5.0 out of 5 stars Vtech Toot Toot Drivers Train Station

Good product
Published 2 months ago by chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Vtech Toot Toot Drivers Train Station, 15 April 2014
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Train Station (Baby Product)
This train station along with the VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Fire Station was supposed to be the last of the Toot Toot range that we had left to get for our son except they have just brought out even more new products much to ours sons glee and our disappointment! We actually purchased this train set last September when it was on offer on Amazon to put away for our son's birthday after Christmas and so he has only just started playing with this despite up having physically owned it longer.

The train set is HUGE just to warn any prospective purchasers as we didn't quite realise how big it was when we bought it but it takes up a good chunk of our living room floor when it is set up and there will be no chance to have it set up in our sons room unless we pack away all of his other toot too sets. I have included 3 pictures within the product pictures which hopefully show how big it is and it is next to quite a large three seater sofa for scale. My son loves it though and especially the train which he likes to play with away from the set too and have it just chugging along on the wood floor.

The set actually only has 9 smart points that I can count and not the advertised 10 but to be honest you get so much track etc for the price (assuming bought at below the 35mark) that I'm not too bothered about one smart point being missing. You need 3 AAA batteries for the train and 2 AA for the train station and we use rechargeable batteries with all of our sons toys and they seem to last a fair while on the set providing it's not on all day of course. The train does sometimes get stuck on some of the track but a gentle prod usually gets it moving again. The crank shaft handle is a little difficult for my toddler but he can manage it although I would imagine a younger baby would struggle. I love the way the train pauses at the storage shed by itself for your little one to load up it's cargo and the set comes with a little green boulder to use as cargo along with space on the train bed to fit another Toot Toot vehicle.

One niggle would be that the bridge supports are not great and do tend to break off easily if my toddler knocks them by accident but all in all a fantastic set and definitely the best Toot Toot set he has so far. Now we just have to get him the new new ones that have come out - please please stop Vtech! :p

VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Police Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Vtech Toot-Toot Drivers Train Station, 1 Nov 2013
spitzer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Train Station (Baby Product)
This is probably the largest Toot Toot set that we have purchased. As you would expect the track from this set is compatible with all the other track/road pieces in the Toot Toot range. In the description it says that there are 10 smart points which is true but although they activate the vehicle's own voice or music it does not recognise the police car, ambulance or any other of the vehicles my son already owns - the smart points do work better with the train supplied with this set. There is a conveyor belt that is hand wound/cranked so vehicles are dragged to the top of a hill and over a bridge which works great and should keep little ones busy for a while. The train needs 3 AAA batteries and the tower that speaks German, French and Spanish as well as English needs 2 AAA batteries. As with the rest of the Toot Toot range the English is spoken in a British English accent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids who love trains., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Train Station (Baby Product)
My 2 year old loves, loves, loves this train to the point that we bought 2 so we could make a massive track. Very easy to build but could do with having the option of buying more track rather than the whole thing

4.0 out of 5 stars Toot toot driver train station., 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Train Station (Baby Product)
My almost 2year old loves this along with the rest of the toot toot stuff. Full marks apart from u can't set it up the same as on the box. Apart from tht it's defo worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Choo Choo, 15 July 2014
This review is from: VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Train Station (Baby Product)
Son loves it and so does dad

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 July 2014
Good product

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
This review is from: VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Train Station (Baby Product)
Great you can add so many things to this

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 18 Jun 2014
Fantastic product!
Both my son's, 6 & 2yrs, love this train station set.
The train can be switched from automatic to manual at the push of a button so your child can push it around the track if they prefer.
It comes with a sheet of various tracks you can build or you can make up your own which my 6 yr old enjoys doing.
You will need batteries for the station tower.
I highly recommend this play set.
I can see it being used for many years in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars One that's going to grow with him, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Train Station (Baby Product)
Lovely fast service. At first my 20 month old just pulled apart why I built, but as e has for older loves building it, def a purchase that's going to grow with him

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe for children, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Train Station (Baby Product)
My daughter love it. It is very easy to make different tracks. Plastic is a good quality. I would recommend it.