5.0 out of 5 stars 'Grey' Import Macbook Air
I ordered this item before reading the reviews, and when i read the only negative review, my heart sank! I was so caught up and frustrated at the fact it didn't have a UK keyboard i was ready to send it back before it even arrived.
Published 13 months ago by Gary Matthews

2.0 out of 5 stars ThIs laptop arrived and within four days has died
I am not sure if the laptop is reconditioned or new; it seemed new but has broken down (screen black and it does not respond) within four days of using it. I am going to try to send it back to Hong Kong (where it was sent from) but I am very worried about getting my money back.
Published 2 months ago by G. C. Kennaway

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Grey' Import Macbook Air, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Apple MD760B/A 13.3 inch MacBook Air Dual Core i5 , 1.3GHz, Turbo Boost 4GB Ram ,128HDD, Intel HD Graphic 5000 2 x USB 3.0 Mac OX and iLife (Personal Computers)
So it came to the arrival day, it arrived in the morning, I opened the box and took the mac out, opened it, and it was indeed an AMERICAN keyboard.

But you know what, i fell in love straight away and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the functionality or the image of the mac! You can barely notice! and all my friends that have Macs didn't even realise when they looked/used it. I love it, and to be honest i paid 825 for a 999 Mac! If your skeptical about the American Keyboard don't be!

BATTERY life is amazing! when using it just for browsing and writing documents, it lasted 13hrs 12mins. When i play Football Manager 2013 non-stop it last around 5 hours.

BUILD quality is amazing, its so sleek and thin yet reassuringly robust, theres no screen wobble when travelling on the train, bending or distortion.

SCREEN is amazing. Even though it isn't retina display, i didn't mind the slight loss of sharpness at all! the colours are full and bright and text is plenty sharp enough to not have any problems reading.

KEYBOARD is extremely easy to type on with satisfying key feedback, and the key light feature not only looks amazing but is very useful at night.

SUMMARY
This item (although an import) is definitely worth the purchase. once you have the mac on your desk, you will realise how irrelevant the keyboard situation is. i promise you won't be disappointed!

If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Review From The Seller GB Buddy., 27 May 2014
K. P. Jones "Kyle jones" (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
I ordered my macbook air from the seller GB Buddy.
I was quoted for delivery for 1 week - a MONTH. -HOWEVER, i received the item within 4 days.
I was not given a tracking number but with a email to the company they gave me one.
The product is brand new and sealed. I believe its from California? anyway the only difference if you're in the UK is that there is a dollar key sign and the @ symbol is above where the number 2 is. The enter key is a difference shape to what we are used to but it makes no difference. First time MAC user. Just wanted something with a quality feel. And this is it.
Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic laptop at a great price, 4 Dec 2013
I chose this laptop as a result of many personal recommendations, I am not disappointed at all! Fantastic product at a great price. I would recommend this supplier any time.

2.0 out of 5 stars ThIs laptop arrived and within four days has died, 21 Jun 2014
G. C. Kennaway "guyk" (britain) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets. Not one!, 20 Aug 2014
I found this great deal following some research from one of my favourite tech review websites which linked me straight in.
Like some other contributors here, I was initially unconvinced that buying a device with a US spec keyboard was a good idea.
Clearly the bargain price got the better of me and I resigned myself to just putting up with it, should I have to.
I am embarrassed at my own stupidity. Within five minutes of opening the package (which arrived much more quickly than the expected delivery date -thank you), I had forgotten all about my US spec keyboard phobia. Get over yourselves people it's a non issue.
I've never had a MacBook before, but I'll never have anything else after this one- that said, I predict that this one will be with me for a long, long time.
Buy one now. You won't regret it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Non UK Spec Macbook Air, 6 July 2013
There was a time when it was safe to order from amazon, now they're "fulfilling" so many orders from different sellers you cannot trust them, may as well buy from ebay. I ordered this thinking amazon would be selling nothing other than a brand new UK spec Macbook Air with British layout keyboard. Instead you get a US layout keyboard (no sign, small enter key etc). Really annoyed at amazon for not making this clear on the product page given the high price of the item, it's a big purchase for many people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 9 May 2014
First time mac user. So far, very good. Was a little slow to arrive but within the guidelines given. Was a bit worried not buying from Apple but so easy to set up and no problems at also far. I love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fundamentally flawed, crashes without warning losing work, 23 Dec 2013
I so wanted to be able to give this 5 stars. It's light, quick with a great battery life but it's not reliable, so who cares?

I had an employer's Feb-2012 model that would crash on the way to and from work. I'd get on the train to find it displaying an error message saying it had just recovered from a serious error but all my work would be there as the auto saves all did their job. Strange but didn't affect my work.

So when I set up my own business, I knew my MacBook Pro 17" would be just fine at home but lugging around what amounts to a portable desktop, would not be fun after the MacBook Air, so I bought a new one in Aug-13.

I've since had to return it as unfit for purpose claiming a refund under the 1979 Sale of Goods Act.

This one began crashing in the same manner but it got worse until it would crash in normal use with no way of knowing when, or if, it would come back to life. It did this whilst being operated remotely during a PPT presentation in front of a board of directors and refused to wake up, so we adjourned for lunch.

The failure can be replicated by trying to wake the machine just after it's dimmed the screen, as so many of us do when we realise we shouldn't have goofed off that long.

There are numerous threads on the subject on Apple's forums, Mac forums, a Facebook group titled, "MacBook Air screen goes black," YouTube videos etc.

When I took it in to an Apple retailer I demonstrated the crash on mine then two of theirs' before they decided that was quite enough proof thanks very much.

CNET reported this in July 2013 and again in December 2013. Apple have taken until December 2013 to even admit there's a problem.

Mine had the I/O Board, Logic Board, Flex Cable, Display, Hard Drive and Battery replaced and it still crashed, hence I returned it for a refund as Apple were unable to guarantee they could replace it with a version that would not crash.

This is a huge problem, particularly as machines that were stable suddenly degenerate, so even if they do work now, how long will they last?

Is the MacBook Air destined to become a 1,000 paperweight on coffee tables where we discuss how it lead to the demise of Apple?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 17 Aug 2014
It is an awesome laptop, the keyboard is american one, however this is no problem for me. In general, battery is good, be careful with the cycles and follow the instructions given in the apple site. The screen is amazing, very good reading and colour reproduction. As every product of Apple the quality of build is incomparable. The keyboard is very very soft, I had never typed in an apple laptop before, it surprised me. The only problem is that this laptop was not built to play games, so if this is your intention buy MacBook Pro.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works..., 7 Sep 2013
TR Fifield "Timothy" (Horsham, UK) - See all my reviews
and then some!

I'm an Apple fan and have been for some time. I have an iMac and an iPad and are primarily using them for business. Whilst I love my iPad it falls short in terms of the ability to be truly productive. iPad Apps are great for tweaks and working on the move but in my opinion serious business applications still work best when you originate them on a "proper" computer be it a desktop or laptop using the full blown programmes.

I do however LOVE the portability of iPad, battery life, instant on and "it just works" context.

A perfect blend of desktop and iPad is the Macbook Air. It is both light enough to carry and powerful enough to run full applications giving access to all your favourite programmes in their native environment.

Here's why I love my MacBook Air:

- It runs all my favourite programmes, iWork, Photoshop, Keynote etc in ALL their glory
- It's extremely light and portable
- I love flipping the lid and it's ready to go - INSTANTLY
- It integrates beautifully with Apple TV meaning you can mirror your desktop for presentations
- The Flash memory means it's lightening fast - programmes open and respond instantly
- Two USB ports and a thunderbolt connection is perfectly adequate
- Although a Mac enthusiast, you can of course run Apple versions of Microsoft Programmes (Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc) and have the full Windows experience by installing Bootcamp etc
- Cloud based services as provided by Google, Dropbox, iCloud etc mean that I'm not storing huge amounts of files on my MacBook making the 128GB flash drive adequate for my resources. If you're planning on storing music, photos and video invest in the biggest drive you can afford.
- Windows users nervous to change should not worry. I estimate that a competent Windows user will learn all the basics of "Mac life" in a few hours of delightful discovery. You should however ensure that all your critical programmes work on a Mac before you buy if you're not planning to use Bootcamp or equivalent.

Hope that helps and if you buy a MacBook Air I would like to welcome you to my world!

Tim