and I agree it just works though! Seller supplied the item at the best price I could find online, some £139 cheap erthan Apple would have charged me!