4.0 out of 5 stars It works!
It doesn't look as neat, glossy and pretty as the original Apple adaptor, but it didn't blow up my laptop, it works and it's half the price of the original product - what's not to like? Better still, it seems to be made of harder stuff that looks like it's not going to break within half a year of use - unlike the original product. Glad I found this!
Published 14 months ago by Julia C

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - safety hazard
Less than 2 months after purchase this charger exploded in my hand, giving me a shock, burning my hand, blowing the power in my flat and damaging the macbook itself - the battery now cannot hold a charge and switches off below 70% power. I still haven't received anything for the injury or damage. DO NOT BUY
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 6 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, 8 Mar. 2013
I gave it 5 stars because , I can't find a fault with it. Working perfectly, did a fair bit of research on replacing my broken adaptor and this one worked out at good value

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, 1 Mar. 2013
A good solid product, unlike the original Apple adapter there is no cord between the plug and the transformer box, this might cause issues if you need to plug in to a confined space. No problem for me though and there's a good long cord between the transformer and the Magsafe plug.
The Magsafe plug works well and is as secure as the original in use.

Oddly this was dispatched in it's open, unsealed packaging with an address label stuck to the front. Quite lucky the contents were still inside if you ask me. For the price they could have splashed out on a Jiffy bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 8 Mar. 2015
Bought this as a spare for travelling. Works perfectly on my late 2012 MBA 13-inch. I bought the 85W which is over-spec'd for the computer, but was hardly any more expensive. It will do if I should ever change to a MB Pro, and might have more design margin than the 45W. The slim white "brick" seems better for travelling than the Apple equivalent, though it doesn't have any cable-tidy guides. It has a standard figure-of-eight (C7) connector the same as my camera chargers, so I only need to carry one mains lead. The magsafe connector appears identical to the Apple one, with the same indicators. It (the charger) gets warm but not hot when charging the computer.

Oh, and to the comments which suggest "better to pay more for a genuine Apple product" I suggest you take a look at the reviews on Apple's own site before deciding - that's one of the reasons I chose to go for this Lavolta instead!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... other consumers' comments and discovered that this item was superior to Apple's own brand so I ordered it, 26 Feb. 2015
P. Huxley "Modus Vivendi" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I researched other consumers' comments and discovered that this item was superior to Apple's own brand so I ordered it. It arrived sooner than I expected and, so far, I am entirely satisfied with the charger's performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb !, 27 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Apple 11-inch MacBook Air (Intel Dual Core i5 1.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Drive, Intel HD Graphics 5000, Mac OS X) Launched June 2013 (Personal Computers)
I have used Mac Book Pro's for years in 13,15 and 17" guises ... and love them - but wanted something small but still effective to carry around with me.

This fits the bill perfectly - the Air is tiny and weighs next to nothing !! It is superbly crafted and feels, like most Apple products a class item. It is now less expensive and better specified with 128GB of fast storage. The start up time is akin to an Ipad and the processor speed brilliant given this is the smallest and cheapest model.

The screen is good but nowhere near as good as a MBP. It is, however, far better than any Netbook I have seen or used.

The keyboard is just like a MBP and, well, it is all Mac !! The internet is very speedy and RAM sufficient at 4GB for my limited needs. Battery life is supposed to be better on this model but is still not IMO as claimed ... but easily OK enough for most people - and far better than my old HP Netbook.

Be aware you can't upgrade the RAM after buying ... so if you want 8 you have to buy one spec'd up.

I have been really surprised by this machine and would thoroughly recommend looking them if thinking of buying !

5.0 out of 5 stars All Good until just over 2 months later !!, 15 Dec. 2014
Product was as described when arrived....it works perfectly . The only downside being that it is shorter than the actual Apple version , but for less than half the price then I can definitely live with that. BUT !!!! UNFORTUNATELY AFTER ONLY HAVING HAD THE ITEM FOR LESS THAN 3 MONTHS , IT HAS NOW FALLEN APART !!! NOT HAPPY !! AVOID !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Prompt & honest service, 14 July 2014
I spent some time vacillating before finally pushing the 'buy' button but I needn't have worried. I think the excellent price was at the heart of my anxiety - 'this is too good to be true' - but the delivery was prompt, setup was easy and everything is working as I would expect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - safety hazard, 23 Feb. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and so portable, 31 Aug. 2013
Was tempted with 13 inch Mac book Air but this 11 inch version is the ultimate in portability
Not that much bigger than an iPad
Great buy at a great price