5.0 out of 5 stars Chvrches take us Back to the Future
What a brilliant, sublime paradox this album is. Having been a teenager of the 80's this album revives some fantastic memories of bands like Ultravox, Depeche Mode, A-ha, Yazoo, and many others with it's screaming synths, electronic beats and great songwriting. But to purely tag this music as 80's revivalism would be doing Chvrches a huge injustice. What Bones has done is...
Published 20 months ago by shaune1970

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much better
The main appeal of Chvrches is Lauren Mayberry's wonderful, soaring voice. How disappointing that on 2 of the 12 tracks the vocals are handed over to one of the other band members - oh, so bland I'm afraid and you can't help thinking what Lauren could have done with those 2 songs. Never mind, don't forget that the Beatles used to let Ringo sing a tune now and again...
Published 17 months ago by Ullapool

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 417 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect !, 20 Jun. 2014
Electronic music and beautiful melodies are compatible, that has been proved by Chvrches, let's hope they can go on making such a nice songs !

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite albums of the year, 17 Jun. 2014
This is the kind of album you can listen to over and over again - trust me, I've tried it! I'm not much of a music critic but the combination of the slightly haunting voice of the lead singer and the catchy synth tunes is a real winner in my book and the whole album is worth a listen to, unlike most of the modern pop albums I've heard where there's only 1 or 2 tracks worth your time. Looking forward to the next album!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bones of Brilliance, 11 Jun. 2014
I was aware of the impact the band were making via Twitter, so checked out youtube, and found some videos of "mother..", as I had previously taken risks buying early Hot Chip & LCD Soundsystem stuff on instinct, I took a gamble on "The Bones..". I dipped into it over a couple of weeks, before it got its hooks into me. And their are hooks upon hooks.
This is now firmly one of my favourite albums of the last 5 years. It's a great electronic album, it's great pop, the writing is superb.
I can't wait to see how CHVRCHES develop.This band are now one of my dearly beloved, I recommend you gather amongst us. Here. Today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album!, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack] (Audio CD)
I bought this on the strength of the first two singles, but there isn't a bad track on the album.10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Chvrches cd exceeds expectations, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack] (Audio CD)
'Mother' is the stand out track but many other delights here. Electro pop fun with angelic voice and musical ingenuity. 5/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack] (Audio CD)
How do you review music? I think the album is great but then you might not! Try listening on a the interweb first...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Uni Band, 23 May 2014
This review is from: The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack] (Audio CD)
Fabulous uni band who have grown & grown. Need to hear more of you though!!!!!
Please write some new songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 12 May 2014
This review is from: The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack] (Audio CD)
I only buy albums from new artists very occasionally but when I heard Chvrches on Radio 1 for the first time I instantly knew I was going to like them. After checking out the album on Spotify and liking every track it was a no brainer to purchase the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 6 May 2014
This review is from: The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack] (Audio CD)
Amazing album...great new band breaking through and i have to say that laurens voice is amazing and the singles from the album blew me away

5.0 out of 5 stars My album of the year, 24 April 2014
This review is from: The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack] (Audio CD)
Great from start to finish, much more than I expected from just the singles. Looking to see them live to see if they live up to the quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 417 | Next ›