Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

VINE VOICEon 19 June 2013
I bought this album simply because I love to listen to her sing. This CD is another well produced and superbly sung product. I have now decided that it is not a good one to play whilst driving though because it makes me too relaxed. For listening to after a hard day maybe to take away the stresses and strains. As with all of her albums it is a joy to listen to and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 17 June 2013
On first listen I was immediately impressed by the intricate yet simple backing and Hayley's delicate close-miked vocals that make it sound almost as if she is there in the room with you. It is particularly impressive when played through a high quality sound system or good headphones.

My favourites? Well all of them really but Pretty Little Horses, Hushabye Mountain and When At Night (the evening prayer from the opera Hansel and Gretel) stand out for me. The final track Stay Awake is guaranteed to make you do the opposite if played late in the evening, it's possibly the most relaxing ending to an album that I've ever heard.

If you like Hayley or just like relaxing music, don't miss out on this album!
on 26 September 2013
Hayley has a wonderful voice. Like many others, I was captivated by her early recordings.
Unfortunately the later CDs became increasingly over-produced and her voice was overwhelmed by instrumentation. I longed for a new release that would let her mature voice ring out.
This latest CD does just that - the backing stays in its proper place and her lovely voice comes forward. But the material is not of general appeal and is not what I have been hoping for. To be honest, I have only played it through twice and will probably never play it again.
Please can we have something more exciting next time?
on 29 June 2013
I ordered this from the US because it's not due to be released here until August 27. (An aside, it arrived in less than a week...kudos to Amazon.) I've listened to the album in full twice now, and I have to say, I LOVE it! Hayley's voice is just stunning and so intimate, just as promised. Some of the songs were completely new to me, so hearing them in full for the first time with Hayley singing them was a real treat! Early favorites for me are Go to Sleep, Goodnight my Angel, and Baby Mine. But I really like all of them. Twinkle Twinkle is my least favorite actually, but the arrangement is still refreshing. To those who think they don't want the album because it's lullabies, I say, RECONSIDER! It's wonderful! Also, for those with babies, I've experimented with Hayley's voice before, and it does the trick in putting them to sleep!
on 7 August 2013
This is not up to the standard of previous albums. Just listening to Paradiso and it does not even sound like the same person singing on this one! Hopefully better to come next time.
on 23 February 2014
Purchased as a great fan of this lovely young woman having almost all her CDs, but this one is a bit wishy-washy, better suited for the nursery.
on 19 September 2013
A very mellow sound,just the job for winding down. It will do the trick for settling the kids down at the end of a busy day . I really liked it.
on 27 June 2013
This is my favourite CD so far from Hayley! It's great to hear the whole setting of "Twinkle, twinkle little star". It IS lullabies, so is meant to be relaxing and stay in gentle mode. I usually like a change of tempo and dynamics on a CD, but it would destroy the atmosphere in this case. No babies in the family at present, but everyone (adults) loves it. After listening we are totally calm and "chilled".
on 9 July 2013
Please, dear music lovers, do not simply pass this off as a lullaby CD. This is a beautiful collection of songs with lovely arrangements and superb singing. Perfect at the end of a day at the office, a lazy summer afternoon, or cold winter morn. Simple, elegant and yet highly captivating. Sleep On and Billy Joel's Goodnight My Angel are two favourites.
on 17 June 2013
As I am a huge fan of Hayley's I was at first disappointed that she was releasing an album of lullabies as I thought that an album like this would not showcase her talents. However, while we do not see any of Hayley's songwriting skills on this album it does showcase her beautiful vocals and some stunning arrangements.

Hayley has a crystal clear voice, however the way she uses her voice on this album really stands out. Unlike her last album Paradiso where there was an orchestra and dramatic songs, Hushabye has intimate vocals as though Hayley were in the room singing to you. I love how she sings softly as this really suits the themes of the songs. The arrangements of these songs are the most beautiful I have ever heard, even songs which I thought I would dislike such as Twinkle, Twinkle, Stay Awake and Hushabye Mountain have become some of my favourites on the album.

Standout Tracks: The Pretty Little Horses, Go To Sleep, Dream a Little Dream, When at Night, Baby Mine.

Hushabye is not just a lullaby album for babies, it is really relaxing and soothing. Beautiful voice and beautiful songs to match, I had to give it 5 stars.